OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Report back on how you like the GT vs the eco.

What color did you get?
Shadow black and yep I will after it's shipped. No clue how long that will take, also just requested a title from the DMV so hopefully everything that comes soon.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
0% is the new "come get this shit off our lot" incentive. Given the state of the economy it makes sense that it's coming back in force. It's interesting too, because in theory the OEM's should lose money doing it. But as the wise member above said, its probably baked into the price of the car. MSRP's have jumped through the roof recently afterall....

It's smart though. Much easier to get people to buy your 40-50K vehicle at 0% than 6.99%...
The even sadder part is the amount people buying a $40-50K vehicle on a $40-50K salary. Not to mention putting hardly anything down and carrying a 72-84month note.

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
So I looked into my 401k loan, it's 9% but all the interest to be paid goes back to the 401k account and not to the bank. I would stay away from conventional loan for a while now.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP

Fred Larson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I just bought a new 2022 GT Premium. I was totally unaware of the 0%, I was planning to pay cash until my salesman mentioned the free financing while doing the paperwork. My credit ratings have all been blocked (by me) for many years, so I had to jump through some hoops to open that up for a day (I did not know or remember my PIN). Anyway it was a pleasant surprise, although I don't like the idea of having a monthly payment for the next 60 months. In addition to the financing deal, I got a substantial discount off sticker and a decent trade-in allowance for my 2015 V6, I assume because it was a 2022 model.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So I looked into my 401k loan, it's 9% but all the interest to be paid goes back to the 401k account and not to the bank. I would stay away from conventional loan for a while now.
just how secure is your employment? Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just how secure is your employment? Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?
Why are you triggered? I am simply saying there is another way of taking a loan isn't it?
As for me, I wouldn't say lucky, I am smart enough worked hard and had the qualification for a key position in my company that I have 0 concern about my employment, cheers.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you triggered? I am simply saying there is another way of taking a loan isn't it?
As for me, I wouldn't say lucky, I am smart enough worked hard and had the qualification for a key position in my company that I have 0 concern about my employment, cheers.
Well good then. I brought it up because a deep recession is in the offing. And if your job goes so does your window to repay. It becomes immediately payable.

Ps please tell me you recognize a famous movie quote when you see one ..

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Well good then. I brought it up because a deep recession is in the offing. And if your job goes so does your window to repay. It becomes immediately payable.

Yea, I think he missed the humor or movie because you don t have that kind of reputation. He may be too young to remember it?
"Can t we all get along".

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Thank you for reminding me of the recession. But my job is safe af.
And I don't watch too many movies so sorry about not recognizing a movie quote...

Sponsored

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
And I don't watch too many movies so sorry about not recognizing a movie quote...
Funny I just put a mans go to know his limitations on the Michelin cup2 thread. I think it went over his head.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Don't feel bad, I'm 24 and had no clue what that was from lol

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think it's just sad in general that credit works the way it does. The only thing that should affect credit is missed payments and your debt/money owed or outstanding loans and your income to make sure you can afford what you're trying to purchase. I hate the game greatly and I've been stuck hovering around 760-770 forever.
So I obviously don't know your exact financial situation, but I had over 20 years of never missing a mortgage payment, never missing a credit card payment, paying off all my bills on time, no other debt, etc etc, and wasn't getting a perfect credit score (or even close to) in spite of making a decent amount of money.

To this point, I'd always used my credit card(s) for everything, thinking having an active credit history, but paying them off each month, would show I was a trustworthy borrower.

I decided to do an experiment and started using my debit card for everything, and on the rare occasion, I needed to use a credit card, I would pay off the balance the day it his my account, and not wait for the due date. Well, within 2 months, my credit score shot up to perfect.

For some retarded reason, when I sold my house last year, my credit score took a 60 point hit (I guess owing less money and suddenly having $500,000 more in my bank made me a less trustworthy borrower).

Out of curiosity, I added a low interest rate car loan back in to see what that would do to my credit, and it ended up going back up a bit, but no where near what it was before.

The biggest difference is, I've been renting the last year, and my credit score takes random dips out of the exceptional to the very good range for no reason.

As far as I'm concerned the credit score system is a complete scam, designed to make living cost more for people who need a break the most.
Sponsored