Sponsored

Thinking about Switching to a Whipple. Thoughts?

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes the 18 up truck manifold with a procharger. This manifold N/A likes to shift at 7100 and gives a huge torque boost up to 5500 RPM. The midrange with a procharger should bump the TQ quite a bit and the top end boost should carry out to 7500 or so.

At least that is my theory, would love to test it.

EDIT

You are hurting yourself with the gen2 manifold. The GT350 is a proven performer and your current tune will run it. But this will want to rev out to 8000 +
Interesting. πŸ‘
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
18up truck manifolds are pretty much free. I think I threw one away a few months ago.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely correct and thanks for chiming in. I was very fortunate to have purchased the car already built by sarasota 707 performance shop with about 9k miles it was a gem of a find.

That's kinda why I would love to get into a whipple car before making the decision. The closes thing I recall being driven in was a Terminator cobra that had the stock KB and it was menacing. The procharger is just too tamed, not as fun although its not a terrible set up and definitely does the job πŸπŸπŸ˜‰πŸ‘Š
I have a '03 Terminator with a whipple 2.9L. and earlier post are right instant torq. i have have a gen 2 and now have a gen 3 Bullitt and have not driven or been in one with a whipple so I can't say what to expect, but Whipple has always been my choice

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Leave your big ass pulley alone. Just get those weird round tail lights, window louvers and go ahead and throw a kn sticker at it. It won't make it any faster but most the clowns will think it is.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Leave your big ass pulley alone. Just get those weird round tail lights, window louvers and go ahead and throw a kn sticker at it. It won't make it any faster but most the clowns will think it is.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Another individual who always try's to start crap with others, by telling them just how smart they are and how they are the only ones anyone should listen to?
As a Wise, Funny Little Man who owned a Chocolate Factory once said, "Your Funny" !! LOL

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Def my bro. Well said, grateful to all for the input. Keep it coming πŸ˜… πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ‘Š
If you would, give an update to let us know how it turned out. Theirs some great advice from owners with the same delima. For me, If all I wanted was "MORE" TQ, I would probably go the least expensive route first with parts I knew I could sell if I decided to go another route. Good Luck

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Another individual who always try's to start crap with others, by telling them just how smart they are and how they are the only ones anyone should listen to?
As a Wise, Funny Little Man who owned a Chocolate Factory once said, "Your Funny" !! LOL
Only one trying to start crap is you Doug I just posted some light humor to make the op laugh while things were getting heated. And I never said anyone should listen to this suggestion... Clearly it was a joke.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If you would, give an update to let us know how it turned out. Theirs some great advice from owners with the same delima. For me, If all I wanted was "MORE" TQ, I would probably go the least expensive route first with parts I knew I could sell if I decided to go another route. Good Luck
Will do, as it stands Procharger is sending me a 4.25" pulley and belt. Tuner (Wengered Performance) said No retune required however waiting for him to reply for at least a datalog or 2 to ensure fueling is πŸ‘Œonce installed. Thanks to all for good feedback and @SolarFlare for this viable and cost effective suggestion. At the end of the day car is more for the occasional "Street Fun" than back in the garage πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜† Keep you posted! πŸ‘Š

Sponsored
OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Only one trying to start crap is you Doug I just posted some light humor to make the op laugh while things were getting heated. And I never said anyone should listen to this suggestion... Clearly it was a joke.
It's all good guys! Bigger things to worry about. Anyone down for a good ol' bar fight? πŸ€¨πŸ˜‚

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
Either way if you have the opportunity put E85 on it, with free flowing exhaust and throw 10-12 pounds of boost. Should be safe for the most part and will feel like a totally different car.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Either way if you have the opportunity put E85 on it, with free flowing exhaust and throw 10-12 pounds of boost. Should be safe for the most part and will feel like a totally different car.
Thing is I don't daily the car and if it sits well we all know it isn't the best and finding stations that provide it can be challenging or you need to plan ahead. Knowing me, Im sure it will eventually happen πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜† thanks πŸ‘

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Miami doesn't have flex fuel available?