Totaled 2019 GT, get 2021 GT?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not sure if you're making a joke, so maybe a "whoosh" moment for me, but the typical description of insurance limits described as 100k/300k/100k generally mean this:
$100k in bodily injury
$300k in total for body injuries per accident
$100k to other people for property damage
yeah, you hit almost anything and that $100K for other people's property goes away real fast and you are left responsible for the rest. I do not recall but I think I have $500K or $1M but this is NY and everything is expensive to hit. Then again, I only pay $1600/yr for the GT.
Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
yeah, you hit almost anything and that $100K for other people's property goes away real fast and you are left responsible for the rest. I do not recall but I think I have $500K or $1M but this is NY and everything is expensive to hit. Then again, I only pay $1600/yr for the GT.
Most people are grossly underinsured when there is bodily harm in an accident though. A friend of mine found out the hard way. Once the insurance runs out they come for the rest in a civil suit and if you're liable, not even the best attorney can keep it from ruining your life.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Most people are grossly underinsured when there is bodily harm in an accident though. A friend of mine found out the hard way. Once the insurance runs out they come for the rest in a civil suit and if you're liable, not even the best attorney can keep it from ruining your life.
Yeah, need an umbrella policy for enough to cover any assets that aren't judgement proof. The bitch when I was starting out was finding a company that would write a $500 umbrella policy.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I was almost killed by a 16 year old who blew a BAC 0.36 (at the hospital). 50 MPH head on, flew over the embankment, down a gulley, and into the surf. Extraction took 40 minutes. By chance I had a state trooper behind me that saw the whole thing. The kid's car actually skidded to a halt and just bumped the bumper of the cruiser. Had the trooper not been there (or had the tide been high), I'd be dead.

Sued the kid of course and sued them for the limits of their insurance policies and no more. I could have easily gone after everything they had and would have got it all. I chose not to.

A kid like that was a drunk, no other explanation for such a high BAC and still be conscious. The parents had to have known the kid drank.

Oh, and he was in a Camry.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I was almost killed by a 16 year old who blew a BAC 0.36 (at the hospital). 50 MPH head on, flew over the embankment, down a gulley, and into the surf. Extraction took 40 minutes. By chance I had a state trooper behind me that saw the whole thing. The kid's car actually skidded to a halt and just bumped the bumper of the cruiser. Had the trooper not been there (or had the tide been high), I'd be dead.

Sued the kid of course and sued them for the limits of their insurance policies and no more. I could have easily gone after everything they had and would have got it all. I chose not to.

A kid like that was a drunk, no other explanation for such a high BAC and still be conscious. The parents had to have known the kid drank.

All I wanted was my medical bills paid but they wouldn't deal with me so I got an attorney and then they had to pay what I wanted plus his fee. In hindsight I was a fool not to get an attorney right away.

Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Right, I was just explaining what those numbers generally mean.
I think I run a 250/500/250 or something along those lines on mine and added decent "under/uninsured" coverage. I just got to a point where I can't trust other drivers to do the right thing. I understand some can't afford more of course.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1

you're a rare breed to not have gone after everything they had and ruined their lives. I mean that in a good way. lucky you made it out alive :rockon:

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'95 Integra, '09 335i, '94 VFR, '04 SV
We live in a world where some people consider the Subaru BRZ fast.
On the most boring roads, it isn't. On the very best roads, in my opinion, it certainly is. Same roads where my 70 hp SV easily keeps up with much "faster" bikes.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
On the most boring roads, it isn't. On the very best roads, in my opinion, it certainly is. Same roads where my 70 hp SV easily keeps up with much "faster" bikes.
I know the brz is a good corner carver. Most owners appreciate the car for what it is. I was more referring to the brz owners that have the same mentality as the scion Tc fart can owners.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'95 Integra, '09 335i, '94 VFR, '04 SV
I know the brz is a good corner carver. Most owners appreciate the car for what it is. I was more referring to the brz owners that have the same mentality as the scion Tc fart can owners.
Ah, got it. I'm using the word "fast" in a very different sense than they are. I certainly don't think the BRZ is fast the same way they do.
Sponsored