Sponsored

Trade 2021 GT Premium for 2022 Mach1? Yes or No?

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
What's the deal with that shifter - how does the detent/button to get out of D or S - does that still function, or does the shifter just move through all positions now? Is that a kit or something you put together yourself? I would like to do something similar
Sponsored

Jerry Carguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2021 California Special Black exterior
6% sales tax on the switch here in Michigan. However, if you live in one of the other states that subtract your trade in value you should make the move.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am currently driving a 2021 Mustang GT Premium and I am considering trading it in on a 2022 Mustang Mach1.

The GT I am currently driving is decked out with ever option except stripes and recaros (I wanted cooled seats and to do custom graphics). This means it has all the cool tech stuff, ambient lighting, digital dash and so on...but more importantly, it has the performance handling package and the magnaride. The only mods I have done are graphics and the shifter. (Cont. below pics)
B547F197-7ADA-469F-BE9E-239533E32259.jpg

shifterswap.jpg

Since the new Mach1 has only 10hp more than this car and no extra torque is there a good reason to make the swap? Are there any features of the Mach1 that would make it noticeably better than the GT with all the performance upgrades?

Would you do the trade if money was not a factor or would there be no reason. Please tell me why you feel the way you do on this topic.
No way I'd do it but I would get rid of that thing on the hood. Reminds me of a Navajo blanket.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
I think you do it, upgraded vehicle and a year newer, if money is no object, as you stated.

Curious how much the hood graphic would impact a transaction, if at all.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What's the deal with that shifter - how does the detent/button to get out of D or S - does that still function, or does the shifter just move through all positions now? Is that a kit or something you put together yourself? I would like to do something similar
No, it doesn’t function. I just put it in there to look pretty. Of course it functions. It has a lift ring.

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
If you get warranty for the Mach 1, there is less risk for failures you will pay for.
If not, stick with the car you know.

The hood reminds me of something else

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
It it has equipment group 700A (mach1 premium) with handling package, tremec, torsen, appearance package (fighter jet grey), elite package and maybe mycolor, then it is worth thinking about it considering what might be available in near future.

but it's not a gt350

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I would go for it if you're not losing too much money. Now is the best time to get rid of used cars with prices being up so high. Yes, what is the deal in finances? How much for the trade in and how much for the Mach 1 (sticker and purchase price)?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't think there's enough on the table to make you feel better once all the hassle is said and done. The cars will be very similar other than style aspects, and of course the track focused coolers you probably won't get much use out of. I think you'd be better off throwing a supercharger on your current car for some extra giggles.

Iwouldlikeamustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am currently driving a 2021 Mustang GT Premium and I am considering trading it in on a 2022 Mustang Mach1.

The GT I am currently driving is decked out with ever option except stripes and recaros (I wanted cooled seats and to do custom graphics). This means it has all the cool tech stuff, ambient lighting, digital dash and so on...but more importantly, it has the performance handling package and the magnaride. The only mods I have done are graphics and the shifter. (Cont. below pics)
B547F197-7ADA-469F-BE9E-239533E32259.jpg

shifterswap.jpg

Since the new Mach1 has only 10hp more than this car and no extra torque is there a good reason to make the swap? Are there any features of the Mach1 that would make it noticeably better than the GT with all the performance upgrades?

Would you do the trade if money was not a factor or would there be no reason. Please tell me why you feel the way you do on this topic.
OP, don’t let anyone bully you. You have a really nice car that a lot of people wish they can have and one stupid comment about your hood shouldn’t get you down. People who make those comments are either jealous or bullies to try to make themselves look better and feel better. Don’t care what other people think. If you like the design on your hood, that’s all that matters. That’s one of the best things about cars. You can customize it however you like. Congratulations on your beautiful car and good luck with your decision!

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
OP, don’t let anyone bully you. You have a really nice car that a lot of people wish they can have and one stupid comment about your hood shouldn’t get you down. People who make those comments are either jealous or bullies to try to make themselves look better and feel better. Don’t care what other people think. If you like the design on your hood, that’s all that matters. That’s one of the best things about cars. You can customize it however you like. Congratulations on your beautiful car and good luck with your decision!
Oh my goodness.

Seriously, let's dial back the female catty stuff a bit here. This isn't kindergarten. If someone calls someone else's.....whatever....garbage, that's no big deal. Insulting each other's choices is kind of a thing, it's called trash-talking and done 99% in jest.

With me, If I'm not messing with you, that means I don't like you. Talking trash about someone else's car is a standard thing in the community, like when Mustang and Camaro drivers cross paths.

If you can't handle such trivial things without your panties getting in a bunch, life is going to be a very rude awakening. A little thick skin goes miles and miles.
Sponsored

Last edited: