Decision to Make a Tough Decision

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Everyone on this forum I am sure has heard about my agonizing wait of well over six months for my 2019 GT 350 to arrive. As much as this will surprise and possibly disappoint some of you on the forum, I have made the tough decision to part ways with my GT 350. There is nothing at all wrong with the car and I am super impressed with the performance, sound and looks of the car. It is simply stunning.

After all, this being my 15th Mustang, I know the line and I think this is best performing car I have owned. However, I sold a 2012 Convertible GT 500 and my wife and I just simply miss the convertible. I know I will lose a significant amount of money on this car, but when you are writing checks for payments this size, you should be able to get in the car and love every bit of it. I miss the convertible too much. Taking the loss will put me out of the Mustang ownership level for a while, but I will start a search next summer for a convertible GT 500 again.

So, I will still be around the Forum keeping up Bill, Dave, Mike and others I have built a great friendship with, but as of last night, I have made the decision to part ways with the car. If anyone is interested, by all means PM me and we can chat. I know what dealers are getting and not getting for the cars right now, so I am willing to work with the right person. The car is mint and still has the Camber Plates still in the sealed carton, as well as the cover to the car is still in the carton.

I feel like someone punched me in the gut, but again, I have to be able to get in the car and love everything about it. Short of me cutting the roof off, I don't see it happening here. Our weekends are usually spent down at the beach, with the top down, so lets see what happens.

I know I will get my share of ball breaking, but as most of you have noticed I have been scarce on the forum. I have been agonizing over this decision for the last week and again, feel sick to my stomach over it. If anyone out there is contemplating on pulling the trigger on one of these cars, PM me. You won't have a dealer fee, conveyance or any of that other good old fashion aggravation that most of us have incurred.

Thanks for everything, Mark.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Funny thing... my wife hates convertibles... It messes up her hair :)
The only one I ever owned was a E36 M3 , and I could feel the flex in the chassis going around corners and bumps. For me it's only coupe/sedan forever :)

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'd buy now, verts are cheaper this time of year....

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
The heart wants what it wants...And making the wife happy is always a plus.
I was considering selling my GT350 and it was my wife that said that I shouldn’t. It was not because she has any love for the car, but she knew that I would never forgive myself for getting rid of it. And she was right.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
You have to drive what you love and love what you drive ! Verts can never go wrong. I have owned one in my lifetime of owning Mustangs, and it was a blast.

Maybe one day I will revisit the thought again.

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Jim. If I can pull this off, I will be looking for a 13 or 14. Prefer a 14. Thanks again for the leads.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
If you are not 100% happy... then you are doing the right thing!
I wonder how much more difficult this decision would have been if you did not have ride that ridiculous emotional delivery roller coaster?

OP
OP
trafficman337

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
If you are not 100% happy... then you are doing the right thing!
I wonder how much more difficult this decision would have been if you did not have ride that ridiculous emotional delivery roller coaster?
Dave, you bring up a great point. The wait and the emotional roller coaster sucked the life out of me and probably half of the enjoyment attached to the car. I have an appointment tomorrow with my dealer. I am of the thought they will assist me in the sale. Coming into October, I am sure this will not be easy. I will get in touch with you and Bill this weekend. I feel like someone punched me in the stomach.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Mark I think I can relate to knowing I will only be with this car for a short time more. These are dreams, not appliances, whether it is your daily driver, a track star or garage queen. Please find what makes you happy and be grateful for every day you have with it. Days of regret are wasted. That feeling in your gut is not about parting with this car. It is the feeling you will not have the joy you hoped for. Go find that joy - pronto.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Mark I think I can relate to knowing I will only be with this car for a short time more. These are dreams, not appliances, whether it is your daily driver, a track star or garage queen. Please find what makes you happy and be grateful for every day you have with it. Days of regret are wasted. That feeling in your gut is not about parting with this car. It is the feeling you will not have the joy you hoped for. Go find that joy - pronto.
Well put - this is something we have to remind ourselves of sometimes!
Cheers to a good group supporting each other.
Bill
Sponsored