Sponsored

Trouble finding oil filter

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Any concern regarding the materials mismatch between that MMR filter cover and the stock plastic one, and the potential for resonance induced loosening of said cover? Similar to the issues described with the Ronin drain plug allegedly vibrating out because of the Voodoo harmonics. Probably not an issue but I'm just curious.
I ordered one at the Black Friday discount. Had always hoped an aluminum one would come into being. As for the harmonics I do feel the two O-Rings will do an adequate job of keeping the housing from coming loose. Safety wire is always a fallback if anyone has reservations.

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
See post #14. K&N is all I use. And I run full bore at COTA often. Ambient temps up to around 100*. Never had an issue.
Strong endorsement. Sounds like it would play at Road Atlanta just as well on a fine August afternoon. Thanks.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’ll bite. Is there a FL-2087 alternative you would use?
LOL…it was a lighthearted statement. Back in the day, Fram had carboard end caps on the filter element (in addition to any quality concerns of the paper element itself). These things were notorious for breaking down and slowly coming apart in the filter. And then just years and years and years of everyone on the forums saying don’t do it!

But to answer your question, I would (and do) run the Amsoil 43 without any hesitation or loss of sleep. Yes, the internal frame is plastic, but it’s more robus and structured different than the 2062. But I admittedly have not checked out the Fram that fits this. Does it have a metal internal? I find that hard to believe without eyes on, but maybe it does.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Alain

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
This is still an issue ?? Wow

NDEMGUTZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I would NOT use CH11955, I'd only use the XG. The CH is paper filtration media, the XG is synthetic and provides superior filtration.
Any change in your oil pressures when using the XG from the 2087?

jabberwoki

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
steve
Vehicle(s)
69 428 CJ Mach 1 , 2020 gt350
Got a call from my dealer they have the good filters in stock now.

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Got a call from my dealer they have the good filters in stock now.
It has been mentioned before in other threads, but if you buy the oil filter housing it comes with an FL-2087 filter. The part number is: KR3Z6A832A

I had to order one because the plastic nut is stripping on my housing and I will need to replace it at the next oil change otherwise I may have a tough time removing it later.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So the other night I was looking at rock auto and it showed the filters in stock. I ordered 9 of them (wait before you judge) with the intent of keeping a few for myself and putting the rest up on the forum for people who really needed them.

I was emailed late the next day and told that there was a mixup and that they would not be shipping me the filters. I explained that they were not for me and intended to be Christmas gifts to my fellow Shelby owners. They didn't care.

My take on it is they thought I was a hoarder and then cancelled my order. I was looking forward to doing something similar like I did last time with a oil filter giveaway. Maybe it would have made someones Christmas. I'm pissed and Rock Auto gets a big lump of coal in my book. I dont think ill be giving them any more of my business in the future.

Well, I tried.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
So the other night I was looking at rock auto and it showed the filters in stock. I ordered 9 of them (wait before you judge) with the intent of keeping a few for myself and putting the rest up on the forum for people who really needed them.

I was emailed late the next day and told that there was a mixup and that they would not be shipping me the filters. I explained that they were not for me and intended to be Christmas gifts to my fellow Shelby owners. They didn't care.

My take on it is they thought I was a hoarder and then cancelled my order. I was looking forward to doing something similar like I did last time with a oil filter giveaway. Maybe it would have made someones Christmas. I'm pissed and Rock Auto gets a big lump of coal in my book. I dont think ill be giving them any more of my business in the future.

Well, I tried.
I did the same EXACT thing... LOL

They contacted me the next day saying their inventory was incorrect and cancelled my order.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
lol, ditto above, ordered yesterday and got the same message from Rockauto an hr later.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I got an email from rock auto a couple days ago saying they had them in stock. Within two hours of receiving the email they were out of stock….now I know why ;-)
Seriously, if you don’t jump on it right away…they gone!
Sponsored