Sponsored

Thinking about Switching to a Whipple. Thoughts?

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My current setup is a manual 2016 PP with a Stage 2 P1sc1 Prochrager. Thinking about switching to the Baddest whipple available for my application. Thoughts?

Anyone is the Miami area that has a manual 5.0 with a whipple that can take me for a spin?

Lastly, My procharger stage 2 has about 10k miles on it (baby miles) what would be the resale for this setup in case I decide on switching/selling? Not looking for a trade either...

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Usually the case, I guess my "wanting" not so much thr gain in HP but the fun factor in the new and different setup. Centri blower lives so on top and with the manual it comes and goes so quick. 👍👊

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
One thing to consider is, there is a big difference where the torque comes in. Your current set up has the peak torque come in later in the RPM range. The Whipple has the torque come in sooner in the RPM band. How your car behaves now, will be totally different with the Whipple. Since the FI systems for our cars is expensive, the wrong choice can be costly.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Absolutely correct and thanks for chiming in. I was very fortunate to have purchased the car already built by sarasota 707 performance shop with about 9k miles it was a gem of a find.

That's kinda why I would love to get into a whipple car before making the decision. The closes thing I recall being driven in was a Terminator cobra that had the stock KB and it was menacing. The procharger is just too tamed, not as fun although its not a terrible set up and definitely does the job 🏁🏁😉👊

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Absolutely correct and thanks for chiming in. I was very fortunate to have purchased the car already built by sarasota 707 performance shop with about 9k miles it was a gem of a find.

That's kinda why I would love to get into a whipple car before making the decision. The closes thing I recall being driven in was a Terminator cobra that had the stock KB and it was menacing. The procharger is just too tamed, not as fun although its not a terrible set up and definitely does the job 🏁🏁😉👊

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
You can always try a car with a Roush or Ford Performance blower. Those will behave similat to the Whipple. Just to compare driveability differences. Good luck!

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just make sure you can enjoy the Whipple before installing. I loved my Whipple car for the fun factor. But when I would go to no prep events it was disappointing seeing cars with half the power beating mine. I had 373s which made 1st & 2nd gears non existent. By the time I'd hook in 3rd, my opponent would be 3/4s of the way there. I would try to peddle at 1st but would always panic once I'd see them pulling away & floor it which would only make things worse. Wanted to swap gears from 373 to 315 but a press never became stock at harbor freight due to the Chyna-flu "epidemic" & no way in hell would I pay what I was quoted to get the job done by some shop.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Just make sure you can enjoy the Whipple before installing. I loved my Whipple car for the fun factor. But when I would go to no prep events it was disappointing seeing cars with half the power beating mine. I had 373s which made 1st & 2nd gears non existent. By the time I'd hook in 3rd, my opponent would be 3/4s of the way there. I would try to peddle at 1st but would always panic once I'd see them pulling away & floor it which would only make things worse. Wanted to swap gears from 373 to 315 but a press never became stock at harbor freight due to the Chyna-flu "epidemic" & no way in hell would I pay what I was quoted to get the job done by some shop.

I can't race from a dig to save my life. The Whipple just makes the tires break free even worse. I'd suspect for a driver with shit racing abilities like me, would benefit from a Centri. My 330WHP Fiesta St had the torque peak about 1100 RPMs later, which helped a bunch.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Interesting, I also have 3.73 on my manual. I hear so many diff things. Heard that Centris on an automatic is better and whipple with a manual. My preference is more of a street car not really thinking about tracking the car but I hear what your saying. I recently installed an RXT Mcleod, mgw short shifter and BMR lockout kit also have the NT555r2s x 17 in the rear. My 5.0 has all the goodies... Thanks for chiming in.

Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I can't race from a dig to save my life. The Whipple just makes the tires break free even worse. I'd suspect for a driver with shit racing abilities like me, would benefit from a Centri. My 330WHP Fiesta St had the torque peak about 1100 RPMs later, which helped a bunch.
Yeah that's where I was. Don't get me wrong, same people that would beat me from a dig would refuse to run me in a roll (I hate rolls) knowing that if my car hooked they didn't have a chance. I threw the whole BMR catalog at the rear with no luck. 373s n/a are awesome, not so much on a manual Whippled car.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
And your right about the Labor on gear install 😬 but its really a necessity when FI or dependent on the end goal. I though about gear swapping also and that too has "great debate" I think its the logical thing to consider when going FI for sure.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
And your right about the Labor on gear install 😬 but its really a necessity when FI or dependent on the end goal. I though about gear swapping also and that too has "great debate" I think its the logical thing to consider when going FI for sure.
Yeah a gear change was always the plan. I bought the parts but just could not get a press from harbor freight at the time. Local shop quoted me at over $1k for just labor, no parts. I bought every tool needed (minus press) parts & still had room to spare before hitting $1k. Plus I would gain the experience from doing it. Also I'm bad at letting others do work on my car.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I would never. You’re pretty much asking for traction issues.

OP
OP
5.0_Lojos

5.0_Lojos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Good to know 👊
Sponsored