Totaled 2019 GT, get 2021 GT?

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
He is probably embarrassed. He needs it though, it might prevent an even bigger accident.
Gen Z-ers aren't capable of feeling embarrassment.
Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
-Nobody needs these cars, we want them.
-Every older person you talk to was once 18 themselves and they are trying to spare you from learning things the hard way as they all did.
-Nobody is jealous of you, we all have the same cars. It's what brought us to this site genius.
-Most importantly, if you want people to take you seriously please use the education you received at our expense and check your grammar.
i have to say you pretty much summed up my thoughts. I bought my 95 GT when i was 16 and sometimes i wonder how i survived 5 years with it, and that was just a sbf 5.0 with a stick and about 190 hp to the wheels. but you can get yourself in trouble quickly really in any car if you're not mature enough to handle it. when i was 18 i probably would have laughed off responses here and gotten mad and said "you're all just jealous" or something stupid like that but no one wants to see lives get ruined for ten seconds of fun that went wrong. just read some article about a kid in FL who got 24 years for killing a mother and kid. that's someone's wife and kid dead now/daughter/sister etc. said driver was doing 102 or something before he hit the brakes- yea, it's not a 1000 hp car but just think how quickly one of these cars gets to 100+. stuff happens too damn fast, dont throw your life away or worse yet, ruin someone else's who had nothing to do with it.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/bays...es-24-year-sentence-to-driver-in-deadly-crash

alright, old man rant off. im 33 and i still have to tell myself to calm down and to not drive like im still 18 and dumb. it's truly not worth it. no one's going to stop you OP from buying another fast car but at least consider the input here, it's not meant to be mean. there's a reason insurance companies charge so much more for younger drivers in hot cars, and it's based on statistics.

regarding your actual question, id probably just get a newer one if you have the funds for it. generally more improvements come out each year, as you're well aware, so why not see what new features are available on the new models. whatever you do, good luck, post up what you get and stay safe.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
No, but that doesn't stop us on here talking for hours when nobody is actually listening !
damn, did i just waste my first post ever responding to a dead thread :cwl:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
damn, did i just waste my first post ever responding to a dead thread :cwl:
They are never dead - just go around in ever decreasing circles until everybody has forgotten what was being discussed, or why and the OP has died of old age or bought a Corvette!

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
They are never dead - just go around in ever decreasing circles until everybody has forgotten what was being discussed, or why and the OP has died of old age or bought a Corvette!
you have a point there!

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150

It's a zombie thread at this point... It's dead but somehow still going

Chad_der_Zombie.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Has the op even came back?
Either got scared, or doesn't care, or was just trolling a bit. My guess is combo of the latter two.

No, but that doesn't stop us on here talking for hours when nobody is actually listening !
Uh, you've just described about 50% of these forums. :D

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Dale Earnhardt wouldn't be impressed by you shouting his name out wrong!

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE OFFICIAL "SPELL CHECKER" ON HERE . WHY DON'TB YOU GET OUT OF YOUR FOLKS BASEMENT AND GET A REAL JOB INSTEAD OF BEING OBSESSED WITH SPELLING. GUESS YOU NEVER MISSED A KEYSTROKE IN YOUR LIFE .WOW ! MORON

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE OFFICIAL "SPELL CHECKER" ON HERE . WHY DON'TB YOU GET OUT OF YOUR FOLKS BASEMENT AND GET A REAL JOB INSTEAD OF BEING OBSESSED WITH SPELLING. GUESS YOU NEVER MISSED A KEYSTROKE IN YOUR LIFE .WOW ! MORON
Quite the charmer you are :giggle:

Of course if I was a moron, I wouldn't be able to spell would I :cwl:

Sponsored

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED

WHERE DO ALL THIS MORONS COME FROM ... YOU MISSED A LETTER IN DALE JR'S NAME . ! YOU USE CAPS {I GOT A REASON FOR THAT } IF YOU DON'T HAVE INFO ABOUT A CAR OR SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS THE WEBSITE KEEP QUITE . AND BY THE WAY THIS {OLD} 71 YR MAN HAS BEEN IN THE AUTO WRECKING YARD /BODY SHOP/WRECKER SERVICE /AUTO REBUILDING BUSINESS FOR 42 YEARS . I'VE OWNED MORE CARS THAN ALL YA'LL PUT TOGETHER . YES MOST WERE WRECKED ,BUT THEY STILL WERE CARS/TRUCKS . THOUGHT I WOULD GET INFO ON HERE . LOOKS LIKE ALL YOU GET ARE PUNKS WITH SMARTA** REMARKS BECAUSE THEY GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY . TO THE IDIOT THAT WANTS ME OFF HIS YARD ...I WOULDN'T VISIT YOUR GOOFY PART OF THE WORLD IF IT WAS A FREE TRIP. WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND MOW THAT YARD INSTEAD OF MAKING STUPID REMARKS ON HERE . ..BEAM ME UP SCOTTY !!! VERY LITTLE INTELLIGENT LIFE DOWN HERE . YEAH ,......I KNOW.. WAAAAY OVER YOUR HEAD
JUNQDAWG

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I know, I am late to the party. but.
The O/P isn't even 18 yet.
O/P talking to you as a life long Petro head.
I was a kid once and had the need for speed. You got lucky the 1st time and walked away from totaling your car.
I would wait, and spend a little of that down payment on a performance driving school class.

I won't tell you not to buy whatever vehicle you want. not my place. But It be wise to learn how to control a performance vehicle at or near it's limits.
Good luck with what ever you do.
I took a performance driving school program. It will help in a big way even in everyday driving. and is well worth it.
At almost 18, it be best to learn before you get into bad habits that are hard to break.

MagicMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike Hunt
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 MT droptop / Race Red
WHERE DO ALL THIS MORONS COME FROM ... YOU MISSED A LETTER IN DALE JR'S NAME . ! YOU USE CAPS {I GOT A REASON FOR THAT } IF YOU DON'T HAVE INFO ABOUT A CAR OR SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS THE WEBSITE KEEP QUITE . AND BY THE WAY THIS {OLD} 71 YR MAN HAS BEEN IN THE AUTO WRECKING YARD /BODY SHOP/WRECKER SERVICE /AUTO REBUILDING BUSINESS FOR 42 YEARS . I'VE OWNED MORE CARS THAN ALL YA'LL PUT TOGETHER . YES MOST WERE WRECKED ,BUT THEY STILL WERE CARS/TRUCKS . THOUGHT I WOULD GET INFO ON HERE . LOOKS LIKE ALL YOU GET ARE PUNKS WITH SMARTA** REMARKS BECAUSE THEY GOT NOTHING BETTER TO SAY . TO THE IDIOT THAT WANTS ME OFF HIS YARD ...I WOULDN'T VISIT YOUR GOOFY PART OF THE WORLD IF IT WAS A FREE TRIP. WHY DON'T YOU GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND MOW THAT YARD INSTEAD OF MAKING STUPID REMARKS ON HERE . ..BEAM ME UP SCOTTY !!! VERY LITTLE INTELLIGENT LIFE DOWN HERE . YEAH ,......I KNOW.. WAAAAY OVER YOUR HEAD
JUNQDAWG
JUNQAWG is back at it! Dying you a wild kid. I know you're hype for taco lunch day at your school but still... you gotta chill out.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
JUNQDAWG
Wow! Cray-cray!
Sponsored