Sponsored

Thinking about Switching to a Whipple. Thoughts?

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Dont get me wrong I hit it hard here and there but its not a normal thing for me. I just finally broke in my RXT Mcleod which now it grips like hell (I know, careful with the Trans, whole other issue 🤦‍♂️😆)
I'd pulley down to whatever your tuner is comfortable with before spending money on an upgrade. Just an odd approach to go with a bigger blower if you're not using the one you have. Kinda like having a coyote and not revving it, oh wait.. haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'd pulley down to whatever your tuner is comfortable with before spending money on an upgrade. Just an odd approach to go with a bigger blower if you're not using the one you have. Kinda like having a coyote and not revving it, oh wait.. haha
🤨 after that comment my main objective going forward will be to destroy my opg and everything else in between 😂😂😂 Im a strange cat bro.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Carlos. Make decisions based on what you want to do, not what another owner is trying to tell you what you should do. This forum is good for passing on help and recommendations, but some people beat their opinion to death sometimes trying to get others to change their mind and do what they feel they should do. At the end of the day, it is your money, and what you can afford or willing to spend. Everyone has chimed in with their opinions enough so hopefully you can make a decision based on what your wants/needs and financial limits are. Good Luck with your project.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Carlos. Make decisions based on what you want to do, not what another owner is trying to tell you what you should do. This forum is good for passing on help and recommendations, but some people beat their opinion to death sometimes trying to get others to change their mind and do what they feel they should do. At the end of the day, it is your money, and what you can afford or willing to spend. Everyone has chimed in with their opinions enough so hopefully you can make a decision based on what your wants/needs and financial limits are. Good Luck with your project.
Def my bro. Well said, grateful to all for the input. Keep it coming 😅 👍💪👊

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Damn man don't tell him what to do, let him make his own decisions.

LOL jk

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Damn man don't tell him what to do, let him make his own decisions.

LOL jk
At the end of the day, My Money is my money, your money is your money, and the other guys money is his money. That is unless someone else offers to pay. LOL.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
sir, you have over 200 threads on this forum started by you and you’ve only been here since 2020. If there was a person who does based on what people say it’s you. You’ve been debating here whipple or ess for at least a year. Please sit down. The people with coyote, procharger and whipple experience are making suggestions. 2 people are suggesting a $200 investment so see if there’s a fix to his problem…..I see no fault with that logic….if it’s wrong then he can still go spend 11k on a whipple.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Easy now! I am always down for a good ass debate and bar fight (im part irish) 😂 I enjoy everyone's opinion and experience. As it stands the smaller pulley does make the most sense and possibly dollars $$ I think that my initial pulley swap was a waste (4.74 to a 4.63 🤷‍♂️)

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Easy now! I am always down for a good ass debate and bar fight (im part irish) 😂 I enjoy everyone's opinion and experience. As it stands the smaller pulley does make the most sense and possibly dollars $$ I think that my initial pulley swap was a waste (4.74 to a 4.63 🤷‍♂️)
Try a smaller pulley, if it doesn't meet your needs then open that wallet!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
You could also try the MAK inlet and see if tuner can optimize cam timing in lower to midrange areas. What intake manifold do you have? Some have tried the 18up truck manifold and state there are low rpm gains to be had. @K4fxd

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
How about I’ll do you one better….I will give you a pulley and a belt. You give me 200. If you don’t like it you bring it pulley and belt back and I’ll give you your money back. No cost to you but your time to test it.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Some have tried the 18up truck manifold and state there are low rpm gains to be had.
Personally I'd love to try this with a procharger.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
How about I’ll do you one better….I will give you a pulley and a belt. You give me 200. If you don’t like it you bring it pulley and belt back and I’ll give you your money back. No cost to you but your time to test it.
This is a great offer

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Personally I'd love to try this with a procharger.
Try what? The Mani? My mani is stock for 2016. This car was purchased basically in brand new condition with only the PC and Magnaflow install everything else is bone stock. Ive made a few changes to support what it currently has.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Try what? The Mani?
Yes the 18 up truck manifold with a procharger. This manifold N/A likes to shift at 7100 and gives a huge torque boost up to 5500 RPM. The midrange with a procharger should bump the TQ quite a bit and the top end boost should carry out to 7500 or so.

At least that is my theory, would love to test it.

EDIT

You are hurting yourself with the gen2 manifold. The GT350 is a proven performer and your current tune will run it. But this will want to rev out to 8000 +
Sponsored