Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Well, I spoke with the Service Manager today and he told me that they've exhausted their options as far as what they're capable of doing and testing. The vibration analyzer is showing a Type No. 1 Drivetrain (I think that's what he called it) vibration issue. A Ford Regional Field Service Engineer is coming out Monday or Tuesday to inspect the problem and to see what he can do to resolve it. I have my fingers crossed that he'll know what to do or will be able to figure something out.
Sponsored

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Thanks for the update Juben I have the same problem and have not been to the dealer yet and very interested in what they find with your car. Love my car but hate the vibration so PLEASE keep us posted. Thanks,Bill

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the update Juben I have the same problem and have not been to the dealer yet and very interested in what they find with your car. Love my car but hate the vibration so PLEASE keep us posted. Thanks,Bill
No problem, Bill. I'll keep you updated. I just hope it doesn't take forever. I've barely gotten to drive it.

Guard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
No problem, Bill. I'll keep you updated. I just hope it doesn't take forever. I've barely gotten to drive it.
Let us know... :headbang:

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang 051A 3.7, 13 Edge 3.5, 13 F-150 5.0,
Juben....Thanks for the update. I just drove mine on a 300 plus mile trip and felt it all the time while running 50 to 70. Averaged 30 mpg. New driveshaft from DSS should be here this week. Talked to three area dealer service departments about it....they did not have a clue....two of them have not sold a Mustang yet. First going to take front wheels in to balance this week on best balancer can find just to satisfy that part as there is this slight shake to steering wheel as well as the constant rumble.

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Juben....Thanks for the update. I just drove mine on a 300 plus mile trip and felt it all the time while running 50 to 70. Averaged 30 mpg. New driveshaft from DSS should be here this week. Talked to three area dealer service departments about it....they did not have a clue....two of them have not sold a Mustang yet. First going to take front wheels in to balance this week on best balancer can find just to satisfy that part as there is this slight shake to steering wheel as well as the constant rumble.
No problem. I too was getting the faint shaking in the steering wheel. So far, everything has been tried that both the dealership and I could think of. The tire shop that mounted and balanced my new tires even had a new machine, lol. All of our efforts until this point have been completely futile.

COBRA32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE KONA BLUE
I have the same problem on my Kona Blue 50 LE its starts at 49 and you can really start to feel it in the steering wheel at 51, then goes to about 63 which then, it turns into a low rumble and the rearview mirror starts to vibrate at 70 up so bad you cannot see anything in the mirror until you hold the rearview mirror with your hand. had the tires balanced it did nothing to fix it. Not to mention the leather is also showing signs of wear with only 4500 miles on it. I have been buying a new Shelby ever year and that's since 2007. But the Shelby was not available this year so I went with a Kona blue GT 50 LE since the dealer sold it for sticker. This car has allot of creaks in the interior and the body panels where out of alignment and the Shelby did not have any of these issues. Wish I had my 2014 Shelby back miss the power. Ordering a GT350 when the order blanks open up dealer is giving me the first allocation. But I am not sure on that so disappointed in interior trim quality, it looks better than my 2014's interior and is more comfortable then the 2014 but every trim pieces you touch creaks something the 2014 did not do. What's crazy is my 2003 Cobra that had a IRS had a vibration problems also and so here again another IRS Mustang in 2015 it has a vibration problem too. It took a driveshaft to fix my 2003 so Ford has really has came a long way haven't they with the IRS. Love the cars look inside and out ,the car feels solid its just the quality was not job one on my car.

Last edited:

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
My dealer has roadforce balanced my tires and also put on a new set of PZeros without making any difference at all. They are keeping it overnight to see if they can figure this thing out, but I dont have much hope that this is going to get resolved. I keep telling myself that it is just 1st year bugs that will get worked out, but it does not sound like Ford has really been able to nail down the root cause of this yet. I really do like driving this car, but I do not like problem cars and have taken losses on cars before that I thought were going to be more trouble than they were worth.

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1st Ford.....My driveshaft arrived and looks great but I want to try the balance of front wheels and have Ford look it over before I install in case of warranty issues. Then can install DS and see if it really does solve the vibration issue with dealer validating it all. Cold, wet and muddy weather up here so not taking Mustang out right now for few days...will have to be patient.

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good potential news today in that they ordered me a new drive shaft that should be in next week. My fear is that it will fix it for a short period of time and them come right back since they seem to be struggling with root cause at this time. Old Ford Guy, I am very curious how the single piece does and if it is permanent fix for this very annoying issue.

Sponsored

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1stFord....I did take the front wheels off today and brought them to dealer with latest balancing equipment! Nothing wrong with them! So they are back on the vehicle and up on the hoist and with rainy weather here will probably proceed to install the new shaft without taking it to a dealer for additional checks. Don't know what they would do with it anyway? Basic problem around here is no dealer has experience with the new Mustangs and little with the older ones. What did that gal from Ford service have to say to your dealer or you??

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't talk with the rep when she tried to call, but it was right after that call that I got the notice from the dealer that they ordered the driveshaft. My dealership is also pretty new on these cars, but they are trying to do right by for the time being. On a positive note, my loaner this time was a 2015 F150 3.5l ecoboost. Super nice truck.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I contacted the dealership today because I hadn't heard from them since last Friday. The SM told me that the FSE made it to the dealership today, drove my car, and heard/felt the rumbling, vibration noise. He said that the FSE drove to another local'ish (1.5 hours away) dealership because they are the closest one with another EBM to test drive it and see if it was producing the same noises and vibrations.

In regards to any findings or thoughts on the problem, the FSE had been in contact with two other engineers, one from Dearborn and one from California. The engineer from California purposed that the differential needed to be replaced while the engineer from Michigan proposed that the pinion angle was wrong and needed to be adjusted. From what I understood, the engineer from California had seen this problem first hand and resolved it with replacing the differential. However, at this time, the SM said that he didn't know what the course of action was going to be.

He said that they're actually trying to resolve the problem at the root and not just throw parts at it hoping that something would work. Overall, I'm glad to hear that they at least have some ideas being kicked around as how to fix it.

Now, the sucky part is that I probably still won't be getting my car back for who knows when. The dealership was kind enough to provide me with a loaner, but the weather has actually been staying really nice and I want to drive my car now. :( Between this and the blown tire issues my car has been at the dealership a total of 26 days since I purchased it at the end of January. No bueno.

Last edited:

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Justin: Very interesting! I began installing my new DSS driveshaft Thursday and ran into a problem when the specified shaft was too short. I immediately contacted Lee at DSS who was very concerned and accommodating. I took measurements from the trans flange to the diff flange and came up with 54.62 inches. Definitely longer distance then the information given DSS by supposed Ford reps who said the V6 & V8 auto distances were the same. So the correct length DS will be on its UPS way come Monday. So we wait for the DS test and hope that solves the issue or of course it may not! With the kind of buzzing noise and the vibration definitely from the front I have also been considering the electronic steering. Maybe??

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Thanks for the updates Juben,Old Ford Guy and 1st Ford, I really appreciate them.I have been driving my car a lot since the weather changed. Definitely have a vibration/rumble that starts at 55 and gets worse at 60-65 ,feels like the drive shaft? Not looking forward to the dealer trip. Would love to have an idea of what the problem is before I go. So please keep posting. Thanks,Bill
Sponsored