Sponsored

This is why a dashcam is a good idea . . .

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
haha that video...what a cliff hanger
Sponsored

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
It happens. The only safe way to drive nowadays seems to be defensively, expecting that others aren't always paying attention. I heard recently that a person texting is 6x more likely to be in an accident than someone intoxicated. It's a minefield out there, for sure.

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
A lot the time, this stuff happens because people are just in too big of a hurry all the time. They are rushing trying to get home, trying to get back to work etc.. and they don't pay attention. Other times, they are fiddling with something in the car like their phone, when they need to be driving. It causes wrecks all the time and you bet it is irritaing. BUT, that is still no reason to be an idiot and go after the person. You guys that talk about chasing after and kicking someone's butt over a close call need a serious reality check. So, here goes: 1) Rambo was a movie character and you ain't him. 2) Those that go looking to kick someone's butt might just end up getting their own butt kicked. 3) In today's world, trying to confront someone over something like this is a good way to get yourself killed. It ain't worth it.

wag4513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertable
I am happy that when I screw up some one else is paying enough attention to save me. I hope extend the same courtesy to others.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Wanted to share a video from the parking lot at work today. I was skeptical of the dash cam on having any worth, but after my Camaro was crushed in at the parking lot at work and I got the Mustang I decided to get one. Again today a douche bag blew through not even stopping. He missed me by centimeters.

Photobucket degraded the video some, but nonetheless you get the picture and why a dash camera is a good investment.

http://vid1325.photobucket.com/albums/u629/bradherbst1/REC_2015_09_23_16_05_58_F_zpsq8xiz9ic.mp4

Are you going to put a link to the dash cam that you used?

Sponsored

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
According to his post earlier, he used the Thinkware 750 (f750), which is the same one I got. Here's where I got mine: http://thinkware.com/Products/Dashcam/F750.

OP can correct me if he got his somewhere else. Figured I'd jump in since it was sitting here :D
Correct it is the Thinkware f750 bought through the best buy. Also get the Thinkware rear camera and hardwiring

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Correct it is the Thinkware f750 bought through the best buy. Also get the Thinkware rear camera and hardwiring
I got mine at amazon.com. That seems to be Thinkware's preferred outlet.

I have a brand new rear camera for the thinkware F750. I never opened it - I got my rear window tinted (dark) and not sure if it would do me any good at this point to install it. PM.

OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I got mine at amazon.com. That seems to be Thinkware's preferred outlet.

I have a brand new rear camera for the thinkware F750. I never opened it - I got my rear window tinted (dark) and not sure if it would do me any good at this point to install it. PM.
My rear window is tinted also and I have no problem. Not sure on night time though as I haven't had it all that long and don't drive a lot at night after getting home from work.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I'd like a rear one as well, but from my understanding I'd need to mount it up on a roll bar or something for the vert, and I don't really like them.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
wish i could mount cameras in all directions on the car and not have it be super noticable lol.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
wish i could mount cameras in all directions on the car and not have it be super noticable lol.
Seriously man, same here lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Blimey! I thought all you lot in the US drove carefully as you never know who has a gun.

I live in London and the driving here is very aggressive but you have to be wary of the weekends when all the idiots who somehow got licences dare to come out on the roads.

As said before, you have to consider that everyone on the roads are out to get you.

I ride motorbikes too so it's second nature. Cars are so comfortable and easy to drive these days that people tend to switch off and forget that they are piloting a ton and a half of metal that can do a lot of damage.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Blimey! I thought all you lot in the US drove carefully as you never know who has a gun.

Unfortunately people still drive like a bunch of bloody wankers over here!

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
So I got my G1W in today and put it in. Everything works great but it appear all the DC power outlets in the car are always on? I tried the one under the radio/MFT and it seems to be always on and then I moved it to the one in my console and the same thing? Maybe theres a long delay before it cuts power to these?
Sponsored