OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So I obviously don't know your exact financial situation, but I had over 20 years of never missing a mortgage payment, never missing a credit card payment, paying off all my bills on time, no other debt, etc etc, and wasn't getting a perfect credit score (or even close to) in spite of making a decent amount of money.

To this point, I'd always used my credit card(s) for everything, thinking having an active credit history, but paying them off each month, would show I was a trustworthy borrower.

I decided to do an experiment and started using my debit card for everything, and on the rare occasion, I needed to use a credit card, I would pay off the balance the day it his my account, and not wait for the due date. Well, within 2 months, my credit score shot up to perfect.

For some retarded reason, when I sold my house last year, my credit score took a 60 point hit (I guess owing less money and suddenly having $500,000 more in my bank made me a less trustworthy borrower).

Out of curiosity, I added a low interest rate car loan back in to see what that would do to my credit, and it ended up going back up a bit, but no where near what it was before.

The biggest difference is, I've been renting the last year, and my credit score takes random dips out of the exceptional to the very good range for no reason.

As far as I'm concerned the credit score system is a complete scam, designed to make living cost more for people who need a break the most.
I get how utilization works but I also hate it, I have 0 debt and make over 6 figures, okay so I went a little overboard with mods and got to maybe half of my max utilization, boom fuck your credit score
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The even sadder part is the amount people buying a $40-50K vehicle on a $40-50K salary. Not to mention putting hardly anything down and carrying a 72-84month note.
I guess you're beating inflation big time doing 0% at those high loan terms. But yes, irresponsibility is the way for most these days. I guess the logic being for most people that they're just going to have a car payment forever.

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a credit rating of 810. I make a very good living and could afford to purchase cars for cash. But I purchased my new GT with 0% for 60. I invested the $62k and it’s bringing me a 5% return. Take advantage of 0% and put your cash to work for you.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
So I obviously don't know your exact financial situation, but I had over 20 years of never missing a mortgage payment, never missing a credit card payment, paying off all my bills on time, no other debt, etc etc, and wasn't getting a perfect credit score (or even close to) in spite of making a decent amount of money.

To this point, I'd always used my credit card(s) for everything, thinking having an active credit history, but paying them off each month, would show I was a trustworthy borrower.

I decided to do an experiment and started using my debit card for everything, and on the rare occasion, I needed to use a credit card, I would pay off the balance the day it his my account, and not wait for the due date. Well, within 2 months, my credit score shot up to perfect.

For some retarded reason, when I sold my house last year, my credit score took a 60 point hit (I guess owing less money and suddenly having $500,000 more in my bank made me a less trustworthy borrower).

Out of curiosity, I added a low interest rate car loan back in to see what that would do to my credit, and it ended up going back up a bit, but no where near what it was before.

The biggest difference is, I've been renting the last year, and my credit score takes random dips out of the exceptional to the very good range for no reason.

As far as I'm concerned the credit score system is a complete scam, designed to make living cost more for people who need a break the most.
So last Friday an older friend of mine came into my workplace to have her car serviced and a recall done. I was chatting with her since it was toward the end of the day as her vehicle was getting finished and she told me something interesting I have not tried quite yet since I haven't had my statement come for either cars I use yet.

She said that she accidentally caught something she had been doing by accident for awhile and figured it had to do with her credit going up fairly drastically. She said that after her statements came for whichever card she was using since she's married, any time she made a personal purchase she would just pay that amount of right away and then a couple days before the statement due date paying off the rest. We both figured that it seems as if you are making double payments this way and why her score kind of started to shoot up.

I also have never missed any payments as far as anything that would be related to raising or hurting my credit so I'm not really sure. I do know that closing out a loan TO early hurts which is ridiculous, however, at the same time I kind've get it depending on what it is. Like paying off a house loan 10+ years early, although at the same time going back to the original thing is that credit is just plain stupid and it's literally a game. Definitely made to make poor people poorer and rich people are able to afford or get more things and pay less for them. Just a trash system.

Also to indiscreetly answer your question about my financial situation. I make a decent living being single and where I'm located. I would be happier if I made more than I do but it isn't bad. I've got a house I'm paying for and 2 car payments at the moment which, probably wasn't the smartest decision but I have a 60 mile round trip commute and my old 99 chev beater was just getting old and didn't want to sink more money into it on top of it guzzling gas at 14 or less mpg. Saving minimum 150/month on gas with the new car and it's something much more reliable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Smart cat! Looks kind of similar to mine.
as much as I'd like to think the cat is smart, my money is on the cat can hear the ball making a faint sound.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I think it's just sad in general that credit works the way it does. The only thing that should affect credit is missed payments and your debt/money owed or outstanding loans and your income to make sure you can afford what you're trying to purchase. I hate the game greatly and I've been stuck hovering around 760-770 forever.
Ya, put plane tickets on a card 3400.00 and the card reported and my credit score when up.
paid the card off a week later, to get the miles but no interest charged, and the card reported, balance paid off. Credit score dropped 16. WTF.
It has nothing to do with paying your bills on time, or being responsible .

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I agree but then wonder if they don t hit you with THEIR worse case senario price assuming you may pay cash??? Hard to beat the house , LOL.
It's not a lambo. there is another ford dealer down the road, play games, bye bye. You just have to be clear, that they get one shot, and that is it. Even if the car is everything you ever wanted, down to the way you would order it. you don't lead on that you want THAT one only. you act like any v8 mustang will do. Once they understand you have no problem, walking away from a deal. they stop with that horse shyt
Sponsored