Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
A wise man once said... you have got to be be quite an ass-clown to deserve the title of "Twat-Waffle"... but I dare say that our friend "OnThree" has earned that coveted title.... congratulations my friend, your arrogance has earned the accolade... you are worthy of Twat-Waffle .

*COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'll take a stab at that. For a reliable near NA 700 hp, 8600 rpm, mass produced passenger car engine. What do I win ?
You Winnipeg boys have always been pretty sharp! :like: :like:

Not sure if you have ever dealt with Birchwood Ford over the years but I have had a tremendous relationship with them and ended up purchasing my last 2 Base R's (HR019 & JR157) from that dealership and can't say enough about the people that I deal with there and how well they treat me.

Getting back to the 2023 Z06/Z07, no question that Chevrolet has an outstanding new model on their hands and suggest that their 2023 Corvette Z06 will be nominated next Fall and will become the eventual winner of the 2023 Road & Track PCOTY come November 2022.

On the longer term, I hope that all the hard work and dedication that the Chevrolet/Corvette engineering team at Bowling Green has put into their exotic 5.5L FPC engine, that it holds together as it will be put to the test by all kinds of automotive enthusiasts over the next few years and if there is a weak link in that very cool engine it will most certainly be exposed at some point in time.

2017 GT350R and 2018 Civic Type R - 1.jpg

JR157-25 (2).jpg

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
You sound like a fan boy, go cry about it, the gt350 is nothing special
I guess Motor Trend, and all those other car magazines, were totally wrong about the GT350, and knew not what they were talking about. :facepalm:
So in the future, if they lay praise to the Z06, we should discount what they say? :crazy:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you have ever dealt with Birchwood Ford
Their like 15 mins from me. The only credible performance Ford dealership around here. You deal with Desilva ?

Sponsored

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3

Not sure if you have ever dealt with Birchwood Ford over the years but I have had a tremendous relationship with them and ended up purchasing my last 2 Base R's (HR019 & JR157) from that dealership and can't say enough about the people that I deal with there and how well they treat me.

Getting back to the 2023 Z06/Z07, no question that Chevrolet has an outstanding new model on their hands and suggest that their 2023 Corvette Z06 will be nominated next Fall and will become the eventual winner of the 2023 Road & Track PCOTY come November 2022.

On the longer term, I hope that all the hard work and dedication that the Chevrolet/Corvette engineering team at Bowling Green has put into their exotic 5.5L FPC engine, that it holds together as it will be put to the test by all kinds of automotive enthusiasts over the next few years and if there is a weak link in that very cool engine it will most certainly be exposed at some point in time.

JR157-25 (2).jpg
Don’t forget props to Honda as well

JR157-25 (2).jpg
Don’t forget a shout out to Honda. That civic type R in that photo has a flat plane crankshaft also ! 😎

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
One exciting aspect of that new C8 Z06 motor is its placement. Having it right behind your head, will be able to enjoy some great induction and valvetrain noise, that’s missing in my GT350R. That’s a big part of the sound from those porsche GT3 cars as well.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Their like 15 mins from me. The only credible performance Ford dealership around here. You deal with Desilva ?
I have dealt with Brian P. since day one and believe that he has been at Birchwood Ford for over 30 years and is just an outstanding individual to work with. :like: :like:

I have hooked up a couple fellow car buddies with Brian from the GTA as well after which time they secured some R models.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
One exciting aspect of that new C8 Z06 motor is its placement. Having it right behind your head, will be able to enjoy some great induction and valvetrain noise, that’s missing in my GT350R. That’s a big part of the sound from those porsche GT3 cars as well.
Totally agreed with the above but not sure if you have ever experienced a Base R model at 8,250 RPM as those examples do not come with any moisture barrier underlay beneath the carpet and as well do not come equipped with any sound deadener.

Add to that the resonator delete which is standard on all R models, therefore it doesn't get any better than that for an old guy like me!! :rockon:

Sponsored

subject617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
Short said: Amazing, i love how the C8 (and Z06) look, the interior is amazing, the Sound appears to be really refined (in contrast to that screaming GT350) and NA 670hp/8600rpm. I want that.

I would order one if it wouldnt be a financial disaster on my budget.
But 5.5k ownership tax/year for it +insurance, fuel and maintenance and a probably over 170k sticker (2LT C8 is like 140+k) is just... ouch. :(

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'll be searching for an allocation someday lol...
or buy used... they will be for sale eventually...
Until then, maybe Ford brings another car I'd like to buy.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Incredible performance at the price of looks only a mother could love… if she could..

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Incredible performance at the price of looks only a mother could love… if she could..
It's a beautiful car. Makes the S550 look dated and that's hard to do. It's not even close on what level this car is compared to the Mustang platform.

2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-reveal.jpg

2023_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_1.jpg

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I think comparing Corvettes to Mustangs, is like comparing cherries to grapes.
Sponsored