Sponsored

Transporting Wheels/Tires

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What happens if you have to slam on the brakes?
Sponsored

Last edited:

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I think you underestimate the force of three loose ~50# projectiles flying forward in an accident... I strap mine down.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
I think you underestimate the force of three loose ~50# projectiles flying forward in an accident... I strap mine down.
i think you missed the part where i said they seat nicely against the seat backs.
there is no 3-axis play.
i'm safe :thumbsup:

Sponsored

pstoppani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Indeed, I misunderstood which seat backs you were referring to. For me, the tires are too far from the front seat backs so I strap them down.

Good to be safe in the wild ...

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
never thought to take pics on the road, since it's just something i do to make shit fit for racing :)

... but just cuz you guys are special (and because i had to stay home with my sick son today):

1 in the trunk
34472581041_6f07969121_b.jpg

3 in the back
33759956074_8781653bb7_b.jpg

they're really 335s on 12s!
33759953574_c07b3b8008_b.jpg

and they're really wide!
34472578881_1b43c16e39_b.jpg

don't fold your seats down [MENTION=23273]OKC S550[/MENTION] - you'll use up precious space (and introduce a lot of exhaust noise into the cabin, depending on your setup). the pics i took show the rear seat in, but i usually have a rear seat delete installed when i'm heading out of town racing, which gives you even more room. fwiw, i don't think i'll have any problems when i move to an 18x13 setup later this year - there's still daylight vertically/horizontally, even with the rear bench in place.
i like to think it's pretty (and functional) [MENTION=16275]SteveW[/MENTION] - and iirc, i had my car packed faster than you had your trailer packed up and road worthy down @ crows, especially with all your hitch r&r shenanigans. and i *know* i had a lot more stuff to pack than you did :p

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I need to know where to buy these tire totes 😂
Planning to get some R compounds, definitely don't want to get my interior dirty while transporting them to the track 😂

EDIT: I should read the whole thread before posting 🙃
Found the link: https://www.blackwatchracing.com/Tire-Warmer-Bag-p/1058.htm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I need to know where to buy these tire totes 😂
Planning to get some R compounds, definitely don't want to get my interior dirty while transporting them to the track 😂

EDIT: I should read the whole thread before posting 🙃
Found the link: https://www.blackwatchracing.com/Tire-Warmer-Bag-p/1058.htm
Push come to shove, old heavy blankets will do the trick . . . and maybe hide what they're covering from prying eyes a little better.

Norm

SlowStangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Push come to shove, old heavy blankets will do the trick . . . and maybe hide what they're covering from prying eyes a little better.

Norm
Since those were sold out, I ended up buying the TireRack tire totes + felt side covers. Good call on the blankets though, I'll probably use them to cover the seats and drape over the tires
Sponsored