OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Its hard to believe there are no Bonnet Struts on the Mustang, when we have been spoilt with them - or Spring-Loaded supports on the Falcon for decades!

I bet the $20 eBay Falcon Bonnet Struts would fit, with a set of the connecting nipples. Although the Bonnet is larger than the Falcon, it is Aluminum so I doubt it is any heavier.
I'd just go with the official Ford Performance ones. They can be optioned at the time of purchase and are an official Ford part. Can also be purchased after the fact from many places. Here is one example:
https://www.herrodperformance.com.a...t-kit-w-laser-engraved-ford-performance-logo/
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll be putting the PP2 spoiler on mine if I can get my hands on 1
If you find any sort of deal where there’d be savings in getting more than one, contact me as I want one too. The perfect spoiler, and about the only one that doesn’t have a carbon fiber replica at about a quarter of the price of the factory version :(

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Worst case was 11 - 12 months they are hopeful it might get allocated a bit sooner but still in the Sep/Oct time frame....

The joys of being in the most remote city on the planet by ship :)
In first week in October last year I had phoned at least half a dozen dealers in NSW and got the same response re from ordering to delivery was at least 12 months. So went to a dealer and after a while he agreed to re check the real situation. This turned up 2 convertibles, did not want the fastback, on a boat due to berth at Port Kembla. Only problem was colour which was either Velocity Blue or white. I chose white. The car was delivered when he said it would be at the end of October so had to wait less than a month. Re pricing I got a discount approximately $2k less than the drive away price on the Ford website. Looking for some nice wheels and have had a reupholster job done on the seats.

Back seats.JPG

Front seats (1).jpg

P1040433.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
In first week in October last year I had phoned at least half a dozen dealers in NSW and got the same response re from ordering to delivery was at least 12 months. So went to a dealer and after a while he agreed to re check the real situation. This turned up 2 convertibles, did not want the fastback, on a boat due to berth at Port Kembla. Only problem was colour which was either Velocity Blue or white. I chose white. The car was delivered when he said it would be at the end of October so had to wait less than a month. Re pricing I got a discount approximately $2k less than the drive away price on the Ford website.
You are 1 lucky VERT owner...congrats :)...Zero GTs in Blue anywhere other than a couple 2nd hand ones $10k more than the RRP...tell Ă©m they are dreaming lol

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
You are 1 lucky VERT owner...congrats :)...Zero GTs in Blue anywhere other than a couple 2nd hand ones $10k more than the RRP...tell Ă©m they are dreaming lol
Coincidentally a friend wanted to buy a Triton dual cab. He had rung around and got similar results to the Mustang and the earliest he could get one was around May. I went to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer and located one in the colour he wants and got a very good deal. I belive that there was some factory discount running at the time, anyway he his pleased

Reactions: PKs

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Coincidentally a friend wanted to buy a Triton dual cab. He had rung around and got similar results to the Mustang and the earliest he could get one was around May. I went to the nearest Mitsubishi dealer and located one in the colour he wants and got a very good deal. I belive that there was some factory discount running at the time, anyway he his pleased
Your car yards a different to mine in WA....zero everywhere :(

Sponsored
OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
It's clear by the drop in mustang sales that consumer demand has dropped, there is no traction on "market price", no traction on DMA, build to order traction and volume is low, plus rental car orders are lagging.

May have to wait until 2023 then the S650 is an option at which point S550 prices will collapse, unless it's GT500, M1 or Ecoboost, especially with high price gas.
Australia is a very different market to the US.

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Maybe Aus is different from every other global market that all have same supply demand dynamics...waiting is the best plan!
In Aus we dont have the GT500 or the GT350. We just have the Ecoboost and GT. We are almost always last in line to receive the attention as well because we are a small market. If production of the S650 starts in March next year, my money would be on the S650 only reaching Australian shores by 2024. You might be able to place orders for a S650 next year, but I'm fairly sure you'll only get the car in 24.

Pair this with the fact that the S650 is an unknown quantity at the moment. You might like the car or you might not. It may be reliable or it may have some teething issues to be worked out in the first year. Of course these things will be worked out in time.
Having lost multiple family members during the pandemic, one thing that became clear to me is that tomorrow is not a given and to make the most of every moment. I can always sell the S550 in two or three years and buy an S650 if I want to. For now, I'm excited for my S550 to be built and to take ownership of it. Its a great car that is very well sorted and is a known quantity.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Australia is a very different market to the US.
Agreed. I didnt go out looking for a Mustang, I went out looking for a manual V8 that looked and sounded good. I also wanted something under 3 years old, to get more recent infotainment. It was the Mustang or a Camaro (latter quite a bit more). The holden and ford other offerings were getting a bit long in the tooth, the utes in particular were getting very expensive.

As far as I know, the Mustang is the only new manual petrol v8 car sold in Australia. I think the vantage is now offered as a manual but probably a special order.

But I digress, what I was meaning is that the Mustang is in a niche over here, I think (hope) there will always be a market for a v8, and particularly a manual v8.
Sponsored