Sponsored

Brands with best resale value

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I'm looking for 19-20" black or matte wheels that will clear brembos. It seems I'm going to have to spend a decent amount of money to get the look I want. I want to be able to resale these rims in 5 years and get most of my money back. Any recommendations?
Sponsored

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
HRE, forgeline, fikse, bbs, work wheels to name a few. if you want resale value, you need to hit a wide market, in popular sizes, in a timeless style wheel, and most importantly, spend a fucking shit ton on them to begin with because used cheap wheels sell for dirt. IMHO you cant buy a wheel thats all brand new, new to market, or just popular now, because the demand will drop, and they will go out of style, or not stand up to the test of time(see jLine or iForged) for example, the hre 595r are an arm and a leg, but will resell for a good price because they are rare, and highly desirable

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HRE-595R-WH...ash=item25d337acb4:g:QBgAAOSwuLZY4zBh&vxp=mtr

other examples
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORK-EQUIP-...ash=item3d37cfa46a:g:75MAAOSw4CFY6XNq&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORGELINE-G...ash=item2352cc00e9:g:T38AAOSwnDZT8mOO&vxp=mtr

or just buy used wheels, save up front and not worry about the resale.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
I'm looking for 19-20" black or matte wheels that will clear brembos. It seems I'm going to have to spend a decent amount of money to get the look I want. I want to be able to resale these rims in 5 years and get most of my money back. Any recommendations?
High End brands that sell Forged Wheels will have a higher resale value. It also depends on condition, color, sizes etc.

OP
OP

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
How can I be sure the wheels I'm browsing will clear my brembos?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
nLet me ask you how much do you want to invest because that will classify how much your resale value will really be.

Forged wheels have a higher resale value then cast wheels for instance.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Ideally no more than $1,500-2,000 with tires
Selection for resale will not be very high to get all the investment back, possibly 30 to 50% tops

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
For that price you are looking at SVE's or something. Was actually going to say that might not be a bad choice anyways. How much can you lose when the wheels are that cheap in the first place?

If you buy a $2,000 set of wheels and recoup 75% after 5 years, you lose $500.

Buy a $800 set of wheels and even if you only get 50% back, you still lost less in the end.

Just things to think about. Might have to spend more to get a better percentage back but that means nothing if you still lose more dollars once it's all said and done.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Ideally no more than $1,500-2,000 with tires
its easy to spend $1000 on good tires alone. that leaves you at $125-250 per wheel. even if you get a dirt cheap tire, its going to run you $500 for the set installed, and then you have cheap tires, with $250-375 to spend per wheel. that leaves you with replica/cheap wheels with good tires, or decent wheels with shit tires, neither of which are going to hold value. like [MENTION=17955]chain[/MENTION] said, spend less up front or buy a set of used wheels, and consider them a wash.

i personally have 20x10.5 niche misanos that were around $1600 for the wheels and nitto nt555s, and that was my "low budget" choice because its my dd and my girl regularly drives my car. thats still a good chunk of money, but not in this industry with current quality wheel choices.

in your first post, you said it seems you are going to have to spend a lot to get the look you want, and you want good resale value. both of those statements dont line up with the budget you are now stating. guys drop $3500+ on wheels alone all the time, and those are the wheels that resell for good money, however you still lose your ass on them. i suggest you contact one of the forum sponsors on here (like [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] )and give them your budget, then look at your options. worry about resale when the time comes, and dont expect much.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Sound advice from [MENTION=19802]GuardGT[/MENTION]

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I also didn't want to spend a ton on tires and wheels. Ended up buying SVE's and wrapped them with MPSS's. I got a good tire which was my main concern and while a cheaper wheel, still looks good and pretty light. I am happy.

Just make sure whatever you do you get a wheel that makes you happy. Having something that makes you happy is a better return on investment than what you may see in your wallet. I guess that's why I am buying a Mustang. My bank account may not care for it, but I know it will make me smile. =)
Sponsored