Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
After a day I think it's mostly fixed but when cold in the morning, I think I heard and felt a bit at 55mph-60mph. Very slight. Would have never noticed it if I did not have the original horrible issue. Still I think it's as good as it's going to get, not going to nick the dealer's survey over all their hard work, they really cared and tried and succedded in my view. I still got a warranty, we'll see where we are at next service interval. But now my opinion is this.. . ALL S550's have this flaw, just most are so minute they don't notice. It's a total defective design. It can't be fixed. It can be minimized, but something is rotten with the S550. On the way home from work today, Felt great. A couple times I heard a faint growl at 55. Something is still there, but I don't beleive it can get better than this, and I think ANY S550 I drive will have this. I might go test drive a GT to see what I feel. But at this point, it's good enough. It's gonna have to be, but I can't recommend this car to anyone, and I hope no damage has happened to my transmission. I can't see owning this thing out of warranty, and that's just sad, just too poorly built. But I'm just glad to finally be able to relax a bit while driving. I didn't go looking for it. The little vibes found me this morning. But were so slight in the afternoon. Too bad we can't get a sticky for new buyers to reject ANY vibrations in a new one. The board masters won't do that, it will hurt the brand, but I think they are ALL defective. But mine is night and day from where it was before....

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
How long did they have your car?
I have the details, just not in front of me. Half of the time they had the car it was waiting on responses from Ford or parts from Ford. And I would say a week was me pushing back to them as I did not accept the standard "Ford says it is normal" portion of the adventure. Not the dealerships fault.

If I was to grab a number out of the air, an easy six weeks all together.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
After a day I think it's mostly fixed but when cold in the morning, I think I heard and felt a bit at 55mph-60mph. Very slight. Would have never noticed it if I did not have the original horrible issue. Still I think it's as good as it's going to get, not going to nick the dealer's survey over all their hard work, they really cared and tried and succedded in my view. I still got a warranty, we'll see where we are at next service interval. But now my opinion is this.. . ALL S550's have this flaw, just most are so minute they don't notice. It's a total defective design. It can't be fixed. It can be minimized, but something is rotten with the S550. On the way home from work today, Felt great. A couple times I heard a faint growl at 55. Something is still there, but I don't beleive it can get better than this, and I think ANY S550 I drive will have this. I might go test drive a GT to see what I feel. But at this point, it's good enough. It's gonna have to be, but I can't recommend this car to anyone, and I hope no damage has happened to my transmission. I can't see owning this thing out of warranty, and that's just sad, just too poorly built. But I'm just glad to finally be able to relax a bit while driving. I didn't go looking for it. The little vibes found me this morning. But were so slight in the afternoon. Too bad we can't get a sticky for new buyers to reject ANY vibrations in a new one. The board masters won't do that, it will hurt the brand, but I think they are ALL defective. But mine is night and day from where it was before....
Yes, I think they do all have it to some degree. The FSE who worked on my car basically said so- he said both of his company GT's had it- one worse than the other. My car is pretty good now but I'm also pretty nervous about this car going forward.
I would not assume that vibration you feel in the morning is DL. It is probably tires/road. The Eagles or Pirelli tires are pretty noisy. My car is like this- it likes warmed up tires and correct tire pressures. I'd drive it on a bunch of different types of roads and see if it changes any.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
alright so my car was there for 4 days and they did nothing. This time I dropped it off Monday for the vibration and an engine knock. No word from the dealer. I called jsut now they said they were going to take a driveshaft from another on the lot next week some time and put it in my car to see if it fixes it. I asked about the knock and they have not even started looking at it. Monday will be 11 days out of service since I bought it August 16th. [MENTION=7992]FordService[/MENTION] please PM me so I can have you open a case for documentation in case I have to lemon this car.

Sponsored

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
I believe you guys are suffering from PTSD, most understandably, but to say that all S550 Mustangs suffer from abnormal road vibration no matter how minute is incorrect. My car is absolutely smooth at any speed. Not one problem, although only summer driven, rural, and only 11K miles in 2 years.

This vibration issue is right up there with really who killed JFK and after reading this entire thread I would not do a custom order again.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
You're right about the PTSD part. I try not to think about it, but I am willing to bet, let me ride in a smooth one and I'll find it... If it was so hard to fix, it may be a systemic problem. We're all Mustang and Ford fans here. Trying to help each other, and FORD, out.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
If it was so hard to fix, it may be a systemic problem

Ford has a very long history of not fixing "systemic problems" for many years after first developing.

302 piston slap
4.6 intake manifold
spark plugs either flying out or seizing
Navistar diesels
SYNC

all of the above took ages to acknowledge, sync being the recent case study. Generally, Ford just moves on when the vehicle undergoes a redesign. I doubt the issue will ever be nailed down.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I purchased my GT two months ago. I was getting a vibration just as everyone has described here. I took it to my dealership and they first tried to balance the wheels. Then I brought it back after a few weeks and the manager said they would change the driveshaft. I just got my car back and the vibration is gone. I'm so glad they were able to fix it after the stories I have heard from some of the people on the thread.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
Blaster, intake gaskets were an issue on several more engines. The old 3.8. Then my 4.2L in my F-150. Sure it lasted to 130K miles, but that motor was perfect! Synthetic oil since day one then BLAM! No more engine. So they didn't learn a lesson from it. And after many years I stayed away from Ford and then forgave for such a brilliant design. I mean, what else would I want for this price range (V6)? Not all Fords are like this, I know many that are wonderful cars, and that truck of mine is still running strong with 200K with a family member of mine on the Ford reman engine. I would want it back but it eats too much gas!

Sponsored

Caltec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt DHG K4551 Electronic Pkg. Mag Ride
Took the car to a dealer that has an analyzer and left the car for two weeks. They replaced the rear end and gave the car back. The vibration was gone and I only felt a small vibration coming on when the car is up over 65 mph. I now have a large vibration that comes on as the car slows down from 70+ mph to about 65 mph. I am at a crossroad with what to do, put up with the vibration, take it in again or lemon law it. It has already had the road force balance, new driveshaft, driveshaft reindexing and a new differential. Any advice would be welcome, I do not need a lot of stress dealing with this problem.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Took the car to a dealer that has an analyzer and left the car for two weeks. They replaced the rear end and gave the car back. The vibration was gone and I only felt a small vibration coming on when the car is up over 65 mph. I now have a large vibration that comes on as the car slows down from 70+ mph to about 65 mph. I am at a crossroad with what to do, put up with the vibration, take it in again or lemon law it. It has already had the road force balance, new driveshaft, driveshaft reindexing and a new differential. Any advice would be welcome, I do not need a lot of stress dealing with this problem.
My car also had a power off vibration- coasting, cresting a hill, etc. The Steeda subframe braces pretty much eliminated it. I'm guessing it is due to movement of the subframe and/or diff.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
My car also had a power off vibration- coasting, cresting a hill, etc. The Steeda subframe braces pretty much eliminated it. I'm guessing it is due to movement of the subframe and/or diff.
I am assuming these are the rear IRS braces you have?