Sponsored

Tough decision, need guidance

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The latest GT's have actually incorporated some of the GT350 line improvements (magneride, etc).

And the tuning compared to a GT350 is embarrassingly bad. It was absolutely tuned more for comfort and road compliance than handling.
Sponsored

kjuy76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kjuy
Vehicle(s)
carolla
I also need suggestions about the trip that was expect to be in the next weak and I need some guidelines about the canoe buying guides that will help me in my trip as well as I use this to guide for other peoples.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Who are these "some people"?
Well..i would assume the people that liked the very comment you quoted.

There are many topics and posts on this very forum expressing the same thing. Its not hard to find someone expressing these feelings on the forum. Sure..there are a lot of people that love their gt350 as well, but then there are others that dont want it to be or arent comfortable with it being their daily driver.

Getting a vehicle with an arguably less reliable engine with a different power band than the coyote is different for a track only car vs a daily driver.

Regardless, i do not need to quote and link you every person on this forum that has expressed these concerns.

I love the gt350, and would maybe consider dailying one. But part of me would also prefer a similarly specced, yet cheaper coyote.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Well..i would assume the people that liked the very comment you quoted.

There are many topics and posts on this very forum expressing the same thing. Its not hard to find someone expressing these feelings on the forum. Sure..there are a lot of people that love their gt350 as well, but then there are others that dont want it to be or arent comfortable with it being their daily driver.

Getting a vehicle with an arguably less reliable engine with a different power band than the coyote is different for a track only car vs a daily driver.

Regardless, i do not need to quote and link you every person on this forum that has expressed these concerns.

I love the gt350, and would maybe consider dailying one. But part of me would also prefer a similarly specced, yet cheaper coyote.
Have you driven a 350 or is this forum as close to one that you've gotten?

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had both, what did he say that was inaccurate in anyway?
People don't buy GT's to sit in the garage so of course it's going to be a DD. GT350's are perfectly fine to DD but some people treasure their masterpiece. GT owners can't say that.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
People don't buy GT's to sit in the garage so of course it's going to be a DD. GT350's are perfectly fine to DD but some people treasure their masterpiece. GT owners can't say that.
There are plenty of people that keep their gt in a garage. Especially a pp2 or a bullitt. The rest of your comments dont really address what i said or disprove them and put you in the last category which is:

Bought the car and thus has biases and will defend it in any way they can even if shown examples otherwise.

Its ok. I dont blame you, and its a nice car. Yes, ive driven a gt350. You act like its some hallmark impossible to find vehicle that anyone who drives it MUST have it. I tested it, a hellcat, a 2ss 1le..a bullitt..and my current mustang before making my decision.

My points i stated above still stand.

Edif: id say MANY people on this forum have a gt as a weekend driver or as a pure track car. Just as many also have it as a DD. your comment made me laugh, it was so elitist its funny.

Either way, i buy my cars to drive them. I would never have a garage queen. So my car will either be a dd, a weekend driver, or for a track. Maybe a mixture of them. But to me buying a car and keeping it in a garage and in perfect condition for the next owner is like never having sex with your gf so she will be better for the next guy. It doesnt make sense to me, so any car i have as a DD ill have to be comfortable with it being my DD. The gt350 was close, but for the price of the ones i found, was not what i chose. The hellcat was the lowest of the list, as were the scatpacks. Gt and 2ss 1le were at the top.

Some people do "collect their car" and garage queen it. Thats fine and what works for them. But saying no GT owners do that is just silly, and the fact your reply to him had nothing to do with what i even said, is even more silly and proof you had no real rebuttal other than your elitist attitude.

Last edited:

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Who are these "some people"?
C'mon now, yes it's perfectly possible to DD a GT350, but to not believe some, or even most people might prefer the coyote/GT for DD is silly. The GT is a normal car built for normal driving. You can hop in it and not have to wait 20 minutes for oil temps. It has actual torque down low so you don't have to rip it at 4k+ RPM's to go up a mild incline. You don't have to worry about scraping the splitter, bedding the brakes. Etc etc etc.

The beauty of a DD is you just hop in it and don't have to think about a damn thing, you just drive it. The GT is all that while also being an incredible performance bang for the buck. It's like top 3 or something in terms of hp/dollar last I checked, maybe even #1 at one point? It's not like it's not fun to drive...

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I see this debate often, the "daily driver" discussion.

It's kinda like saying "I recently purchased a 1 bedroom condo and I'm wondering if I can make it my primary residence or do I need to keep my 3 bedroom house?"

The whole debate is a little nonsensical because what's "acceptable" to one person for daily driving is completely unacceptable to another.

Can you daily drive a drag bike? Sure. It wouldn't be my first choice, but it's possible.

Anything can be daily driven, it just depends on what your needs and circumstances and tolerances are.

Someone who drives 50 miles in stop and go traffic twice a day and has to be able to take small groups of people to lunch or carry lots of gear and equipment and lives in a cold weather area where there's snow 6 months a year might think daily driving a GT350 is a nightmare. Someone who drives 10 minutes to work on the freeway in a warm locale and never sees a passenger let alone back seat passengers, might think the 350 is a great daily driver.

In summary, it's a useless discussion because it's ALL personal preferences and circumstances.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you try to drive your GT350 to work it will immediately shut down and a message from Ford Pass on your infotainment will come on and announce great new deals on a brand new Mustang GT with base suspension and a plush leather interior from 401A Spec.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I love it how in these debates frequently go...GT guys call 350 owners elitist but go on to put themselves over as somehow making the smarter decision by choosing a GT. To each their own but I'm amused by the purchase confirmation arguments that go on from owners of different cars. They might as well be an Ecoboost vs a Supra, lol.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you try to drive your GT350 to work it will immediately shut down and a message from Ford Pass on your infotainment will come on and announce great new deals on a brand new Mustang GT with base suspension and a plush leather interior from 401A Spec.
i get the sarcasm nd point behind this, but we are still straying from the topic where this little conversation came from. I stated some people prefer the coyote over a voodoo for a daily driver. Not that the voodoo couldn't be a daily driver. Then whats his name decided to question who on earth would prefer a coyote over a voodoo as a daily driver.

This stemming of the topic is the equivalent of it digressing to track use gt350 vs gt. It was never the point in the first place. I don't see why he had an issue with the notion that someone has a preference of one over the other for DD use, or any other use, as we all have opinions. But I digress. Some of us don't have anything else to get personally offended over I suppose.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I love it how in these debates frequently go...GT guys call 350 owners elitist but go on to put themselves over as somehow making the smarter decision by choosing a GT. To each their own but I'm amused by the purchase confirmation arguments that go on from owners of different cars. They might as well be an Ecoboost vs a Supra, lol.
you are not reading what has said obviously. I never said my decision was superior. I said that some people prefer the coyote over the voodoo for daily driving. He DID act very elitist by acting like no GT owner in their right mind would ever store their car in a garage, when it obviously does frequently happen. Not everyone that owns a gt350 or gt500 is an elitist, but he was certainly acting like one in multiple replies. If you really think that me saying some people have a preference over the other is me saying its a smarter decision, then I can only recommend reading comprehension classes honestly.
Sponsored