What did you do to your Mach 1 today

PICASSO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Fighter Jet Grey
Well finally comfortable with the weather so I thought it would be a good day to get the PS4s mounted, didn’t go as planned. What’s wrong with this picture 🤦🏻‍♂️

F2EA53F9-94B6-4BD9-AD54-EE1C2C6320CD.jpeg

38CEF1B7-0C77-4CC4-B98C-564FC34DB8C9.jpeg
OMG!!!! I would have gone nuts!!!!!!
Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Installed dynamat on both doors, bottom inside section and all of the outside sections. Sounds much better and got rid of the door rattle. Was kind of pain though and inside the door frame is hella sharp!! My next rattle is the rear passenger panel and the R7 radar detector. Gosh why do I have to be so picky with interior noises.

Oh and I gave her a wash.

0F1E5974-D018-408A-BE5F-E55AFBCB60E6.jpeg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have a J&L OSC oil separator, passenger side. I do not use one on the driver's side.

Last week, I removed and inspected the oil separator canister. I was surprised to see small metal specks within. The canister itself had maybe a tablespoon / 14.7 cc of fluid inside, possibly more. Below are two photos.

The first photo was taken at 250 mi / 402 km. I didn't notice it at the time, but there are small metal specks of material present then.

The second photo was taken at 1172 mi / 1886 km. The canister has been rattled to distribute the material, to give me an idea of amount seen. There appears to have been an increase since the first reading.

I have not measured the amount of metal material collected, but will do so at first oil change.

Studying other threads on different forums, these specks seem to be somewhat common. The vehicle make, model or engine does not matter. Many owners see these materials consistently, in varying amounts. No owner has reported engine problems. For the drivers which have performed oil analysis and reported back, they have gotten good tests.

There are two ideas as to what these metal particles are: 1) break-in material from the engine and/or 2) material from the separator itself.

I expect break-in material to be seen, especially in the first oil change (as soon as this month). The engine is new, I have a MT and I do often use rev matching. An MT and rev matching would produce many more changes in vacuum (more "sucking" events) through the PCV. The specks are small. What's interesting to me is the particles are very uniform in size.

I did not study the separator mechanism itself before installing. I remember there was a very fine mesh screen in the upper section I briefly touched and then left alone. Some say the specks are simply from this screen and "brillo pad" like material used within. Part of the manufacturing process, the harmonics of the engine rattling the can, etc.

Other tells? Zero. Performance, oil levels, engine temps, sounds, gas mileage, etc., are all same. The car has been flawless since taking receipt.

When checking oil (engine hot, level ground, sitting 10 mins), it's full. Right at the top of the "X" marks. The oil is so clear I often have to hold the dipstick in the light, moving it, to see where the oil is.

Concerns? None. Until I witness any tells of a problem, I'm not doing anything other than routine maintenance, taking readings, etc.

If I do find anything negative, or gain more insight, I'll report back. I will continue to take photos and readings.

skye oil sep 0250 mi.jpg

skye oil sep 1172 mi.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I read it before, but do you have the link to your rivet nut post?
I didn't have an elaborate post since I went off someone elses"

" Put M5 rivet nuts and M5 12mm button head screws on my splitter today. Had a couple pop out and one hole was drilled too large for one so I just put a plastic rivet in its place."

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have an elaborate post since I went off someone elses"

" Put M5 rivet nuts and M5 12mm button head screws on my splitter today. Had a couple pop out and one hole was drilled too large for one so I just put a plastic rivet in its place."
Just as a heads up for anyone else reading this, if I was using rivnuts in plastic I would put stainless washers on the back of them.

Here is something I posted when I used M5 rivnuts for another project :

"2 x M6 stainless steel repair washers. Drill the holes out to 8mm to suit the outer diameter of the M5 rivnut. Don’t get M8 washers - the hole is larger than 8mm and it won’t be a snug fit on the rivnut which isn’t ideal"

WD :like:

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Had 70% cermaic windshield tint installed to battle Texas sun.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Back from dealer where they removed a nail from right rear tire. 2nd flat in 6 months after drywall screw removed from left rear. Glad I got the spare tire and jack. 3rd oil change at 5180 miles. Have to return to research strange popping from right rear of car??? Also trans temp now rising to 200 degrees?? Hooking up Forscan, for the first time, to disable factory EQ after 8 speaker upgrade and disable of center speaker. Might have to open up holes in the rear deck (or install grills) if I cant get more sound out of the rear coaxials. Will go after double honk while exiting with the key in pocket.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Functional grill vents, front gloss black hole pattern with FJG color in background. And custom fuel door.

IMG_20230410_150247~2.jpg
did you create the vents or pruchase someplace? Need these myself

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Would also like to know about grills. Looks easier than lamps.

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are you resetting the Oil Life Monitor after the oil change? Regardless how you drive the car (or if not at all), it should count down 1.92% each week and expire at one year.

Along with referencing the Oil Life Monitor, the Owner's Manual provides general guidelines for when to change the oil, in instances where the Monitor is not working, or if operating in extreme environments (towing, racing, etc.).

Checked that the dealer did reset the oil life monitor. Owners manual does say replace after one year regardless of mileage.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Installed some 5 Spurs radio dial rings, headlight ring, and toggle switches. Also did Forgitec steering wheel CF trim and Beith CF paddle shifters. Did the Trufiber radio bezel a while back. Also did the Forgitec door trim items, and Trufiber window switch bezels recently. Pretty happy with all of it. Interior looks better to me.

EF39C60D-4817-4C77-AD05-3587951015DE.jpeg

EC24B040-8C9C-45CC-A17F-50224B93E83B.jpeg

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I finally got around to installing the Steeda clutch spring.

I was a little on the fence because the factory spring didn't bother me as much in this car as it did in the 17 GT I had prior.
Sponsored