honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Exactly. Have a vision besides "want to replicate a GT350 suspension" because, well, it's not going to happen. Just get a GT350 then.

Granted, it's your money and no one is going to stop you but yourself. Think things through and don't start swapping parts just because some king ding-a-ling YouTuber who's never been on track or autocross told you to do so because "IT HANDLES SO WELL AROUND MY 15MPH CORNERS ON THE STREETS OF BUM-VILLE AL'BAMAH!"
I feel like you're one magnAride comment away from letting loose. it's been a while. Love it :)
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I feel like you're one magnAride comment away from letting loose. it's been a while. Love it :)
I've given up totally and just started to calling it "Graduation with honors Ride."

Ut magna corners! Bravo! Euge!

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
It comes down to money, really. If it's in your budget, get the 350. Good things I can say about the GT is that it's a performance bargain with huge aftermarket following. If you enjoy turning wrenches and realize that there is ALWAYS something better or faster out there, you would probably be happy with the GT. The 350 can be a little opposite...many people still make mods and changes because "mustang" but with the 350, you don't really have to...in fact it's easy to change things for the worse..so you might get bored if your car is all of a sudden "complete" the second you pull into your driveway ;)

If you've already spend any amount of money on your car, you might be upside down when it's time to sell or trade, so keep that in mind when factoring in what the move to a 350 will REALLY cost you.

If you need to put your eyes on a 350, I'm over in St. Pete. This is my second R - I could give you a ride but driving it might not happen at this moment since there are only 250 miles on it ;)
Are you keeping the mileage low and not driving it because you eventually want to sell it for a profit?

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
If you can swing it do it. coyote and voodoo are 2 very different animals. I did the upgrade to a new 2016 GT350 and in the first mile I thought to my self yuck my S550 was a hobo car and it was a track pack car super nice clean nothing wrong with it at all but the way the GT350 felt was amazing I could feel the road. then I picked up a 19 R. I thought i drove the car hard on the street.... then I went to the GT350 track attack...... lol not even close to to what the car is capable

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Are you keeping the mileage low and not driving it because you eventually want to sell it for a profit?
Are you fishing for a particular response or did you just assume that I've had the car for more than 10 days and fire off a reply?

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
OP
OP

mpower_ss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate the insight and personal experience. I’m currently looking at a 2017 350GT near me. I pulled the Carfax report and the dealer sent me a copy of the original window sticker and the Oasis report. It’s a one owner car with regular oil change history and service work performed here locally. The Oasis report had a few minor interior issues. And a dead clutch pedal. I’m waiting on more info about the clutch issue. But the report shows they replaced it. This car has 37k on the clock ( kind of a concern). I’ve looked at the car after hours, but haven’t test drove it yet. I would definitely need an extended warranty to help with any potential engine problems. I’m doing as much research and reading as possible to understand the Voodoo. This group has really helped highlight issues, concerns, etc. So again, thanks.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my '15 GT/PP the day after New Year in 2015 and took delivery a few weeks later when the snow had just vanished. I loved it. I still do, especially with the changes I have made (click Mods in my sig if you care to know more). However, when the GT350 broke cover I had a mad case of lust for one and had a twinge of buyer's remorse, but rampant ADMs kept me away.

Still, the GT350 lust persisted, and the markups became less prevalent. Then an acquaintance bought a '17 Magnetic GT350R, and I had a chance to drive it. The exhaust note was incredible, but in normal driving I found it.....somewhat lacking. I enjoyed it, but if any car needed 4.09 or 4.56 axle gears from the factory, this was it. I don't track and probably never will, so I knew much of the special sauce would be lost on me and I remained satisfied with my lowly GT.

Fast forward to today, and I'm tempted to hunt down a HEP GT350. But I remember my impressions of the GT350 and the call for another GT500 is at the forefront now, which is more my thing. I was gung-ho on getting a GT500 prior to Covid destroying everything, but now that I have had many more months to think about it I have begun to question whether it's really worth ~$50K over what I have, given Ford's QC. I'm still pondering ordering a '22, but have another year to consider.

All that said, there's not much wrong with a properly tweaked GT. I've held the pink slip for mine for almost three years and it's got only 9,500 on the clock as of this writing and satisfies the need for weekend hooning perfectly well. Hmm, maybe a couple of turbos.....

Footnote: A Mach 1 was a thought until it was revealed to the public. Meh, not different enough from what I have to seriously consider.
Thanks for the reply and you said it best "a properly tweaked GT" I should have slowed down and really decided what I wanted out of the GT before pouring the $ into it. I learned my lesson with the GT convertible I purchased next and was very happy with the minor adjustments I made. The vert just wasn't the right fit for me or my wife, but I have zero regrets because I was able to experience a vert and know it's advantages and disadvantages. It's all a learning experience. The GT500's pricing it out of control in my opinion, worse that the 350 when they came out. Once I got into the 350 I knew it was the right choice for me; I didn't want the low end grunt, but that's me and my preference. The OP has to make that decision for himself, and sometimes the only way you can do it is just take the leap.... At the worst he will know 100% for sure whether it's for him and can always resell and move into something else...

Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Shelby stated ‘a car makes a name. You can call it anything you want if it’s an exceptional vehicle”. So many want to do upgrades to be as fast as or faster than a Shelby GT350R. They lose a lot of money at resale time . Ford Performance has already outspent you and has had a team to include Billy Johnson and his racing/ analytical talent in development of the GT350R. Also back in 1967 I could have bought a brand new Mustang GT or a used 65 Shelby GT350 ? History always repeats itself. Those that use this wisdom will find their GT350 and enjoy it and keep their resale wallets fat .

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Shelby stated ‘a car makes a name. You can call it anything you want if it’s an exceptional vehicle”. So many want to do upgrades to be as fast as or faster than a Shelby GT350R. They lose a lot of money at resale time . Ford Performance has already outspent you and has had a team to include Billy Johnson and his racing/ analytical talent in development of the GT350R. Also back in 1967 I could have bought a brand new Mustang GT or a used 65 Shelby GT350 ? History always repeats itself. Those that use this wisdom will find their GT350 and enjoy it and keep their resale wallets fat .
Perhaps. But the chevy nova didnt sell nearly as well in spanish speaking countries so im not 100% sold on that either.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my '15 GT/PP the day after New Year in 2015 and took delivery a few weeks later when the snow had just vanished. I loved it. I still do, especially with the changes I have made (click Mods in my sig if you care to know more). However, when the GT350 broke cover I had a mad case of lust for one and had a twinge of buyer's remorse, but rampant ADMs kept me away.

Still, the GT350 lust persisted, and the markups became less prevalent. Then an acquaintance bought a '17 Magnetic GT350R, and I had a chance to drive it. The exhaust note was incredible, but in normal driving I found it.....somewhat lacking. I enjoyed it, but if any car needed 4.09 or 4.56 axle gears from the factory, this was it. I don't track and probably never will, so I knew much of the special sauce would be lost on me and I remained satisfied with my lowly GT.

Fast forward to today, and I'm tempted to hunt down a HEP GT350. But I remember my impressions of the GT350 and the call for another GT500 is at the forefront now, which is more my thing. I was gung-ho on getting a GT500 prior to Covid destroying everything, but now that I have had many more months to think about it I have begun to question whether it's really worth ~$50K over what I have, given Ford's QC. I'm still pondering ordering a '22, but have another year to consider.

All that said, there's not much wrong with a properly tweaked GT. I've held the pink slip for mine for almost three years and it's got only 9,500 on the clock as of this writing and satisfies the need for weekend hooning perfectly well. Hmm, maybe a couple of turbos.....

Footnote: A Mach 1 was a thought until it was revealed to the public. Meh, not different enough from what I have to seriously consider.

Well said, clearly pointing out solid reasoning for owning one over the other.

I came very close to purchasing the 350 over the PP2. Reason was an option I thought was not attainable unless the car was going to be the 350. Lucky for me figured out, it was there the whole time, I misread the web page.

There is nothing wrong with the 350/500s we all can agree there.

Between the GT & 350/500 models the main deal is upkeep, and purpose .

If I were to own another Mustang, I would step up. But would never dump the GT, a refined Mustang with good whoopass.

Think of it this way
GT350/500. Race car DNA
GT PP2 Top tier Mustang, refined DNA

Both owned with pride, driven for fun.

No regrets

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The PP2 is a great car, although I think they should have added the coolers for the track.. the new Mach I - is PP2-2.0
I personally never understood the need for guys to add supercharges to the 350, or lowering springs, exhaust changes, etc.. A lot of engineering design went into it, I just wouldn't mess with modding a 350 unless you have a lot of cash and you want to experiment...

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The PP2 is a great car, although I think they should have added the coolers for the track.. the new Mach I - is PP2-2.0
I personally never understood the need for guys to add supercharges to the 350, or lowering springs, exhaust changes, etc.. A lot of engineering design went into it, I just wouldn't mess with modding a 350 unless you have a lot of cash and you want to experiment...
Because improvements can always be made?

Also..a lot of people like making it more their own
Sponsored