UPR or Bob's Oil Catch Can

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I tried Bobs on my GT and it wouldnt fit. They said i had and incorrect bracket so i sent mine back on my dime and they sent me one that wasnt finished and fit worse. I spent a lot of time, money, and machine work to try to get it to fit. It never did and the spots it came close to fitting would of blocked draining. If i went any further it would of changed everything so much i wouldnt be able to resell it so i cut my losses there.

Bobs was a great quality piece but how they disregarded me and the bad qc it will be a long time until i go back.

Im using upr now but it hasnt been long enough to truely rate it. I skipped jlt because i feel it is only a cosmetic piece
Sorry to hear...... My Bobs catch can fit with minimal adjustment in my 350. I think they are great, been using now for over a year.
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
UPR WITH CHECK VALVE AND PCV DELETE

From mounting bracket, adj any angle, hand knob, quick connect fittings, drain plug, large capacity. Drivers side drain back can and hose.

Very good can design and quality, got it in 3 days. I like where mounts. Way better quality than FP. looks high tech industria

video of driver side can install [ame]

Last edited:

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can someone kindly tell me the part I need to buy from Ford if I dont want to mess with my stock parts to make bob's can work?

Also couldnt find any installation instructions anywhere, where can i find that?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
So for the UPR can, you still need to remove the can to drain it. So I'm good with the FRP.

Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
I like the juggernaut power ones, big reservoir on passenger side , so less frequent need to empty and great hoses, just a pain to figure out which bolt to remove to install, once that was figured out a real breeze
Catch can sold on that website are UPR

Mastervic27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, F80 M3, Ariel Atom SRA, AP1 S2K, NA Miata
Installed the UPR last night. Pretty easy straight forward install. Instead of 10 mm socket use a 13mm and to remove the screws use 7/32 socket.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The difference though you are removing 4 screws vs 2 quick connects.
Well according to the instructions you can actually pour it out of the lower or right hand connection. The emptying of the can will not be a big deal for me, just want it do what it does, and the price was there for me.

Flat Rock Flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well I will put my two cents. I recently and I mean recently installed Ford's FRP can. I looked at bob's (249) and I looked at UPR's (350) ? and decided that though they were both nice, its still a oil catch can. I actually did a write up called Ford's FRP can up close.
Its a very well made, has a large thick screen and though emptying may not be as easy as the others, it went on easily, no cutting hoses, and as others have said, looks like it should have came with the car.

In the end, I think all of the cans work well. The FRP ran me 137 from Autonation Ford WhiteBear Lake...my old link said it use to be Tousley Ford depot parts..but at any rate I like it on my car.
Picked up a passenger side FRP unit from Autonation Ford for $137 as well...everywhere else I looked either local or online was $179+. Good deal on this, thanks for the heads-up.

Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
here's what we need to settle which can removes most volatility contaminants. Since most are using motocraft 5w-50. We collect our samples and send them off to blackstone lab verify what is in there.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Also i m a bi worried about reading these "minimal adjustment" comments. Look at what happened to this guy:http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83748&highlight=Bob's+catch

Can you guys confirm we dont have this issue anymore?

Also how do you drain this can? A picture in that thread has a very small plastic tube running from the bottom?
Mine rubs on my hood, you have to reuse the stock fittings, and you have to cut to length after you figure out what length works, I don't know which removes more stuff but I think bobs is over priced

TheDeadCow

Just some guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hot Rod
Vehicle Showcase
I was interested in the Bob's until they increased the price by $100...

Seems like the UPR is the better design for the engine anyway.
Sponsored