Wheel Brands

Bflem55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I’m trying to decide on wheels and quality in construction. My 16 GT isn’t a daily driver and it is stored in the winter time. The roads in Ohio do suck though and pot holes aren’t uncommon. I have been looking at some of the GT350 and GT500 replica wheels on American muscle not sure about there quality though. I also have seen wheels made by Voxx that discount tire sells. Just wanting to know if I should look at something better?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
go look at TireRack and BBwheels for suitable wheels and FitmentIndustries to see a broad list of what's available. You can find many FLow-formed construction for same price as low-pressure cast.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I’m trying to decide on wheels and quality in construction. My 16 GT isn’t a daily driver and it is stored in the winter time. The roads in Ohio do suck though and pot holes aren’t uncommon. I have been looking at some of the GT350 and GT500 replica wheels on American muscle not sure about there quality though. I also have seen wheels made by Voxx that discount tire sells. Just wanting to know if I should look at something better?
Yes, check out BC Forged and Signature Wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bflem55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
So are the voxx wheels not a good brand ?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What is your budget?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
225-265 per wheel would be nice
Thats a pretty cheap budget. That said, you can still get something decent especially from LMR as mentioned above. Their wheels are right around that price point and are pretty light.

OP
OP

Bflem55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Are the replica wheels on American muscle for the GT350 and PP1 wheels not a good option?

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Deleted member 35644

I had a set of Voxx wheels on my Mazda. I liked them, but the clearcoat on the polished rim lasted about 6 months before it started to peel. They told me to kick rocks. Buyer beware.

Voxx.jpg

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Are the replica wheels on American muscle for the GT350 and PP1 wheels not a good option?
They are cast wheels, the cheapest and least durable construction. They also only come in 8.5 inch width for the front. The LMR replicas (S350, R350, SP2, etc.) are flow formed and come in 19x10 square or 19x10, 19x11 staggered.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Look for flow-formed/spin-forged (same thing). Avoid brands that omit their manufacturing technique, cause those are likely just fully cast (and heavy/weak). Fully forged are usually more expensive than your budget.

Apex, SVE (some models) are spun forged.

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Hey man! We offer a few different wheels options over here at Lethal Performance, example, ForgeStar, Vossen, VMS, ForgeLine, and RaceStar. We are running the ForgeLine Beadlocks on our 202 GT500 and we love them! Vossen and ForgeStar would probably be your best bet if you are looking for some quality wheels! If you have any inquiries, feel free to give us a shout!
Sponsored