bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have done a fair bit of reading so far. I've just sold my S1000RR and am thinking of getting a Stang as a replacement toy. Sounds like the waiting list is fairly long. I'm considering a '22 CS in Atlas Blue.

Still need to make up my mind between manual or auto. Wish I had enough money for one of each! ;-)

It doesn't sound like there is much negotiating to be done on the price with the current shortages and waiting lists. Is this true?

Any benefit in trying to go via a car broker instead?

Looking forward to hearing some opinions on this.

Bfets
Sponsored

Last edited:

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
S1000RRs are fun.. 😁

35139986575_2298f97b26_o-1-240x240.jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
G'day Stef welcome to Mustangs. Re manual vs auto my 2c is to drive both several times, I was fairly set on an auto (A6 then)until I drove a manual and found it to be a vastly different feeling car and more to my liking. Mine is a weekender and obviously intended purpose plays a part in the decision. The A10 is apparently superb and IMHO should definitely be tested.

Shortages aren't going to end any time soon due to either Covid or chips so new prices are destined to stay high, demand is exceeding supply for most car brands particularly the popular niches like Mustang. There's an obvious flow on effect to used prices but you might find someone wanting to move a car quite quickly, the trick will be to know what you're looking for so you can pounce if something does come up.

I'm not that familiar with brokers but haven't heard much good, you can only try and see if they deliver provided it doesn't cost you anything to ask the question.

Good luck.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have done a fair bit of reading so far. I've just sold my S1000RR and am thinking of getting a Stang as a replacement toy. Sounds like the waiting list is fairly long. I'm considering a '22 CS in Atlas Blue.

Still need to make up my mind between manual or auto. Wish I had enough money for one of each! ;-)

It doesn't sound like there is much negotiating to be done on the price with the current shortages and waiting lists. Is this true?

Bfets
The 10 Speed Auto has Manual Override, with various Drive Modes and Paddle Shift, and adapts to your driving style, however you can get RSI going down through the gears to 5th (LOL).

I am also looking at ordering a MY22 in Atlas Blue, although I would have preferred the now discontinued Velocity Blue.

My dilemma is in choosing between a GT and C/S as there are both positives & negatives.
The Negatives (for me at least) for the C/S are (i) the crass Fake Side Air Brakes.......eeerrr "Scoops" (ii) Deleted Pony from front Grille (iii) Miko "Suede" Seats. (iv) Retro Mag Wheels

The other concern is if our Aus Spec' cars are also affected by the US Host cars 10Hp Reduction from Biden's new EPA environmental laws.

Regarding Brokers, you can usually benefit with significant savings, and it doesn't hurt to make a few phone calls and sound them out, and check reviews. (although as a former Finance Broker I could be biased lol)

Last edited:

Sponsored

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I've got the auto. While it is an excellent box, and performs exceptionally well, it does get boring driving it. There is no doubt the auto box will smash the manual in 0-100, but I'm not racing anyone and I wish I got the manual. Just throwing a spanner into the works here lol. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Maybe buy a slightly used car (if they are cheaper) and use the difference between old and new to mod it a bit?
Yup. Find one you like with low mileage, test it closely, save a ton and start driving asap. And unlike with new cars the next day after the purchase it will not have depreciated thousands. The internet makes it easy to shop preowned. The wait alone could kill you. Get one now.

prestj1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 TBD
Hi all,

Bfets
I ordered my Atlas Blue GT with the 6 speed in Nov...now the wait continues :(...Dont like the look of the CS...but each to their own.

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Maybe buy a slightly used car (if they are cheaper) and use the difference between old and new to mod it a bit?
The current used market is crazy. 2018 Models sell for 5-10k less than brand new ones. As it stands now, I'll rather just buy new.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
The 10 Speed Auto has Manual Override, with various Drive Modes and Paddle Shift, and adapts to your driving style, however you can get RSI going down through the gears to 5th (LOL).

I am also looking at ordering a MY22 in Atlas Blue, although I would have preferred the now discontinued Velocity Blue.

My dilemma is in choosing between a GT and C/S as there are both positives & negatives.
The Negatives (for me at least) for the C/S are (i) the crass Fake Side Air Brakes.......eeerrr "Scoops" (ii) Deleted Pony from front Grille (iii) Miko "Suede" Seats. (iv) Retro Mag Wheels

The other concern is if our Aus Spec' cars are also affected by the US Host cars 10Hp Reduction from Biden's new EPA environmental laws.

Regarding Brokers, you can usually benefit with significant savings, and it doesn't hurt to make a few phone calls and sound them out, and check reviews. (although as a former Finance Broker I could be biased lol)
I'm still deciding between the CS and the standard GT as well. Same as you, I also dont like those fake vents. Another concern is the suede seats. I'm not sure how well they would age compaired to leather. The one thing I do like is that it looks a little different. The Mustang is now common in Aus and having one that is a little more unique is appealing. I guess that can be covered off by some other aftermarket things like stripes etc on the standard car. I'm in two minds about this.

I read somewhere that the HP reduction is for US cars only. See this link:
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/mustang-gt-and-mach-1-power-decrease-2022

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
G'day Stef welcome to Mustangs. Re manual vs auto my 2c is to drive both several times, I was fairly set on an auto (A6 then)until I drove a manual and found it to be a vastly different feeling car and more to my liking. Mine is a weekender and obviously intended purpose plays a part in the decision. The A10 is apparently superb and IMHO should definitely be tested.

Shortages aren't going to end any time soon due to either Covid or chips so new prices are destined to stay high, demand is exceeding supply for most car brands particularly the popular niches like Mustang. There's an obvious flow on effect to used prices but you might find someone wanting to move a car quite quickly, the trick will be to know what you're looking for so you can pounce if something does come up.

I'm not that familiar with brokers but haven't heard much good, you can only try and see if they deliver provided it doesn't cost you anything to ask the question.

Good luck.
I am planning on driving both as you suggest. I will use the car to drive to work probably twice a week. So there will be some heavy traffic situations. This obviously makes the auto a better choice, but my heart loves a good manual.
I've heard that some people had issues with the MT82 gearbox. I wonder if thats been fixed with the newer MT82D's in the 18's and onwards. I havent seen many issues reported in Australia so it makes me wonder if those people having issues abused the box's or maybe its on cars with more HP.

OP
OP

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I ordered my Atlas Blue GT with the 6 speed in Nov...now the wait continues :(...Dont like the look of the CS...but each to their own.
May I ask how much you ended up paying and when the ETA is?