MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Sync4 is not a software update. Sync3 systems will not be “upgradeable” to Sync4, just like you cannot upgrade an iPhone X to an iPhone 11 or a Galaxy S10 to an S20. There will likely be a Sync3 v4.0 eventually, but that’s a software revision of Sync3 and has nothing to do with Sync4.
Yeah, it's [most likely] a tightly coupled hardware + software specification. While the underlying hardware architecture might support Sync 4 at the general software layer, the design target might require 2GB for the OS, 2K display res minimum, etc., etc.
Sponsored

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Late 2020 models will be equipped with a high bandwidth satellite dish similir to those in use with the US Army.

upload_2020-3-2_16-32-14.jpeg

But the engineers are still working out the aerodynamics.

And if Sync is based on Windows CE like ATMs can I connect by Bluetooth to withdraw cash?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And if Sync is based on Windows CE like ATMs can I connect by Bluetooth to withdraw cash?
Given the utterly disgraceful 'security' in ATM and bank software in general, yes probably.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Given the utterly disgraceful 'security' in ATM and bank software in general, yes probably.
ATM software and networks are more secure than you think. And they don’t run on WinCE.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And they don’t run on WinCE.
they run Win98 instead. :)
Some purveyors of ATM have cleaned up their acts. Others, not so much. True, it being 2020 things are better than they were 10 years ago.

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Never realized a benefit of the base Sync, no antenna.

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
they run Win98 instead. :)
Some purveyors of ATM have cleaned up their acts. Others, not so much. True, it being 2020 things are better than they were 10 years ago.
They’re much better than that. The hardware and software are all modern. Some owners don’t care, and neglect their machines, or are too cheap to stay current. But that’s not the state of the industry at all. This is what my office looks like...

9ECFA472-C748-4F9E-B426-026E479E1357.jpeg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ha. My 88 LX 5.0 Speedo only went up to 85. The needle was buried most the time :)
Lol - that’s awesome. Think, your speedo was topped out in like an 1/8th mile. My favorite is having driven a fox or two with a bouncy speedometer.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Lol - that’s awesome. Think, your speedo was topped out in like an 1/8th mile. My favorite is having driven a fox or two with a bouncy speedometer.
ha! I forgot about the bouncy speedometers. My 91GT’s was like a pogo stick

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
My 80 280ZX speedo bounces below 20mph. Above that, needle remains steady. Guessing it's the speedo gear in the T5.

Sponsored

LinkRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
Did a pre delivery inspection on a 2020 cs yesterday , and Ford has gone to this for there communication antenna. What the hell are they thinking !
20200226_054426.jpg
20200226_054449.jpg
Howdy Folks,

I must say that I am surprised, this many replies and none of them mentioned what I am about to LOL. The "shark fin" antenna in the picture is an XM style satellite radio antenna. The smaller "waterdrop" antenna is the Sirius satellite radio antenna. When the two companies merged, the type of antenna and radio dictated "which" service they offered you. Car manufacturers that supported Sirius stuck with the "waterdrop" and the manufacturers that supported XM used the "shark fin." Ford was originally a Sirius company, so it is odd to see the XM antenna on this pic. FWIW, the only difference to the end-user is how the antenna looks, and the service level offered by SiriusXM (the combined company). Since you connect your vehicle to SiriusXM using your VIN, they (SiriusXM) handles which service you get automatically. It all comes out in the wash :-) Good luck!

Rich S.

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Folks,

I must say that I am surprised, this many replies and none of them mentioned what I am about to LOL. The "shark fin" antenna in the picture is an XM style satellite radio antenna. The smaller "waterdrop" antenna is the Sirius satellite radio antenna. When the two companies merged, the type of antenna and radio dictated "which" service they offered you. Car manufacturers that supported Sirius stuck with the "waterdrop" and the manufacturers that supported XM used the "shark fin." Ford was originally a Sirius company, so it is odd to see the XM antenna on this pic. FWIW, the only difference to the end-user is how the antenna looks, and the service level offered by SiriusXM (the combined company). Since you connect your vehicle to SiriusXM using your VIN, they (SiriusXM) handles which service you get automatically. It all comes out in the wash :-) Good luck!

Rich S.
It also houses the antenna for the gps and the primary antenna for the tcu . They needed to get a better antenna location for the tcu so Ford pass might work right . Also noted there are two additional cell antennas mounted in both rear quarters behind the bumper cover

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are those the assholes who keep sending me junk mail asking me to subscribe
Yes. But you should reserve your anger toward their pricing strategy. They open with $30/mo subscription even to those who had been subscribers for YEARS at $6/mo. When you flatly refuse, they'll counter with like $17. Keep telling them to do an anatomically impossible act and lo' and behold they offer to renew for around $5/mo. I've seen shameless behavior from the cable/ISP companies pulling similar nonsense, but when your product is extremely optional and has numerous terrestrial streaming competitors, and the profit is so bad you had to merge the scant 2 players into a combined company, what makes you think these kind of games are a good idea? I guess they land enough retards to make this strategy worth pursuing.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I spotted this GT on a local dealer's lot this morning.

It has a blend date of 02 18 20 on the window sticker.

That antenna looks horrible in person.
20200308_113231.jpg

OP
OP
fmc_smt

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I spotted this GT on a local dealer's lot this morning.

It has a blend date of 02 18 20 on the window sticker.

That antenna looks horrible in person.
20200308_113231.jpg
I agree .....it just fuc** up the lines .
Sponsored