2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I went with a Sparco QRT-C with their 6 point harnesses and a Watson 4 point cage.

DSC09597.jpg

At first I was obsessed with weight savings so I only have 1 seat ATM and took everything non-essential out of the car. Still toying with the thought of HVAC removal. I'll get another seat in the off-season though.

My brother in law went with an OMP set up and I have to say its pretty legit. The Champ and RS-PT seats in his Fox-body are great.

IMG_0710.jpg

In regards to the wiring harness and 2.2 ohm resistor, Your airbags will still deploy as long as you keep all the all of the harnesses, bladders and accelerometers in the car. There have been a few people that have race seats and their bags fired off in an impact. I made a tutorial about the install of race seat and 2.2 Ohm resistor if anyone is interested in doing that down the road.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Do you know if that works for 18+ cars as well ?
I don't see why it shouldn't. it's important to retain all the other elements if you want to properly address the airbag light on the IP. The Passenger bladder, Seat position sensors and airbag harnesses. It's all in the video.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I have a Corbeau A4 with a Schrott 6pts harness
Did the resistor trick for the airbag
My car is mostly a track car
No ways to drive well on a road course without a good seat and harness

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I went with a Sparco QRT-C with their 6 point harnesses and a Watson 4 point cage.

DSC09597.jpg

At first I was obsessed with weight savings so I only have 1 seat ATM and took everything non-essential out of the car. Still toying with the thought of HVAC removal. I'll get another seat in the off-season though.

My brother in law went with an OMP set up and I have to say its pretty legit. The Champ and RS-PT seats in his Fox-body are great.

IMG_0710.jpg

In regards to the wiring harness and 2.2 ohm resistor, Your airbags will still deploy as long as you keep all the all of the harnesses, bladders and accelerometers in the car. There have been a few people that have race seats and their bags fired off in an impact. I made a tutorial about the install of race seat and 2.2 Ohm resistor if anyone is interested in doing that down the road.

So if you just yank the stock seat out and install another seat without a wiring harness, the airbags will not deploy? I was under the impression that the only reason to utilize the harness and resistor trick was to keep the airbag light off.

I've got a Sparco Evo in my car but left the wiring harness out since the airbag light doesn't bother me for a track day. But if the airbags aren't going to work at all then I need to rethink this.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
So if you just yank the stock seat out and install another seat without a wiring harness, the airbags will not deploy? I was under the impression that the only reason to utilize the harness and resistor trick was to keep the airbag light off.

I've got a Sparco Evo in my car but left the wiring harness out since the airbag light doesn't bother me for a track day. But if the airbags aren't going to work at all then I need to rethink this.
My educated guess for the driver side is that the driver side airbag will work
As for the passenger side, you have a passenger detection sensor In the seat so i have no idea what the default would be with a missing harness

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
The drivers will go off no matter what. The bladder on the passenger side is what detects a passenger and arms the passenger air bag.

I'm OCD so I wanted to resolve the light on the IP.
Sponsored