Sponsored

Unsolicited Compliments

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Not only is this an amazing design, but I think some people were getting sick of the retro look. The other 2 muscle cars are still using the retro look and Mustang is really the 1st to start moving away!
Sponsored

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Compared to the boring styling of virtually everything else, the Mustang is a coup de grace.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I was sitting at an outside cafe in Santa Barbara, CA, yesterday, and in a period of 15 minuters I saw three S550s, all convertibles, just drive by...
Probably all rentals with out of towner, snowbird yahoos driving them. Sometimes it seems like half the cars in the rental fleets at LAX are Mustang verts. Everyone wants the So Cal beach cruiser experience. :headbang:
Its the same in Hawaii too, if it isn't a Mustang convertible, its a Jeep.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed people stare and some "drop jaw"looks. Drive thrus are interesting for me but I don't eat out much as I enjoy BBQ and have a homemade grill I am a master of.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I’ve had my car for three years and I still get compliments all the time. This design is probably the most dramatic and beautiful since the original and while does have significant design cues from the earlier cars, it’s been reinterpreted for a more modern audience. It looks great in person even more than in pictures. I remember seeing it at the NY Auto Show and saying to my Dad, “that’s my next car”. He liked it as well but wasn’t sure when we saw it in photos.
I just got a compliment from a co-worker yesterday that my exhaust sounded great. It’s stock, and he couldn’t believe it. Also people think my car is lowered, but it’s not. I love this car and will be keeping it for a very long time.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I used to have an 1989 mustang gsp which is very rare and even though i got compliments from people in it, not nearly as much as my 16. But i sure wish i still had georgia state patrol...

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I've gotten a lot of compliments in only 4 months of ownership. I wasnt really expecting it as Mustangs are common as dirt in South Florida. In fact, i've gotten more compliments in 4 months with this car and than 3 years in the GTO (nobody knew what the hell it was). Most of the Mustang compliments have been about the color though.

The funniest compliment was my neighbor as he's walking around the car staring at it. "This is beautiful. What kind of car is it?". Who the hell doesn't know what a Mustang looks like? Even non-car people can identify a Mustang.

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I get them all the time but what sucks is everyone says nice 5.0.....then I have to say it is a V6. Also I do have to admit I kind of goose it sometime just to make it growl :)
Actually it kinds of shocks me how much people stare at it.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Most memorable comment I have had was from an older woman in a Walmart parking lot. “That is one honey of a car”....I walked into the store and she stood there staring at it for a while longer.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Every time I drive mine I get tons of lookers and thumbs up. Probably partially because there's only a small handful of them around. Not to mention mine is modified, that on top of a solid design.

I knew when I saw an S550 GT on display at an auto show in March 2014 I knew I had to have one, and was never that blown away by a new Mustang to date. Even my wife, who is typically "meh" about most cars, thought it was killer.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Some memorables:

"I had a mustang exactly like that. In my other life when I didnt have kids" - 8am in the parking lot of a michaels craft store, some middle aged women coming out of a soccer mom suv. Dont ask me why I was there, let alone at 8am.

"Oh wow thats a special car" "oh its not a V8? Who cares" - middle aged dude in a G37 (when I had an ecoboost)

"you almost ran me over in the garage and all i could think about was thats a hot car" - coworker haha

"oh my gawd that is such a pretty car!" - soon to be gf w/DDD's (now ex hehe)

"PONY LIGHTS! OMFG DO IT AGAIN" - pretty much every female smh

"you know I saw this red mustang in the garage you should check out"..."oh that was YOUR car?! Oh damn okay you flexin now!" - coworker

"OMG FERRRARRRIIIII!!!!!" - little hispanic kid, I pulled up to the hotel front door on vacay. His mom was laughing

"oooh nice car it looks real....ooooh five oh huh? godam" - ticket booth attendant

"oh that is such a beautiful car. You only have one life" - middle aged indian guy with a corolla, a few days ago at some gas station

Most people dont even care to hear about it haha, they just wanna ogle. Thats fine by me. Even though mustangs are considered driven by dbags, its not a pretentious car. True people's sports car. People genuinely smile and you can sense happiness haha. I can almost guarantee BMWs Vettes and porsches don't get this many complements. People generally dont like approaching those folks.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I get more compliments from the ladies compared to guys. Most guys will just stare... ladies will compliment.
I do live in a college town where 2/3 of the student population are young ladies, and they send me kind words on my Mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Most memorable comment I have had was from an older woman in a Walmart parking lot. “That is one honey of a car”....I walked into the store and she stood there staring at it for a while longer.
Was it still there when you came out?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Some memorables:

"I had a mustang exactly like that. In my other life when I didnt have kids" - 8am in the parking lot of a michaels craft store, some middle aged women coming out of a soccer mom suv. Dont ask me why I was there, let alone at 8am.
To hit on soccer mom's?
Sponsored