Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey guys,

Firstly, great forum section!

Never thought I'd be thinking about ordering a Mustang as I went out to buy a used 981 Cayman, but after a test drive of both auto and manual V8 Mustangs. I'm a bit hooked on a manual.

So. I'm after a Manual, Red V8 with Recaros, Magnaride and blacked out badges. After going through Ford's stock list at the dealers it appears I'm going to have to order a car and wait for it to be built.

After seeing the B&O stereo upgrade and rev matching for the Manual in the MY19's it appears it would be prudent to order one of those. I'll source another set of wheels and tyres whilst I'm waiting

Couple of questions,
- I presume if I order soonish I'll naturally get a my19 as the US guys on youtube seem to be receiving the my19's currently.

- I'd also like a rear spoiler and a short shift kit installed, if I include these in the order will they be fitted at time of production or at the dealers? I'd naturally prefer these to be fitted as the car is made as it hopefully stops the dealership service department stuffing up things.

- Whats the timeframe from ordering to delivery? I've been quoted around 3 months, sound right?

- My local dealer seems fine but are running the no discount line, if I'm spending $80k I'd like to think i would get at least $5k off the top. Is there a Sydney or NSW regional dealer that is better than the normal take it or leave it I seem to be running into?
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I ordered at the end of Feb and will receive an MY19 at the beginning-middle of next month (6-7 month delivery from order). They're either underestimating the delivery time frame to get the sale (most likely), or they have a cancelled order with those exact specs coming in that they're going to allocate to you.

Dealers can't order Recaros for floor stock (I've been told by a dealer), so you will have to place an order and sit in the queue.

The spoiler will be fitted at the factory but the short shifter is an aftermarket installed item, so up to you whether you want the dealer service department pulling apart the car.

As for discounts, you will be hard pressed to find any willing to budge. Just tell them you're willing to put the money on the table today for $X. If they don't want to play ball, on to the next one.

OP
OP

Daz7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered at the end of Feb and will receive an MY19 at the beginning-middle of next month (6-7 month delivery from order). They're either underestimating the delivery time frame to get the sale (most likely), or they have a cancelled order with those exact specs coming in that they're going to allocate to you.
We went through the dealers stock coming in and stock available online and there just wasn't anything in those specs. So I don't think it's a cancelled order making them state those delivery dates.

Have had two different dealerships quote the 3 month timeframes, I'd be pretty peeved to be told that and it run out to 6-7 months. Not that it matters but you'd prefer to know upfront what you're going to be dealing with.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No way it'd be that soon as suggested. I'm not even sure if we'll have our first batch of MY19 landing in 3months time? Definitely not a later batch.

If you're interested I can highly recommend Tarra Motors in Bega NSW. I used to live in Southern Sydney and ordered my previous car through them. I was referred as they were a sponsor of the XR5 forums and Goody (Goodrun) was an absolute Gem and she looked after me and a few other members. If you're keen to speak to others then definitely give her a call. Ask for Goodrun Stylianou and tell her Joshua who bought his XR5 back in 2010 put you in contact and said you looked after him. Hopefully she remembers me, it's been a few years but i'm sure she'll remember the Black & Yellow XR5 :like:

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yeah no chance then. It takes 2.5-3 months from build to delivery, and there is no hope in hell that it will be built immediately after you order it. Mine was built 4 months after order. Let's not even mention time frames for my MY16 lol.

@Hornet, MY19s (including mine) are on ships already, some will be here in the next couple of weeks. Mine is due at Port Kembla August 30.

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No way, really?! I was convinced they were still months away since i didn't think they started building them till June! That's awesome. Gosh i wonder if it's going to hit the resale of MY18 in any way even though they too really just landed

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
I'd also like a rear spoiler and a short shift kit installed, if I include these in the order will they be fitted at time of production or at the dealers? I'd naturally prefer these to be fitted as the car is made as it hopefully stops the dealership service department stuffing up things.
The spoilers when I ordered my MY17 was to be fitted by the dealer. I had asked if the factory stripes would go over the spoiler and was told that they wouldn't because the spoiler was installed locally.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hey guys,

Firstly, great forum section!

Never thought I'd be thinking about ordering a Mustang as I went out to buy a used 981 Cayman, but after a test drive of both auto and manual V8 Mustangs. I'm a bit hooked on a manual.

So. I'm after a Manual, Red V8 with Recaros, Magnaride and blacked out badges. After going through Ford's stock list at the dealers it appears I'm going to have to order a car and wait for it to be built.

After seeing the B&O stereo upgrade and rev matching for the Manual in the MY19's it appears it would be prudent to order one of those. I'll source another set of wheels and tyres whilst I'm waiting

Couple of questions,
- I presume if I order soonish I'll naturally get a my19 as the US guys on youtube seem to be receiving the my19's currently.

- I'd also like a rear spoiler and a short shift kit installed, if I include these in the order will they be fitted at time of production or at the dealers? I'd naturally prefer these to be fitted as the car is made as it hopefully stops the dealership service department stuffing up things.

- Whats the timeframe from ordering to delivery? I've been quoted around 3 months, sound right?

- My local dealer seems fine but are running the no discount line, if I'm spending $80k I'd like to think i would get at least $5k off the top. Is there a Sydney or NSW regional dealer that is better than the normal take it or leave it I seem to be running into?
I would steer clear of anyone offering 3 months delivery. It is around 3 months from build to delivery (in my case) and that assumes there is no existing production list. As you said, it doesn't really matter, as long as you know the truth up front. The anticipation is worth the wait. From someone that waited over 12 months and tracked it all the way from the factory across the Pacific.

I got mine from Peter Warrens at Warwick Farm and had no trouble. Always a little bit conservative in what they promised and always managed to exceed the expectation. My preferred way of doing things.

As for price, I don't see anyone offering much in the way of discounts. Once again, demand in ahead of supply and until the end of model runout you won't get much. At the price they are, I think they are great value.

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST, MY19 Mustang GT (Race Red, Manual, Fastback) - Australian Delivery
I can confirm that it is 3 months from BUILD date to Delivery.
The car exists, it just takes 90 days from Factory, on train, to docks, on boat, to Oz, to clearance yard, to dealer, to home.
If you order it NOW, you will queue for 4 months to get a build date, so a 7 month wait is a good ball park figure - (So FEB 2019 in this case - Still some summer left)!
Spoiler is an option, but OTT Stripes go under this (on review photographs).
Short shifter is aftermarket.

Mate, I'd love to get a 6.25% discount, but it just isn't going to happen.
You will pay sticker price every day.
With ALL the option boxes ticked, the latest gearbox and sound, you are getting the NEW model. There's no run-out deals on that.

Besides, as a few others have mentioned, at $80k, its a Bargain!
Nothing else available in the market place comes close to competing on the package and value.
All the best with your decision.
Al.

OP
OP

Daz7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks guys,

Another thing, how accurate have you found drive away build pricing on the Ford site?

Just I'm finding the dealers pricing quite a bit different (read up to a few thou, more exxy).

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I can confirm that it is 3 months from BUILD date to Delivery.
The car exists, it just takes 90 days from Factory, on train, to docks, on boat, to Oz, to clearance yard, to dealer, to home.
If you order it NOW, you will queue for 4 months to get a build date, so a 7 month wait is a good ball park figure - (So FEB 2019 in this case - Still some summer left)!
Spoiler is an option, but OTT Stripes go under this (on review photographs).
Short shifter is aftermarket.

Mate, I'd love to get a 6.25% discount, but it just isn't going to happen.
You will pay sticker price every day.
With ALL the option boxes ticked, the latest gearbox and sound, you are getting the NEW model. There's no run-out deals on that.

Besides, as a few others have mentioned, at $80k, its a Bargain!
Nothing else available in the market place comes close to competing on the package and value.
All the best with your decision.
Al.
Need to factor in Mustang depreciation. GTs $70k a year ago now retailing on Carsales sub $50k. At Ford dealers, new car warranty.

Not sure new FN will also experience 25% to 30% depreciation in first year; ABS report sports car market segment down 40% in July. Sounds like yours is MY19 update.

Also inevitable speculation/anticipation of 2020 car - know by then if US engine failures are few disgruntled You.tube owners or endemic problem.

Yet to see if oil cooler and air conditioning issues rectified in upgrade.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Daz there's a red 2018 manual GT in Sydney on Carsales at the moment....in stock, $67,990 drive away. I couldn't get one down here that cheap.

No Recaros and no Magneride, but it's cheap, local, and ready to roll :). You won't miss the Recaros, and the stock shockers ride pretty well.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
IMO don't settle for less than what you want. If you're looking at magride then you're interested in handling, and stock PP mustangs don't handle well regardless, they need all the help they can get.

I agree Recaros are a personal choice, and you lose the heated/cooled functionality that some people love

OP
OP

Daz7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm sticking out for Recaros as I couldn't get that comfy in both Mustangs I've test driven, however sat in a Recaro equipped car and instantly felt at home.

Magnaride I've never experienced but hear good things, so if I have to order may as well throw it in.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
I have Recaro's and Magneride and find both excellent.
I had driven a 2017 with standard seats for 2 weeks and did not find them as comfortable or supportive.
Sponsored