What has owning a mustang taught you?

MustangJason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Warrior #9
I learned (actually I knew this all a long) that the "need for speed" is not curable. Been driving sport cars most of my life. On my second Mustang now.
I'm not so sure. Lived in Germany for a few years, went as fast as physics allowed, and have slowed down a lot since. Then again, I may just be getting old.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Less is more and don't compromise. I did too much modding on my GT without a clear direction of what I wanted and I should have waited until I could get the 350.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lesson learned: No matter how "cool" your car is, if you're 72 years old, the chicks don't care. LOL!!!
I learned that Mustang attract more man than chicks so It's a gay car of the year for a reason.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Well, Ford has come a long way since my last one (1955). Mustangs have strong loyalty. They have some crazy drivers too, but not quite as bad as Camaro or Dodge. And finally, they can put a smile on your face as you row through the gears… Bruce

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I have learned never say you will leave this one stock.

Added:
Exhaust
Rims/tires
and the list goes on!

Are these words even in the dictionary?

stock, Exhaust, Rims/tires

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I learned that Mustang attract more man than chicks so It's a gay car of the year for a reason.
Unless you are a female driver of a Mustang.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
First love the OP's Twister Orange pics! Gee wonder why said MRTWSTR? Next I have only had mine since November, winter came, then tore my Achilles tendon (detached completely) then surgery and no driving, learned patience. My hope is to learn or relearn some basic automotive skills, I worked on cars a bit when there were no chips. Next I'll be learning how to drive the GT on a road course where you can properly and legally hit over 100mph. Updates in the late Fall, LOL.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Lesson learned: No matter how "cool" your car is, if you're 72 years old, the chicks don't care. LOL!!!
When you are over 50, you are invisible to anyone under the age of 30, regardless of the gender.

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
Well, coming over from a C7 Corvette A couple things stand out for me.
1) The availability of aftermarket mods is mind blowing. I have never seen so many choices for rear spoilers and front end splitters and grills. To keep A consistent theme going looks to be one helluva challenge.
2). The prices of comparable mods to the Vette are way cheaper with Mustangs. Things like side skirts, wheels, etc.
3) The folks on both forums are identical in enthusiasm and friendliness, sharing a strong love of cool cars, helping each other, and having fun.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Hi - Well, Ford has come a long way since my last one (1955). Mustangs have strong loyalty. They have some crazy drivers too, but not quite as bad as Camaro or Dodge. And finally, they can put a smile on your face as you row through the gears… Bruce
Uh, you have heard of the Mustangs leaving cars and coffee reputation, right? It's not Camaros that are infamous for losing control and crashing while leaving car meets...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Uh, you have heard of the Mustangs leaving cars and coffee reputation, right? It's not Camaros that are infamous for losing control and crashing while leaving car meets...

Is that not more about the poser, than the Mustang?

To many show-offs and that's ok cause it's funny as hell, and ends as it should.

It's always about the selfy, never underestimate vanity.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Well, I always loved Mustangs. It started with my Uncle's 64 1/2 and my dad's '65 and has gone on ever since. Between my brother, myself, my father and uncle, we've owned and 10 total, and currently own five. What my S550 has taught me is how a well engineered suspension and chassis can be on a $40,000 vehicle! With a few modes: wider wheels and tires, stiffer springs, camber plates, the handling is unreal, especially for car that weighs north of 3,700 pounds!

BedelFamilyPhoto jpg.jpg

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Relax, that was just a little tongue-in-cheek humor for us Mustangers. Yes, I seem to recall this parking lot doughnut faux pas. Fortunately or unfortunately, we don’t have cars and coffee in my area… Bruce
62CBF058-E704-4DA4-B9F5-052429DC512D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: