Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
The car was supposed to get fixed today, but when I called yesterday to confirm that the parts had arrived and that I'd need to drop it off this morning, I was advised that the mechanic doing the work will be off until this Thursday or Friday.
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The car was supposed to get fixed today, but when I called yesterday to confirm that the parts had arrived and that I'd need to drop it off this morning, I was advised that the mechanic doing the work will be off until this Thursday or Friday.
Hey Juben,

I'm here to help. Send a PM with your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll see how I can assist in getting the concern resolved. :) I want to see that this is addressed in a timely manner.

Jeff :ford:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm glad I was the only one having this issue. I think theres a serious problem with that engine. They balanced the s**t out of my car and werent able to get rid of the car vibration.
Hey Guio,

Are you getting all of your concerns addressed? I see your case is still open with the CSM; I just wanted to check in with you. :)

Jeff

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Thank you for your concern, but my car was in a 4 car accident (caused by another driver) and my car might be a total loss (still waiting). No one was injured thankfully and I can assure you that 5 star crash rating of the 2015 Mustang is very accurate ;)
Glad to hear no one was hurt! When was the accident and how did it happen? I'm guessing you feel it could not have happened to a 'better' Mustang! LOL

I hope the insurance claim etc works out OK for you. Proably too soon to tell, but what is your sense right now about a replacement car if you do hear it is totaled? :shrug: Mustang :shrug: ;)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thank you for your concern, but my car was in a 4 car accident (caused by another driver) and my car might be a total loss (still waiting). No one was injured thankfully and I can assure you that 5 star crash rating of the 2015 Mustang is very accurate ;)
I'm glad to see that you're ok, Guio! I'll update your case notes to let the CSM know. Let me know if you do need further assistance from me.
Jeff

Sponsored

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Vibration at 50 to 70

I was experiencing this and took my 2015 GT 6 spd. to my dealer. The technician agreed the problem was the driveshaft. 2 days later, with a new shaft installed the car is very smooth.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Mine had the driveshafts replaced yesterday and it's still doing it. [emoji35] Although now, it seems to be a constant noise that isn't somewhat modulated by throttle.

You can hear it come in around 50 mph and it'll continue to get more noticeable as speed increases. I'm gonna call them next week and get an alignment and tire balancing.

Right now, I'm almost afraid to drive it. It was supposed to have been mid-60s today and yesterday, but it decided to snow yesterday and is only 46° today. Pirelli says not to drive the PP cars (tires) in temps below 45° and I really don't need to wait another 11 days if I blew another one out.

I can be patient with most things, but at this point, I've had it parked or at the dealership more than I've driven it. I feel like I'm paying for a car for the dealership techs to learn about the EBM on, and I'm totally not happy about it.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Mine had the driveshafts replaced yesterday and it's still doing it. [emoji35] Although now, it seems to be a constant noise that isn't somewhat modulated by throttle.

You can hear it come in around 50 mph and it'll continue to get more noticeable as speed increases. I'm gonna call them next week and get an alignment and tire balancing.

Right now, I'm almost afraid to drive it. It was supposed to have been mid-60s today and yesterday, but it decided to snow yesterday and is only 46° today. Pirelli says not to drive the PP cars (tires) in temps below 45° and I really don't need to wait another 11 days if I blew another one out.

I can be patient with most things, but at this point, I've had it parked or at the dealership more than I've driven it. I feel like I'm paying for a car for the dealership techs to learn about the EBM on, and I'm totally not happy about it.
I share your aggravation! My noise returned after a while, but it seems unlikely to me that a driveshaft can get "unbalanced" (but I could be wrong), so it may be something different this time. They balanced my wheels multiple times with no improvement, so that is probably not the issue (at least with my car).

I don't mind being a beta tester, but it would be nice if I didn't have to pay for the privilege once a month!!! :frusty:

More and more, I can't help wondering if Ford rushed this car to market just to hit the "50th anniversary". if they did, it will come back to bite them in the butt, bigtime.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly what my car has. They balanced my tired and it did nothing to fix the problem. It doesn't feel like a drive shaft issue either, and I describe it as a "High-Frequency" vibration.
I'm gonna try to let them fix it a couple more times and then Ford can give me a new one. I can even enjoy the damn thing. Sorry, it's just the more I think about it the madder I get. If I'm gonna be a beta tester, I want to get paid for it.

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang 051A 3.7, 13 Edge 3.5, 13 F-150 5.0,
I have the same buzzing or rumble strip type vibration...it would appear it is coming from the hanger bearing...maybe it will break in as only 400 miles yet??

Sponsored

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Quick update: I spoke with the dealership and the SA said that the tech heard the noise, but that Ford told him it was the tires. The driveshafts have been replaced and everything looks good, but Ford said that the tires were known to be loud and exhibit these characteristics. I did a little digging on the internet and came across this thread:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru.../329326-2012-gt-pirelli-pzero-tire-noise.html

That now describes my problem very accurately. I ordered a new set of tires, so I'll update this again towards the weekend and let everyone know if the problem is fully resolved.

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hanger Bearing

Mine has the OEM Good Year Eagles and I doubt it is the tires. With cold and snow up here in MN don't wish to drive it around to check out more closely. Have experience with trucks and hanger bearings and the way this Mustang has hanger attached to tunnel area any bearing roughness or slop will be transmitted to the interior cabin. Bearings these days are less than precise...often need replacing out of the box. Time will tell!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Mine has the Hankooks and still does it. :-(

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Hi Old Ford guy same problem here ,Goodyear tires,I think its the drive shaft or that bearing. I have 400 miles on mine and live in upstate NY . May start driving it next week,please keep us posted and I will do the same.

Last edited:

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vibration

10-4 will do. I might just order a new custom shaft as I know dealers do not like messing with this sort of thing and one spends far too much time running back and forth anyway. Dealers around here have NO experience with Mustangs and don't like them or to be bothered with these type issues. That is why bought the car several hundred miles away. If major problem like trans or engine then they like that as they get paid well by Ford but these type issues are pure disgust. Plus the new shaft has other major benefits all around!
Sponsored