Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I spent a while figuring out what to do about my original broken key fob for my car. It was broken from falling off my counter too many times. And, I had Batteries Plus replace the batteries over the years and they didn't take care in opening it and putting it back together. There are tiny tabs inside that help hold the components in place. They were snapped off.

I decided to use the original guts from the broken one and buy a cheapo shell. So many reviews were saying poor quality and not worth it. But I found one with decent reviews for $20. It took a lot of finagling and trying to do it with one hand due to my disability, but I got it back together and it works. I bought another cover to hopefully help protect it. Now I have two working remotes.
1715789556338-7l.png
i have the same type of cover, pretty good fit i thought though it does it a faff if you need to get the key out to manually unlock the car when the fob batteries die .
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
After hitting a deformed Walmart curb with my splitter, bending my splitter, I decided it prudent to put a camera in front to prevent future costly repairs. (I was able to heat my splitter and form it back to the correct orientation thankfully, but next time it could be more expensive a fix).

Anyway, with a camera and a monitor from Amazon and a couple day's work, I installed a front bumper cam system for a lot less than a splitter.

Oh yes...and while the front end was off, I sanded off the closed-off sections of the honeycomb grille to optimize flow movement on both the high pressure side and the extractor side of the cooling system.

Anyway, pics follow:
Front Camera.jpg

Monitor in Folded position.
Dash Monitor Folded Down.jpg

Monitor in raised position.
Dash Monitor in Raised Position.jpg

I may leave a Mustang hat over it to minimize attention of passerbys and keep direct sunlight from heating up the case.
Dash Monitor with Mustang Hat protecting from Direct Sun.jpg
i really need to do something like this!

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
i really need to do something like this!
It required quite a bit of work. I knew that before starting the job, but knew the effort would be worth it, considering there would have been a lot of work later on if I were to encounter a hard curb strike. (With my splitter being lower than stock, my chances of such an encounter are at a higher than normal risk.)

As a side note...I originally planned to route camera wires to the L/S dash near to the OBDII for power, but thanks to @beefcake on this forum, I learned that the R/S offered a much better feed-through location by the R/footwell fuse panel.

I installed a micro2 fuse-tap in the #35 spare circuit (other model years I understand may be different) as it was already listed as having a 5 amp fuse, the maximum size I wanted.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
It required quite a bit of work. I knew that before starting the job, but knew the effort would be worth it, considering there would have been a lot of work later on if I were to encounter a hard curb strike. (With my splitter being lower than stock, my chances of such an encounter are at a higher than normal risk.)

As a side note...I originally planned to route camera wires to the L/S dash near to the OBDII for power, but thanks to @beefcake on this forum, I learned that the R/S offered a much better feed-through location by the R/footwell fuse panel.

I installed a micro2 fuse-tap in the #35 spare circuit (other model years I understand may be different) as it was already listed as having a 5 amp fuse, the maximum size I wanted.
many thanks for the info. I'd thought about putting a rov style camera at the front of the car for both drive footage and of course where is the kerb / wall / bumper parking moments but i've just got to get myself sorted to do it.

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Mind you, these wheels were 4 weeks old that day. American Muscle, cheap junk, but they were the closest match to my discontinued KMC's that I cracked 3 of over the last couple of years. 4 of the spokes on the drivers side were cracked at the barrel, and 3 on the passenger side.
I hate to be that guy but maybe a clone of a wheel that you had cracking issues with may also have cracking issues and you should move onto a different wheel. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I hate to be that guy but maybe a clone of a wheel that you had cracking issues with may also have cracking issues and you should move onto a different wheel. 🤷‍♂️
I did. It was a temporary move, but it still ended up being an immense safety hazard.

20240511_105405.jpg

20240511_105357.jpg

20240511_105340.jpg

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
i have the same type of cover, pretty good fit i thought though it does it a faff if you need to get the key out to manually unlock the car when the fob batteries die .
the cover can be taken off fairly easily if you need to change the batteries. That extra step/hassle is worth it to me to help protect the fob if it gets dropped.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nothing to my car today but have started composing an email that will be sent to my local representatives later today regarding proposed legislation that will mirror CA’s latest EPA regulations, including the banning of the sale of new gas powered cars starting in 2035 (thanks CA). Also posted this in the local IL-Chicago section.

https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1554636

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
After hitting a deformed Walmart curb with my splitter, bending my splitter, I decided it prudent to put a camera in front to prevent future costly repairs. (I was able to heat my splitter and form it back to the correct orientation thankfully, but next time it could be more expensive a fix).

Anyway, with a camera and a monitor from Amazon and a couple day's work, I installed a front bumper cam system for a lot less than a splitter.

Oh yes...and while the front end was off, I sanded off the closed-off sections of the honeycomb grille to optimize flow movement on both the high pressure side and the extractor side of the cooling system.

Anyway, pics follow:
Front Camera.jpg

Monitor in Folded position.
Dash Monitor Folded Down.jpg

Monitor in raised position.
Dash Monitor in Raised Position.jpg

I may leave a Mustang hat over it to minimize attention of passerbys and keep direct sunlight from heating up the case.
Dash Monitor with Mustang Hat protecting from Direct Sun.jpg
This deserves its own mod thread... with detailed files.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I saw this beauty at 5th Gear Autosports yesterday (I had them do a track day inspection and do a slight alignment modification for my 2-day event this weekend). It’s a Revology car that they were doing some warranty work on (something about the passenger door lock not operating correctly).

IMG_1914.jpeg

IMG_1915.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

IMG_1913.jpeg

IMG_1916.jpeg

Sponsored

RiotfunK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Binx
Vehicle(s)
22 mustang GT Premium PP1 Manual
I got it!! Thing is rad. Feel like mad max. Last of the V8s. God, I missed shifting myself. Is so good to be back in a manual. Got some great roads out here can’t wait. 401a, PP1, Active exhaust, mag ride, recaros. Installed my dash cams and radar detector today and now waiting on weighted knob, clutch spring/perch just came in. I’ll put it in eventually, really just want to drive it and get a good feel for it.
My mother taught me to drive stick and how to drag race, build cars and she past almost a year ago today. She had and raced mustangs and always told her we’d go cruising when I got one. Doing it in spirit. But feels good and she’d approve
IMG_8104.jpeg

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got it!! Thing is rad. Feel like mad max. Last of the V8s. God, I missed shifting myself. Is so good to be back in a manual. Got some great roads out here can’t wait. 401a, PP1, Active exhaust, mag ride, recaros. Installed my dash cams and radar detector today and now waiting on weighted knob, clutch spring/perch just came in. I’ll put it in eventually, really just want to drive it and get a good feel for it.
My mother taught me to drive stick and how to drag race, build cars and she past almost a year ago today. She had and raced mustangs and always told her we’d go cruising when I got one. Doing it in spirit. But feels good and she’d approve
IMG_8104.jpeg
Good for you, man. She's smiling down on you.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_8104.jpeg
Clean.. I love the color

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Won 1st place my class 2020 - 24 daily driven Mustang , I heard a guy say last year cars need to be spotless to win ,only won 3rd place last two years with a 2017 GT and this one. Spent five hours Friday repairing rock chips ,cleaned the engine bay then wiped and brushed it down with tire shine, scrubbed the fender wells and inside the rims I could reach. Took out everything from the trunk vacuumed along with interior and detailed. it I was also first time judge it was tough , lots of nice Fords from Model A's to GT 500's and many others . Show was put on by my club Rocket City Mustang Club Huntsville AL

Messenger_creation_ab562c0e-baf9-4ea5-88ef-0a55c1e81fcc trophy.jpg

20240511_085230  my car.jpg

20240511_085206  my eng.jpg

425995133_3772856533037115_3480160527060727089_n.jpg
Thanks everyone for the likes , will be a 64 year old kid this and really enjoy my Mustang .

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did the transmission fluid change. I went with the BG products Syncro Shift II after hearing/seeing many recommendations. I had 52k miles on the original fluid. You can definitely feel a difference.

20240517_091233.jpg

20240517_091221.jpg

20240517_091215.jpg

20240517_091152.jpg
Sponsored