Sponsored

Trade 2021 GT Premium for 2022 Mach1? Yes or No?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Oh my goodness.

Seriously, let's dial back the female catty stuff a bit here. This isn't kindergarten. If someone calls someone else's.....whatever....garbage, that's no big deal. Insulting each other's choices is kind of a thing, it's called trash-talking and done 99% in jest.

With me, If I'm not messing with you, that means I don't like you. Talking trash about someone else's car is a standard thing in the community, like when Mustang and Camaro drivers cross paths.

If you can't handle such trivial things without your panties getting in a bunch, life is going to be a very rude awakening. A little thick skin goes miles and miles.
No big deal to you maybe but to others it might very well be. Just because you are on an internet forum doesn't mean you have to make an ass out of yourself. We are a community of Mustang lovers. How about a little civility?

PS. If the comment was made in jest (although, I doubt it), I will retract all of my comments.

Edit. Guess not. :giggle:
Sponsored

Last edited:

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Oh my goodness.

Seriously, let's dial back the female catty stuff a bit here. This isn't kindergarten. If someone calls someone else's.....whatever....garbage, that's no big deal. Insulting each other's choices is kind of a thing, it's called trash-talking and done 99% in jest.

With me, If I'm not messing with you, that means I don't like you. Talking trash about someone else's car is a standard thing in the community, like when Mustang and Camaro drivers cross paths.

If you can't handle such trivial things without your panties getting in a bunch, life is going to be a very rude awakening. A little thick skin goes miles and miles.
Sure but on the other hand, we could argue that the comment was childish and we would prefer a more respectful tone here (since we are not in Kindergarden anymore), the personal flavor could be expressed equally in a different tone but I am not judging anyone here.

Essentially the issue here is that the message conveyed in written form is missing the personal attitude and that is important sometimes to get the drift of how someone means what they write. This is lost most of the time which is too bad because it would have an inpact (emojis help a little bit).

Don't want to sound protective either or something, just a little aspect to have a thought about when writing.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Also the wheels, exclusive FJG color and software differences for the magnaride
.and the intangibles that turn people’s heads because it is a Mach 1. Not sure anyone in the public will say “wow, look at that pp1 car”
Ford has a kit for 800.00 for springs/sways/and programming. So I wouldn’t even include the software. The coolers and Mach1 brand are the big major differences. Especially since the rear diff cooler no one has figured out how to factory integrate it. If you do one you have to wire it yourself.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
No big deal to you maybe but to others it might very well be. Just because you are on an internet forum doesn't mean you have to make an ass out of yourself. We are a community of Mustang lovers. How about a little civility?

PS. If the comment was made in jest (although, I doubt it), I will retract all of my comments.
How about assuming it was in jest, before emotionally flying off the handle and over-reacting? Everyone is looking for a reason to be insulted/triggered. How about just ignoring it even if you think it's an insult?

The people of this nation need to toughen up a bit. What happened to "sticks & stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

Everyone is such delicate flowers now. Can't take a few harsh words without losing their shit.

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sierra, ‘21 Expedition, ‘22 Mach 1
Another thing to consider is the 22 lost 10 hp and 10 ft lbs compared to the 21. So while the 20 hop difference may be barely felt in the 21s, it will be even smaller going from the 21 to the 22. However, if you like the looks of the Mach 1, go for it. Get exactly what you want, plus you also get the driving school and the Mach 1 owners kit as part of the package.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
How about assuming it was in jest, before emotionally flying off the handle and over-reacting? Everyone is looking for a reason to be insulted/triggered. How about just ignoring it even if you think it's an insult?

The people of this nation need to toughen up a bit. What happened to "sticks & stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

Everyone is such delicate flowers now. Can't take a few harsh words without losing their shit.
OK

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
However, if you like the looks of the Mach 1, go for it. Get exactly what you want, plus you also get the driving school and the Mach 1 owners kit as part of the package.
Good points about the driving school & owners kit. Those do add value to an already exceptional car.

If you are only looking at the parts and the numbers, I would say pass as you already have an awesome car. But if the Mach 1 means something to you for it’s historically value as well as it’s current looks, do it. I doubt we will ever see another one (at least with a V8).

Iwouldlikeamustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Sure but on the other hand, we could argue that the comment was childish and we would prefer a more respectful tone here (since we are not in Kindergarden anymore), the personal flavor could be expressed equally in a different tone but I am not judging anyone here.

Essentially the issue here is that the message conveyed in written form is missing the personal attitude and that is important sometimes to get the drift of how someone means what they write. This is lost most of the time which is too bad because it would have an inpact (emojis help a little bit).

Don't want to sound protective either or something, just a little aspect to have a thought about when writing.
Yes, emotion gets lost in text. The forum poster came off as rude. If he was joking, he could have said “jk” or used an emoji so we would understand his joke.

Iwouldlikeamustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford

I agree @Bikeman315. People are “keyboard warriors” on the internet and think they can disrespect people because there are no repercussions. Everyone has feelings but people are also entitled to their opinions. But being entitled to their opinions doesn’t mean to make an ass out of oneself. We are all here to enjoy and appreciate Mustangs and we do not need that negativity/talking down/insulting on this forum.

Sponsored

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Oh my goodness.

This is true, some of you guys going to be ok after reading a rude comment on the interwebs or do you need to seek a safe space? FFS...

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you get a Mach 1 with the Al0, you won't notice any differences while driving it on the street compared to your GT w/ PP1 and MagneRide. It will feel essentially exactly the same. Throttle House has a video review on the Mach 1 w/ the M6, which they loved the shifter, but, they said the Mach 1 just feels like a GT in normal driving on the street. Same steering, etc. There's a few upgraded components shared w/ the GT350 and GT500, but in normal day to day, you won't notice them.

The only reason to upgrade (other than the track focus/cooling of the Mach 1) is if you want to do it for the style/looks or for the name. It does look better than a regular GT, esp. with the handling package and the shared GT500 rear valence/exhaust tips.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
I kind of regret not going M1 when I purchased my 2020 GT PP1 MR last year (new, old stock).
The GT was $5K under MSRP though, which was unheard of. Which was priced $15-$20K under a M1.

It’s primarily a track car, and I overheated everything in my GT that the M1 would’ve fixed.
So I just ended up doing a Mishimoto oil cooler and trans cooler, possibly doing the rear diff cooler if my wrap/BG fluid doesn’t keep it cool this season.
Signed up for many track days coming up soon, so I’ll find out.
After doing camber plates/springs/sways/squared and all, I think I should be close to what a M1 is.