Sponsored

Tire Lettering

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
I know what they say about opinions. But curious what thoughts are about the white lettering they are applying to tires. I've seen some cars I thought they look good on. Wasn't sure how they would look on my Race Red CFTP. Also, are they durable?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would think that youā€˜d have to apply it regularly to keep it looking fresh. Will you be using tire dressing? If so it may turn the lettering brownish if you use an applicator, otherwise it may be best to use a spray and let dry type of tire dressing.

I also think white lettering is more prevalent in the NASCAR and drifting scene. Itā€™s not my cup of tea, but heck, Iā€™ve probably done things to my cars that others donā€™t necessarily like either. I say do it if itā€™s what you like.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
I would think that youā€˜d have to apply it regularly to keep it looking fresh. Will you be using tire dressing? If so it may turn the lettering brownish if you use an applicator, otherwise it may be best to use a spray and let dry type of tire dressing.

I also think white lettering is more prevalent in the NASCAR and drifting scene. Itā€™s not my cup of tea, but heck, Iā€™ve probably done things to my cars that others donā€™t necessarily like either. I say do it if itā€™s what you like.
Could be ok, depending on the letter font and type size

Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Sometimes I look at it and it subconsciously looks sick. Then I think about it and I thinkā€¦ that dudes a poser.
As others have said, itā€™s your car and part of what I love about mustangs is how mine is completely different than the next 10. You do you.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Hard pass for me but like others have said they look good in certain applications.
Dodge wide body for example or your JDM drifter.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
No Thank You. :thumbsdown:

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
For me it's hit or miss, I've seen cars that I liked it on and others not so much. I am old enough to remember back in the mid 90's white lettered tires were fairly popular. We all know fads come and go. I say be a trend setter or do I mean restarter and go for it. You can buy a paint pens to apply, share some photos with us and if you don't like it you can always remove.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
For me it's hit or miss, I've seen cars that I liked it on and others not so much. I am old enough to remember back in the mid 90's white lettered tires were fairly popular. We all know fads come and go. I say be a trend setter or do I mean restarter and go for it. You can buy a paint pens to apply, share some photos with us and if you don't like it you can always remove.
If it's on a race car and on a set of slicks yeah. But the white michelin letters (stickers etc.) Don't look so hot.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
It's dumb. Don't make your $100k car look dumb.

JR

OP
OP

Rochviper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP Race Red
If it's on a race car and on a set of slicks yeah. But the white michelin letters (stickers etc.) Don't look so hot.
Wasn't sure if I liked it or not hence for this post. Decided against it. My car is having ppf installed and the installer asked if I'd like the letters done. He just completed this car.

1654263003909.png

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
White letters were very common on muscle cars in the 60's and 70's. Since that is what I grew up with I still like to see them; just part of the history. All personal preference.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra