Sponsored

New Track tires and wheels, will it fit?

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
I think he meant you don’t need two different settings and could run a happy medium setting but I could be wrong.
That exactly what i meant. :)
No need to move camber. At that camber and toe the wearing 9f street tire is basically identical that "street camber setup"

Keep it at -2.8 (you also save money )
The people saiyng that 2.8 ruin the wearing...i politely say they dont really know :)
But be careful with the toe. Once in a while put the car on the rack and check toe is still good. Hard cornering can loose stuff and change toe.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
That's a cool track, but dodgy as shit. Just keep it in your pants when going around that place, because it has a lot of potential to bite.
You've tracked there??

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
If it's track only go with 18x11" square so you can get tons of cheap slicks. I run 19x11" ET26/ET52 and this works with stock suspension but you do need camber plates and at least -3 degrees of camber which is good enough. 305 is the minimum you want from your track set.
I have 18x11 ET52 Apex for track running take off Michelins.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
That exactly what i meant. :)
No need to move camber. At that camber and toe the wearing 9f street tire is basically identical that "street camber setup"

Keep it at -2.8 (you also save money )
The people saiyng that 2.8 ruin the wearing...i politely say they dont really know :)
But be careful with the toe. Once in a while put the car on the rack and check toe is still good. Hard cornering can loose stuff and change toe.
Fully agreed. there is no issue daily driving this setup, and even on 305 square tires. it's still a super fun street car. there is no need to overcomplicate things, just set it and forget it.

in fact, with 2.6-2.8 camber up front and 25mm spacer, and extended studs, stock PP1 front wheels are sitting perfectly flush to fender, as well as rear PP1 wheels, as well as track focused 305 wheels with 52-54 offset. this spacer and camber combo makes in a perfect universal choice in my opinion. I can throw any wheel at it that I have and it will fit perfectly.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
You've tracked there??
No, but I talked to some guys who have been around it. There's a reason why you won't see pro races there. There was one, but I doubt there will be a lot more.

Sponsored

slowdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation Duramax
I also run 2.8 up front and it's the perfect number for me with EC7s, 25mm spacers and 305s down to 285s (my rain tires). I can't see anything more wearing "more" even. If anything 2.6 would probably be the even number but I prefer the extra little bit of confidence on those high speed corners.

Still trying to get that "perfect" toe and caster combo to go with the 2.8 but feel close - I've never run straight 0 toe so I go on the machine in a week and may go to 0 for the first few track days this spring and go from there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
No, but I talked to some guys who have been around it. There's a reason why you won't see pro races there. There was one, but I doubt there will be a lot more.
and also why Mid-Ohio is a dry-only track at least for bikes, and I was pretty sure cars too.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
What would it take to bring something like that to market? (Now that this thread is pretty off the rails).
HIS idea you could actually sell and it would make financial sense for everyone. In the end, I spent enough converting mine that the Tractives become an attractive option and I didn't even have to make a profit!

Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
and also why Mid-Ohio is a dry-only track at least for bikes, and I was pretty sure cars too.
I've been to Mid-O many times in the wet. That's much less of a safety deal than the Ozark track. Yes, there are some crests and some steams, but they're much more reasonable. There's a difference between a wild-ass Missouri country back-road (which I can tell you from personal experience is awesome) and a race track where you can run professional races. The builders of the track failed to appreciate this fact.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I've been to Mid-O many times in the wet. That's much less of a safety deal than the Ozark track. Yes, there are some crests and some steams, but they're much more reasonable. There's a difference between a wild-ass Missouri country back-road (which I can tell you from personal experience is awesome) and a race track where you can run professional races. The builders of the track failed to appreciate this fact.
Okay not sure I get your drift on this one... do you mean Mid-Ohio is better that Ozark? or Ozark is crazy fun? Myself was thinking of Mid-Ohio this year but not Ozark, too far.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Okay not sure I get your drift on this one... do you mean Mid-Ohio is better that Ozark? or Ozark is crazy fun? Myself was thinking of Mid-Ohio this year but not Ozark, too far.
Mid-O is a much safer track. I'm sure the Ozark track is a blast, don't get me wrong, but there will very few small crashes there. There's plenty of stuff to hit at any track, but the penalty for small errors at Ozark is very high.