Sponsored

Unsolicited Compliments

Top_Notch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I read this thread this morning then took my S197 to lunch. I caught someone taking a picture of my car while stopped at a light. This has happened to me more than once.
Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Some memorables:

Most people dont even care to hear about it haha, they just wanna ogle. Thats fine by me. Even though mustangs are considered driven by dbags, its not a pretentious car. True people's sports car. People genuinely smile and you can sense happiness haha. I can almost guarantee BMWs Vettes and porsches don't get this many complements. People generally dont like approaching those folks.
I'll clear that one up for you my friend. The Vette (my C7) does get a lot of comments, and folks have no problem approaching. Folks that drive Vettes are the same as those that drive Mustangs. There are pricks that own both, but the majority are regular people.

TripleYellow5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow 5.0
I've only gotten two memorable complements on my mustangs. I was gassing up my 08 bullitt, and the guy at the pump next to me said, "hey nice looking camaro!"

The yellow 2016 was complemented by someone walking by, and it was "that's a nice camaro".

I'm obviously doing something wrong

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 2017 convertible for just over a week. Took it out last Sunday with the top down when it was unseasonably warm in Wisconsin (back in the 30's now). My daughter was with me and she was watching the responses.. almost uncomfortable the amount of attention it gathered. thumbs up, someone honking their horn, smiles...It's going to be an interesting year. I am not shy about putting the top down either.....it's the main reason I traded my coupe in for the vert...absolutely love the driving experience.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've only gotten two memorable complements on my mustangs. I was gassing up my 08 bullitt, and the guy at the pump next to me said, "hey nice looking camaro!"

The yellow 2016 was complemented by someone walking by, and it was "that's a nice camaro".

Put some more mustang badges on it or maybe the lower rocker panel lettering... Seriously though.. their must be a wave of yellow camaro's in the area that have people not seeing straight....I hope you corrected them of their error!

Sponsored

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Reactions...
2012 Race Red Pony Package Mustang was a hit with men and women over 60.
2017 Race Red Mustang GT get compliments from everyone, mostly because it is a GT and I am like...their hero??
1985 Silver Mustang GT........recently had a 12yr old ask me what it was. I think his Dad put him up to it.
1983 Mazda RX7 road racing car...."Hey is that a drift car?"

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Itā€™s true

I have been smitten by the current Mustang. I was so impressed by my ā€˜15 EB PP I sold that to my son and bought a ā€˜16 GT PP. Through good fortune, the sale of my beloved ā€˜04 Lighting, ā€˜82 GT, and ā€˜16 GT I bought my GT350.

It really does not matter which, they all elicit positive comments, with maybe more so for the Competiton Orange EB. I still drive the EB on occasion, and feel itā€™s the best street car of the bunch. It has the best steering as it has the lightest nose of the three, and easy gutsy torque.

I feel the GT350 is my legacy keeper Mustang, but I would not hesitate on driving the EB on a daily basis. It represents the essential goodness about this chassis IMO

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base

You could be like me and living in an area full of ignorant, inbred rubes.

About 3 months after I had my stripes done, one of the fat cashiers at my workplace asked "When did you get lines painted on your car?" :doh:

The little cutie-pie in the deli department asked if all Camaros had stripes. I asked her How would I know that? She got all indignant toward me and insisted that I own one. I had to educate her that the running horse logo didn't mean "Camaro". :frusty:

Quite honestly, last year the only compliment I got was that an older fellow in town bought a 50th Anniversary edition. We met at a light and I got a nod and a smile. :thumbsup:

Other than that, I'm usually met with disdain and/or jealousy. I actually lost a friend over my Mustang because he had to sell his 2005 because even though he makes 120k per year, he can't stick to a budget to save his life (and a LOT was going up his ex-wifes' nose). :lol:

I make a third what he does. He got all butt-hurt about it, and began selling off stuff to pay his bills. I learned a lesson because I'd left a few things at his place (because I thought we were friends) and the bastard went and sold my stuff!! When I questioned him about it - he lied. After some prodding he finally blurted out "Well if you're so rich that you can have a new Mustang, you can go buy whatever." So yeah.... I don't need friends like that.

Life in a small town sucks and yeah, I'm looking into moving.

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK
i told a guy filling a white vert ā€œhey nice mustang!ā€ :) and he just scowled and grunted ā€œitā€™s a rentalā€ :( Iā€™d be unhappy leaving here too so left him alone. that was actually the second time got reaction like that. maybe they thought i was going to ask for money or something. not car people. the nicest yet was this lady driving a classic bronco, topless and lifted. now she was a car person! cool lady hope to run into her again.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
i told a guy filling a white vert ā€œhey nice mustang!ā€ :) and he just scowled and grunted ā€œitā€™s a rentalā€ :( Iā€™d be unhappy leaving here too so left him alone. that was actually the second time got reaction like that. maybe they thought i was going to ask for money or something. not car people. the nicest yet was this lady driving a classic bronco, topless and lifted. now she was a car person! cool lady hope to run into her again.
Was she "topless and lifted" or the Bronco????

You did say you hoped to run into her again.....:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Was she "topless and lifted" or the Bronco????

You did say you hoped to run into her again.....:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Good question. I had taken it as she was topless and lifted and was going to ask how much were they lifted because it might not be a good luck.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I've had numerous compliments about my GT350. I had a ScatPac Challenger before the Shelby and going through a drive through the cute young girl at the window asked if I ever get tired of driving it and I asked her why and she replied "It's so....Boatie" gave me a good chuckle. The Challengers are actually big and kinda ugly.
I have gotten far more compliments over my newish Porsche Cayman GTS which kinda surprised me.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
I've had mine for a couple of months now and I've had quite a few compliments. I was a little surprised, since Mustangs are quite common in KC but it's cool.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
I bought my MY15 Comp Orange when the new cars just hit the lots. I immediately got Super Snake stripes, tinted windows, tinted tails and side markers. I also had a personalized plate OUTRUN U.

Everyday for months, people would take pics or video as we were about town. My wife was amazed that people would stop to do so. "It's just a car." she would say. I pointed out that it was the coolest new car around at the moment and she should be flattered.

Now I have a convertible and there is little to no barrier to people talking to us as we drive by. Since I drop the top as often as possible, I am constantly having conversations with people. Stop at a light, someone walking by will say nice car or some such. Car next to me with windows down, "get on it"!

Wife acts annoyed still, but I think she now likes "being cool".

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Lots of compliments in drive thrus and in traffic/at red lights.

I had a girl being really flirty with me one time in a McDonald's drive thru. Telling me how much she loved my car and so on... While my girlfriend at the time was on the phone via Sync 3. :lol: :lol:
Sponsored