Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danpearsonphoto.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anybody planning to run 15 GT PP in F Street SCCA next year, I am and want to talk about wheel and tire options, 18" or 19" the lightest wheel out there with legal offset. Forgeline has offered to build, but at a price. Looking for similar but less pricey. Wanting around 20 lbs or so. Finding correct widths is the problem.:frusty: HELP!
Sponsored

racermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang PP TY
I am also planning to build mine for f street but the build will have to wait till February being that I'm deployed right now. I ordered the PP so 19s are my only option. Still trying to decide what way to go with the rest of the build though.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I am also planning to build mine for f street but the build will have to wait till February being that I'm deployed right now. I ordered the PP so 19s are my only option. Still trying to decide what way to go with the rest of the build though.
Under the street rules, you can change the diameter 1" from stock. Supposedly some 18's will clear the PP brakes. But even with the better tire selection in 18", the diameters availible are way shorter than stock. Actually tire selection is rather skimpy all around as the stock tires are taller than most.

I am thinking using the stock wheels at first, then pick up a wider set that I will use on the street and in the future for STU or ESP. I hate spending $$ buying stock size wheels when you could be going wider for about the same price.

Sponsored

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Back to the future!! The market may catch up!

Anybody planning to run 15 GT PP in F Street SCCA next year, I am and want to talk about wheel and tire options, 18" or 19" the lightest wheel out there with legal offset. Forgeline has offered to build, but at a price. Looking for similar but less pricey. Wanting around 20 lbs or so. Finding correct widths is the problem.:frusty: HELP!
Sept. 2015:

OZ Leggera HLT- Same as 15 GTPP sizes, offsets, widths, $409 at TIRERACK.
22 lbs vs 32 for OEM GTPP wheels.

Also see Forgestar CF5 $340.

Just bought a 2015 GTPP on 8/31/2015; which was built 7/23/2015.

Check autocross section for more good stuff.

dontlifttoshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Funny story, dpphoto bought a set of CF5s and then sold the car and then sold the wheels.....I bought them earlier this year.

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm looking into 18x9/9.5s. I will have to figure out if the barrel of the CF5 will clear the brembos.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I've seen a few 19x9.5" wheels with a 45 mm offset, which puts them .5 mm outside the FS allowance. How advisable is it to machine off a half mm on a wheel hub to make them compliant in FS?

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've seen a few 19x9.5" wheels with a 45 mm offset, which puts them .5 mm outside the FS allowance. How advisable is it to machine off a half mm on a wheel hub to make them compliant in FS?
Seen 1-2mm done a few times. Harder to find someone to do the machining than anything else.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I'm looking into 18x9/9.5s. I will have to figure out if the barrel of the CF5 will clear the brembos.

I think this has been checked with "nope" as the answer but don't know where it was posted. Maybe check with Sam or Chris Cox.

Assuming 275/35 in both 18 or 19 there would be a 4% change in gearing so 3K in 3rd gear would be 35 mph vs 36.4 and 6.8K (rev limiter) would be 79.4 vs 82.6.

Rev limiter in second would drop 2 mph.

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I actually just talked with Sam, you should give him a call if you are interested in this. Yes the idea is to run 3rd. If it fails to prove faster, they will be very good for wets.

You have the wrong tire size in mind for the rear. :)

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
18x11 CF5s clear PP brakes. Not sure how different the barrel is on a 9

Is the plan to make 3rd more useable?
One comment on running short 18's. I did that last year with my experiment with FS using a 2012 automatic GT with none of the right options. The car looked like a roller skate on the short 18's and the ground clearance with the 12's already low front splitter/spoiled got even worse. :)

ABQautoxer

Autox Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Car will be ugly on 18s with low profile tires. If it's fast I won't car. I will however not sue these for street due to the odometer/looks.
Sponsored