Totaled or no? 2019 GT PP1

Carson5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carson
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
On saturday, just 5 days after getting my car back from the bodyshop after a hit and run, I hydroplaned, hit a tree stump, and hit two more small trees. All the airbags were deployed. Really bummed out as this car was a performance pack 10 speed and I spent over $7k just on interior adding red leather, factory sync 3 w/ nav, and the digital dash. What are your guys opinions on the dash and radio? If it’s totaled, should I leave them in there for insurance to add value or should I take them out? I still have the factory for each. Here are pictures of the accident.

A532390C-EBD2-4476-BF0F-55B115F49F9C.jpeg

A39AFD41-1CEB-47C1-8AE9-8431FFEA64BD.jpeg

0F41CECC-AA80-4632-8CA9-F0132B226F3F.jpeg

9EEB1D0E-8E94-43C1-8BDB-D44A238B325F.jpeg

5A61F8E0-DCD0-4555-8249-97FD31B9E926.jpeg
Sponsored

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Insurance doesn't (typically) give a care about any add ons unless you specifically pay extra to cover them. Pull all that stuff and sell it if the car is totaled.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Absolutely pull it out. Unless you have included these updates as upgrades with a value on your insurance, I don’t think they are covered anyway and you won’t get a dollar towards them.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
pul them now, isn't worth anything in insurance eyes. keep for next car or sell

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Depends on your insurance. When I totaled my 2012 GT my insurance accounted for all my mods. They even gave me a 10 page reporting all the mods with prices and 3 links from sellers for each mod. They actually ended up giving me more than what I paid for it lol

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
totaled 110%

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
She gone.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yep, that's a total...

So as others have said, pull whatever you can as far as upgrades, put the stock stuff back in (if you can) then just sell the parts off to recoup whatever $ you can.

As far as any Owner added upgrades, the Ins. Co. goes by the VIN and that will tell them how the car was equipped for the most part. They might ask if it has XYZ package on it if they can't determine from the VIN. You can tell them you had upgraded this or that, but unless you have receipts for everything added and are ready to battle them for fair market value of those parts, it's a moot point since they're only going by the VIN As Built. They'll use that info and look up the car in either a Red or Black book which will give them current ACV data. If the car still has a loan on it, they'll then determine by using loan payoff and ACV what will be the payout for a total loss claim. If you had GAP coverage IF the car still had a loan, it may help with their calculations.

At least you are ok - cars can be replaced, people can't (not yet anyways).

Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Check your policy coverage. I know some insurances have a flat amount included for modifications. I usually see 3k/5k.

Good luck to you OP, hope you're ok.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
if (when) they total it out. buy it back. You can probably get 10k off selling the powertrain alone.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
if (when) they total it out. buy it back. You can probably get 10k off selling the powertrain alone.
my 15 ecoboost was hit in rear, all it hurt was the bumper, but it did cave it in a little. but they offered me 4k buyback, (18k miles) man I should of kept it.
could of sold engine a few grand, transmission, gears, all the panels was mint, ruby red, premium, every option.

but 4k seemed like a lot! they sold it immediately at auction for 6k I followed it. but I didn't have a place to store the car. it drove perfectly and everything. I really thought it was going to be repaired. oh well

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Really bummed out as this car was a performance pack 10 speed and I spent over $7k just on interior adding red leather, factory sync 3 w/ nav, and the digital dash. What are your guys opinions on the dash and radio? If it’s totaled, should I leave them in there for insurance to add value or should I take them out? I still have the factory for each. Here are pictures of the accident.
After checking your insurance coverage for the add-ins, you'll have to make the call if the difference between what they're offering and what you can get reselling the pieces is worth the effort you're going to have to put in to reinstall the original parts. I can't see the company insisting you leave the mods in if they're not giving you anything for them, but I can see them refusing to accept the car with the mods stripped out and the factory parts loose but uninstalled, as that will hammer any potential auction recovery value they would have.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
What kind of Hit and run damage was done on the first accident?
I just read on your other thread you're only 17.
This car is probably too much for your current driving skills.
get a Mini Van.
Sponsored