OP

Daz7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After questioning I'm now informed expect 5 months from order. However, that could be a month or so more as it's out of their control, which it is.

So asked for a price, informed I'd get a call today, which at this point I haven't received :)
Sponsored

gumbi_18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2011 Falcon XR6 Turbo
After questioning I'm now informed expect 5 months from order. However, that could be a month or so more as it's out of their control, which it is.

So asked for a price, informed I'd get a call today, which at this point I haven't received :)
I put money down on a 19 GT Auto last Saturday with a dealer in Sydney and was told best case delivery would be December. But more likely to be delivered in Jan/Feb. So 7 months time frame roughly.

Its going to be long nervous wait...

OP
OP

Daz7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can I ask what dealer? the one I went to still hasn't called me back with pricing.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Can I ask what dealer? the one I went to still hasn't called me back with pricing.
They're dicks aren't they.

Sponsored

Madlanc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Madison
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Accord, 2019 Mustang GT
I ordered mine on 9/7/18 and got the email saying it was built last Wednesday 8/8/18. I think the dealership already had one on order and just changed the colour for me, because that seems really quick from what I've heard from others (3+ months to build.)

Anyone know how much longer I can expect from here? I'm guessing 5-7 weeks.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I ordered mine on 9/7/18 and got the email saying it was built last Wednesday 8/8/18. I think the dealership already had one on order and just changed the colour for me, because that seems really quick from what I've heard from others (3+ months to build.)

Anyone know how much longer I can expect from here? I'm guessing 5-7 weeks.
10-14 from build to delivery I'd say. Mine will be 10, haven't heard of any quicker than that, plenty slower though

robsilveri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mach 1, 18 GT
G'day all. This seems like the right subject to post this question.

I have a fairly original 1969 Mustang Mach 1 built January 1969. I thought it would be cool to have a MY19 GT as a 50 year tribute to the Mach 1. (I gave up hope on an official factory 50 year tribute Mach 1).

What do forum members think the chances of being able to order a car specifying a Jan 19 build date? Also, when should I order it?

Plan is for MY19 GT 6-speed, Magnaride in Race Red

prb74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT, PRB clubman
Hey guys,

Firstly, great forum section!

Never thought I'd be thinking about ordering a Mustang as I went out to buy a used 981 Cayman, but after a test drive of both auto and manual V8 Mustangs. I'm a bit hooked on a manual.

So. I'm after a Manual, Red V8 with Recaros, Magnaride and blacked out badges. After going through Ford's stock list at the dealers it appears I'm going to have to order a car and wait for it to be built.
Hey Darryl, good choice - you must have got good advice somewhere...
You'll get good at the 6 -> 3 downchange pretty quickly.
Standard suspension is actually pretty good if you get stuck with it, the stock tires are crap, but the PP suspension makes it all nice and controllable. It's still a heavy car though.
Heated and cooled seats are OK, but the recaros would definitely be a big improvement. I didn't get the option.

Mike

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stock tyres on 2018+ should me Michelin Pilot Sport 4S?

They're miles ahead of the Pirelli PZero. I had a set installed on the rear over the weekend. I run 295 wide rather than 275 wide of stock, however they'll still be grippy tyres especially if sensible. The Pirelli's had a habit of letting go even when nannying if the road/tyres were cold or wet.

StefD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing yet
Michelins are stock tyres yes. Another one to consider is the Nitto Invos? I had them on my old XR5 previously and was a big fan.

Also Hi Josh!

StefD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing yet
Well I do still work for a Ford dealer hahaha... Plus I am a Mustang fan boy. I do get to drive one home now and again which is nice!

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sweet cars aye. The only car that was suitable to fill the void after i sold the XR5. I was convinced i'd go without a fun car for years till i stumbled on them. Tried WRX, RS etc, they all bored me.
Sponsored