Hideous exhaust note

Jpqintx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I just added Texas Speed catted long tube headers. I already had a xpipe and Roush axel back. The sound is terrible extremely raspy! Don’t mind loud but can’t stand the raspy ness turned up to 100!
Will replacing the xpipe with a hpipe make a difference? Or should I just buy a new cat back? Some people are telling me to put resonators back on. Want to buy something today, I can’t drive this thing like this. Any help is appreciated
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
MagnaFlo Tru x or equivalent is your best bet. My old combo(TSP, Steeda X, SLP LM II's) is similar to yours except I have TSP catless longtubes. I put the Tru X on and changed to FRPP/Borla axleback. Perfect sound with the longtubes now. Not as loud, deep musclery sound!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Replace that X with a resonated X.

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Check out this thread, its based on an 18' but same principle:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/toning-down-18gt-lth-exhaust.107307/#post-2308560

I just got done with my 4th exhaust set up and I am finally somewhat pleased. Here is the short version:

-If your still 2.5"...... the Magnaflow 12468 will pretty much kill the rasp. Some have used 2.5 to 3.0" adapters to make this work as well. Unfortunately they don't make this resonator in 3".

-If your 3" and keen to stay 3" bottle resonators as mentioned are the only way to go. They won't however reduce the rasp completely, more like 50% if I had to put a number on it. For me it took these and a muffler swap to get the sound manageable. I still wouldn't mind it being a tad quieter but its the best I can do while staying 3".

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If I just waited 7 min! lol

Good choice!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered the Magnaflow Tru-X
you will be very happy with the exhaust after install. No rasp, no drone, pure tone.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Long tubes plus an X pipe plus Roush mufflers, yeah that's about as obnoxious as it gets. The resonated X pipe will help a lot.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Just ordered the Magnaflow Tru-X
Exactly where I am going when I get long tubes. I can stand the open X and Roush right now, but I know I am going to need a proper resonator with headers.

Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have TSP LTH, steeda x pipe and OEM active exhaust axle back.. It sounds amazing to me over 6k.. under its raspy as f..... even on quiet mode.. i knew going in.. as every single video with a LTH and xpipe showed, but its a lot.. I was going to swap a hpipe, already ordered to see if i liked it better or that Tru-x Magnaflow if the hpipe doesnt get me where i want to be.. 6-8k i love.. anything under is awful lol

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Check out this thread, its based on an 18' but same principle:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/toning-down-18gt-lth-exhaust.107307/#post-2308560

I just got done with my 4th exhaust set up and I am finally somewhat pleased. Here is the short version:

-If your still 2.5"...... the Magnaflow 12468 will pretty much kill the rasp. Some have used 2.5 to 3.0" adapters to make this work as well. Unfortunately they don't make this resonator in 3".

-If your 3" and keen to stay 3" bottle resonators as mentioned are the only way to go. They won't however reduce the rasp completely, more like 50% if I had to put a number on it. For me it took these and a muffler swap to get the sound manageable. I still wouldn't mind it being a tad quieter but its the best I can do while staying 3".
Seems to be a common problem on our platform! :)

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Lol dang too bad you didn’t see my threads. I have almost the exact same set up minus I had the H vs the X. There is still a ton of rasp with the magna X I actually just took mine off because I didn’t like it. I found that using two of the 12” resonators instead of the manga flow x is where I wanted to be. The manga x quiets it down way too much and creates an insane amount of rasp.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol dang too bad you didn’t see my threads. I have almost the exact same set up minus I had the H vs the X. There is still a ton of rasp with the magna X I actually just took mine off because I didn’t like it. I found that using two of the 12” resonators instead of the manga flow x is where I wanted to be. The manga x quiets it down way too much and creates an insane amount of rasp.
I couldn't disagree more, and I had it paired with one of the more raspy axlebacks (Corsa Sport, the Xtreme mufflers). No rasp at all, but I do agree that it quieted it down and neutered tone of the exhaust too much. Agreed that two inline resonators with a regular X is where it's at.
Sponsored