The perfect exhaust note?

MrFluffyRB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
New to the forums but I wanted some outside opinions. I have a Gen 3 coyote with some basic bolt-ons + tune (JLT CAI, Borla Atak catback, Lund Tune). Recently I ordered Corsa's Catless LTH to wake everyone up in a 10 mile radius. It's obvious that the headers and catback exhaust aren't compatible but I really liked the tone. I've only seen one other person install these headers with the same exhaust setup. But I also have Corsa's Double H pipe on the way to help alleviate fitment issues from the connecting pipes to the midpipe and to help with the tone since I'm not a fan of the rasp at WOT (hence why I went with Borla's system). I haven't seen or heard anyone do this before and to be frank, I'm quite nervous. I do have the active exhaust functionality which is a HUGE plus in my opinion but over 3k in exhaust parts alone in search for the perfect exhaust note is coming to an end (hopefully).

I will post sound clips once everything is installed at a later date.

On a side note, would BBK's catted connection pipe fit as a replacement for corsa's catless connection pipe? If not, what would? I only ask for the obvious reason anyone would need a cat..
Sponsored

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I really like corsa's catback. I personally went with Thermal R&D catback on my car and sounds great. But I also do not have active exhaust

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I think with resonator delete and LTH, you will always have more of the Coyote rasp. Good thing you have active exhaust, so its not obnoxiously loud all the time, haha. I only went as far as Corsa Sport Catback on my '16 but loved the tone, though it had some rasp at WOT. If I wanted to replace the stock setup on my Bullitt, which to me has an almost perfect tone, I would look into AWE.

Sins550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 PP
Never got to hear it in person even though this car is in the same city as me but I always thought this was the best sounding setup I've heard. Not sure how different it'd sound on the later cars but I figured a coyote was a coyote and always wanted to copy exhaust setup after this

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
AWE Touring. I think they sound better than Borla/Corsa myself.
I actually ended up cutting off my Cosra Xtreme rear section while keeping the double x mated to ARH long tubes and added the AWE Touring rear section. My favorite exhaust combo on this build so far.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
How did that all mate up? Ive been considering a change from my corsa LTH and corsa sport to get a deeper lest raspy sound.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
How did that all mate up? Ive been considering a change from my corsa LTH and corsa sport to get a deeper lest raspy sound.
The double x to the LTH did not change (ARH with direct connect to Corsa) the double x to the AWE rear took a slight fab job.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Gotcha. I figured it wouldnt bolt right up but it is doable it sounds. Thank you!

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
The best I’ve personally had was FFE and GT500 axlebacks.

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
No mufflers or resonator on my gen 2. It is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. It sounds very similar to a 350R.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
No mufflers or resonator on my gen 2. It is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard. It sounds very similar to a 350R.
But the drone though!

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
But the drone though!
There is drone in 6th on the highway but I don't drive highway much and it doesn't bother me all that much. It's worth it for everywhere else.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think your situation of not driving on the highway and not minding drone would only fit a very low percentage of the population of who owns these cars.

There is drone in 6th on the highway but I don't drive highway much and it doesn't bother me all that much. It's worth it for everywhere else.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
To me, I think the Borla S type has the best sound with a Coyote.
Sponsored