Sponsored

The First One On The Block

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
You didn’t expect to feel the love here, did you? I’m pretty sure the 911 crowd still hates the Cayenne even if it pays the company bills
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
How long will it take Hennessy to put a V8 in one and take people’s money?

Sponsored

GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk V-6
Hmm my dealer said they need to put 4000 miles on their demo before they can sell it.

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
You didn’t expect to feel the love here, did you? I’m pretty sure the 911 crowd still hates the Cayenne even if it pays the company bills
Porsche didn't call the Cayenne a 911 or a Carrera, so probably not as much as you'd think.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
H'resy sayeth thee? I sayeth this vehicle is quite impressive. Our dealeth'r is letting us b'rrow f'r the week.

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5626 (1).jpg

IMG_5627.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629 (1).jpg
Interesting that Ford is having trouble selling them even after the huge media blitz.

I knew I hated EVs, but I thought there were at least some people that wanted them.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I knew I hated EVs, but I thought there were at least some people that wanted them.
FWIW, Tesla sold 185,000 cars Q1 2021 - that includes Model Y sales in China which was a non-trivial number - but clearly there’s a notable demand.

I think there’s decent movement in the higher end market (Porsche sold 20K Taycans last year), I think there's some branding/product positioning issue with Ford/the Mach-E, and in the sub 50K-market in general, you have to compare everything against Tesla who has a __huge__ advantage with their charging network.

You've got VW getting pretty rave reviews over their new platforms, that include the ID.4, which I'd probably buy over a Mach-E, and the AWD/R version due out this year.

We're very likely buying a Wrangler 4XE in the next month or so, always wanted a Wrangler, and the extra power (by way of the PH system), $7500 tax credit perk, etc., makes it super compelling. Can't wait to sneak around the beach, totally silent :)

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
FWIW, Tesla sold 185,000 cars Q1 2021 - that includes Model Y sales in China which was a non-trivial number - but clearly there’s a notable demand.

I think there’s decent movement in the higher end market (Porsche sold 20K Taycans last year), I think there's some branding/product positioning issue with Ford/the Mach-E, and in the sub 50K-market in general, you have to compare everything against Tesla who has a __huge__ advantage with their charging network.

You've got VW getting pretty rave reviews over their new platforms, that include the ID.4, which I'd probably buy over a Mach-E, and the AWD/R version due out this year.

We're very likely buying a Wrangler 4XE in the next month or so, always wanted a Wrangler, and the extra power (by way of the PH system), $7500 tax credit perk, etc., makes it super compelling. Can't wait to sneak around the beach, totally silent :)
There are a lot of people who totally love the Ford brand who have plenty of money to buy something like this - assuming they want one. If this happened a year from now I would have nothing to say. However, the very first Mach Es are coming off the line and there are no ADMs? No quick sales? WTF. It's just odd to me. How much of a turd is this thing?

An e-Golf would be at the top of my EV list - just based on Camissa's recommendation - if I wanted an EV. But I don't. Maybe just maybe if Ford did an electric version of the Fiesta ST with a 500 or 600 mile range. It would have to be really quick 0-60 as well.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree about Tesla doing well. Maybe it's just that people don't trust that Ford can do an EV well and they are waiting for a few years to find out over time.

Or Ford people tend to be different people than the people who buy Teslas and other EVs.