A year of ownership with my first S550.
- I'm not a good of driver as I thought I was (launching and consistent shift points)
- I need better tires
- I can't have it all
- I hate working on things that I'm not confident about
- Automatics are now more appealing
- Having a major hobby puts everything else on the back burner (time and money)
- Owning my car has exceeded my expectations and shown me that there is always room for improvement
I waited too long to be back in a GT, thats what i learned. I had to get rid of my triple white, 87 vert 34 yrs ago, to buy a house and start a family. At that time i thought 300 or so hp and 3.55 gears was the shit. I cant stop smiling above 5000rpm now.
The build assembly and paint quality since 2015 is STILL hit or miss at 85%. Should be closer to 90-95%. Flat Rock has the most inconsistent/sloppy build quality of all the Ford plants I know of. Expeditions (for example) are built beautifully as are Broncos.
I also learned they probably get away with all this because the car is damn near perfect otherwise. But Hey...I'd pay an extra $500 to have better paint, panel and assembly quality control.