Sponsored

Is this the "typewriter/bbq tick" or something else ?

GazV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2018 gt
Its not always there, it depends on the surrounding environemnt. I.e. if close to a car, stone road, close to a wall etc the sound as loud as the one in video. Sometimes its random too. Sound come from under front left side of the car.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Also mine...
It purrs at startup and all I hear is the beautifully deep exhaust tone. I put in one bottle of Ceratec every year. But after it's warmed up it sounds like the videos. A bit "diesel-ish" sounding. But it runs like a beast and there's no noise when I get on the throttle. Undetectable oil consumption. I think this forum has made us a bit paranoid. :crazy:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Of all the noises, if I could get rid of the 2-3k rattle, I'd be happy. It is dreadful in sport and track mode.

Richard

Sponsored

OP
OP

GazV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2018 gt
Also mine...
It purrs at startup and all I hear is the beautifully deep exhaust tone. I put in one bottle of Ceratec every year. But after it's warmed up it sounds like the videos. A bit "diesel-ish" sounding. But it runs like a beast and there's no noise when I get on the throttle. Undetectable oil consumption. I think this forum has made us a bit paranoid. :crazy:
Yea mine runs fine too, i read somewhere changing oil velocity to w40 or w50 fix the tick.. havent tried yet

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Here's what mine sounds like after a good drive (before Ceratec, passenger side where it's loudest):

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Of all the noises, if I could get rid of the 2-3k rattle, I'd be happy. It is dreadful in sport and track mode.

Richard
i had 2k rattle.. after the parts cannon was empty and they still couldnt fix i got a new engine... no issues so far w/this one... 1st oil change any day now...

OP
OP

GazV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 2018 gt
Also mine...
Im planning to use 1 bottle of ceratec today. Did u noticed any improvment ?

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Im planning to use 1 bottle of ceratec today. Did u noticed any improvment ?
For the ticking yes, but Ceratec didn't do anything for the diesel noise.

Ant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150 STX Sport Crew Cab 4x4
I didn’t want to make a thread and be told to search, in which I have been. But my 2019 with 20k miles I hear a rattle start around 1,800 rpms and continues well past 4K but the exhaust is getting loud by that point so it very well could be making the rattle then too. I also noticed if I’m in a gear and give it little gas and let off there’s a rattle too. It all seems to be coming somewhere between the engine and trans. Only does it under load. Won’t do it idling and bringing the rpms up. I have not read where the rattle stays as rpms go above 2k. Could this be coming from the exposed plate between the engine and trans?

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That is your injectors 100%. Ticking is heard from behind the front wheel On both sides and is not consistent. It is a tick then 3 ticks then none then 2 then 1 etc.. lots of videos of tick on YouTube. Once you hear the actually tick what I said will make
More Sense lol..

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Here's what mine sounds like after a good drive (before Ceratec, passenger side where it's loudest):
That isn’t the “tick” either. That is something way worse it sounds like. The tick is off and on and never consistent. Yours is consistent and doesn’t change the pattern of the noise.
Sponsored