Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT California Special, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
Its a YouTuber myth. 99.99% of the time, its the fact you just aren't used to a DI engine and the pump and injector noises. Period. End. of. story. Now send it...
Right. I’m just not used to it yet. When I hear a abnormal, not consistent rattle/tick, I just got concerned.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I looked through numerous threads and none have said anything about what truly causes the issue. Like I said. I am new to the coyotes. Came over from an LS
bro its not an issue outside of YouTube video maker's imaginations, that then everyone making videos to get a few extra bucks jump on the bandwagon with. If anything, its so bad I unsubbed from almost every YTer last year who even made a video about it... I could name names, but I'm trying not to be a dick...but trust nothing you hear on YT. Nothing. At. All. And...send it! :)

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I looked through numerous threads and none have said anything about what truly causes the issue. Like I said. I am new to the coyotes. Came over from an LS
Oh and welcome to the dark side....we have cookies (and Mustangs) yeah!
il_570xN.782893865_occy.jpg

OP
OP
Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Annnnd here's the resident moronic Coyote hater giving out bad advice :headbang:

It has been proven that the tick does not cause engine damage. A member who had the tick opened up their engine and found no damage whatsoever. Check out the thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gen-3-coyote-measurements.122096/

I wouldn't even waste your time taking it to the dealer. The tick is a slightly annoying noise that usually goes away after you put more mileage on the
bro its not an issue outside of YouTube video maker's imaginations, that then everyone making videos to get a few extra bucks jump on the bandwagon with. If anything, its so bad I unsubbed from almost every YTer last year who even made a video about it... I could name names, but I'm trying not to be a dick...but trust nothing you hear on YT. Nothing. At. All. And...send it! :)
Oh and welcome to the dark side....we have cookies (and Mustangs) yeah!
il_570xN.782893865_occy.jpg
Appreciate it. Always dreamed of having a mustang. 2 Camaros later, I don’t miss them one bit. Thanks for the advice. Glad it’s nothing to be too worried about.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Hi, Tyler. I've moved your thread to the 5.0L V8 technical section. If you search there, you will see a lot of discussion about the noises. Also, while Ford has acknowledged some of the noises and deemed them normal characteristics, there aren't clear declarations of the causes. I've personally experienced some of these noises on my '19 Bullitt and have been reading various threads here since the release of the engine in the 2018 model year. I could understand how it might be concerning, but I think more people than not have been OK. For those who have experienced issues with the engines, you can read the details in various posts in this subforum.

Good luck and hopefully you will come to appreciate your new vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Hi, Tyler. I've moved your thread to the 5.0L V8 technical section. If you search there, you will see a lot of discussion about the noises. Also, while Ford has acknowledged some of the noises and deemed them normal characteristics, there aren't clear declarations of the causes. I've personally experienced some of these noises on my '19 Bullitt and have been reading various threads here since the release of the engine in the 2018 model year. I could understand how it might be concerning, but I think more people than not have been OK. For those who have experienced issues with the engines, you can read the details in various posts in this subforum.

Good luck and hopefully you will come to appreciate your new vehicle.
Thank you for moving it to the right place. I’m a newbie to the forum. I love the car. Just didn’t expect for that to happen so early!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Appreciate it. Always dreamed of having a mustang. 2 Camaros later, I don’t miss them one bit. Thanks for the advice. Glad it’s nothing to be too worried about.
I had a 2013 Camaro SS that I traded in for this. I've just arrived to the Dark Side now too.

OP
OP
Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Put a bottle of ceratec in your oil, worked perfectly for me
Ok. I will look into it. Thank you! Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues with the dealer and warranty when you added ceratec to the oil?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ok. I will look into it. Thank you! Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues with the dealer and warranty when you added ceratec to the oil?
No, and the ceratec also lasted past an oil change. Heres a video comparison I did on it

I had added 2 bottles but 1 worked also.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
No, and the ceratec also lasted past an oil change. Heres a video comparison I did on it

I had added 2 bottles but 1 worked also.
Awesome. Thanks. When did the tick start with yours. Beautiful car btw.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Why would you tell someone to do all that? Do you just like wasting people's time? Are you really saying that youtube is your friend? A friend does not lie to you, waste your time and make you look like a fool. youtube can and will do that to you. I can say that there is some good info on youtube that I have used for DIY or real issues with things - like a bad control panel on a diswasher. In those cases that it was a problem, the person showed step by step what the issue was and how to fix it. Please point us to the youtube BBQ tick video that shows the issue and proves it is the issue and the step by step on how to fix it. Good luck.
He is the same guy that claims LS swaps into S550s are so common, every serious racer has one. Of course, he also refuses to cite sources.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I have the cold start tick and honestly I wouldn't have even known that I had it until reading on this forum and Youtube. I don't even worry about it anymore.

OP
OP
Tmm113

Tmm113

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
I have the cold start tick and honestly I wouldn't have even known that I had it until reading on this forum and Youtube. I don't even worry about it anymore.
Yeah same here. Someone at work told me about it and told me all kinds of horror stories. So naturally i freaked out and got concerned lol. Dealership said it’s normal. Got it documented. So now I’m just going to enjoy my dream car
Sponsored