torque124

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Those one will ruin a regular GT350 splitter also.... it will hit bang on.
Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Those one will ruin a regular GT350 splitter also.... it will hit bang on.
Those will even ruin the splitters on the PP2.

With any low car, caution is always the plan when parking.
A923A86D-B5E0-42D0-8200-8C2852580F16.jpeg

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
Congrats! Pics when you get a chance. I bought my 18 R back in Oct. 1 hour into ownership, splitter scrape. Yesterday, splitter scrape. Lol. All from my driveway on the initial incline. Getting to the point where it's rare now tho. Practice helps.
Consider yourself lucky to make it one hour. I made it 2 minutes before scrapping the splitter. Haha

I had to buy race ramps to get into my drive way, and my driveway is not even steep!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Those will even ruin the splitters on the PP2.

With any low car, caution is always the plan when parking.
yes, my point though is that neither the PP2 nor the non-R splitters "stick out" as far as the R, so it's deceiving and you'll ruin the splitter easier/earlier than one might think.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
@torque124 I'm about an hour below Boston if you want to go for a drive in my R just to get a feel. I'm due for new tires so you wouldn't be able to push it but at least you could see how the car feels compared to a standard GT350. Just PM me.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thank you! It is indeed amazing. Iā€™m looking forward to getting on the track with it.

I did indeed get it in California, a few weeks ago. Dumb luck - happened to be in the right place at the right time. Dealer was stoked too, since they had the car sold before it was removed from the train.
Santa Cruz huh, me as 2, well kind of up in BC. Congrats on the car! I had a 16 tech and upgraded to the R, well worth it, just wish they had Kona or DIB for 2017 but oh well. I got my from CA as well, ordered it from the dealer at MSRP did the wait for it and still don't regret it. Hope to see you around SC.

Oh yeah, the splitter scrapes everywhere

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
i'm pretty surprised to hear of anyone getting their R in CA for sticker. i know morgan hill (san jose) does not mark up their cars, but they have wait lists because of that. otherwise you guys did well. congrats.
That is where I got mine and traded my 16 into. It helped I was friends with the sales guy and bought 3 cars from him.

sum1

Sum1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 LS, 2013 GT500, 2015 Hellcat, 2019 GT350R, 2020 GT500 CFTP
When I bought my ā€˜16, I followed the advice on the forums to have the dealerships leave the splitter off and put it on myself which was wise. I followed that strategy again and at least made it home before my first scratch.

Awesome to know thereā€™s at least one other in SC. I have seen a few GT350s, but cant recall seeing an R. If you ride bikes on the track as well, Iā€™m sure our paths have crossed at some point.

Sponsored

VoodooPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold 2011 GT, Sold 2016 GT 350, 2018 GT 350R JR034
I traded in my 2016 Base GT 350 and upgraded to a 2018 R. My 2016 Base did not have the coolers or magneride so I gained those features as well. Iā€™m very happy with my decision. The one thing Iā€™m not a big fan of are the cup 2 tires because they pick up a lot of rocks and throw on the car. Iā€™d definitely recommend some kind of clear paint protection in front of the rear wheels or that area will chip up fast. The other tires are much more street friendly. The cup 2s will be great for the track though. The suspension is fine on the street in normal or sport mode. Normal really soaks up bumps well. The car does tram more than my other GT350. I do not have the front splitter on yet so I canā€™t comment on that. I could not settle for the 2020 GT500 because a manual was not offered.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When I bought my ā€˜16, I followed the advice on the forums to have the dealerships leave the splitter off and put it on myself which was wise. I followed that strategy again and at least made it home before my first scratch.

Awesome to know thereā€™s at least one other in SC. I have seen a few GT350s, but cant recall seeing an R. If you ride bikes on the track as well, Iā€™m sure our paths have crossed at some point.
They probably have, I raced AFM for 8 years back in the day. Car is pretty amazing on the track, I still like my bike better but that's probably because it cost about as much as 1 cf rim, lol.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you plan to keep it fairly stock then yes. If you plan to heavily modify it, itā€™s a waste imo.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m coming from a 2015 Z/28 that I loved but as a daily it was just too rough. The 2019 GT350 checked all the boxes. If you want more of a track car then the choice is easy. Buy a dedicated track car. If you want to have a car you can live with get the 2019 GT350.

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
FYI, if you're new with the R and its splitter, that thing sticks out enough where it's deceiving. For example, those parking stop blocks at Lowes or shopping centers where the bumper of most cars just parks "over", you will ruin your splitter with it. You've got to really move up super slow, stop, get out and check, then move up more. talking about these things...

parkingblocks.jpg
Thereā€™s a device you can buy on America Muscle or CJ Pony for $160 that transmits an audible warning as your approach a barrier. It can be mounted ABOVE your splitter, in the lower grill, for example and will save you possibly $$$ over time.
Sponsored