Camaro driver takes the L on this one

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
in the very beginning there was someone blocking the pick up. You can see the shadow on the pavement. The camaro tried to slot in behind that car, but in front of the pick up by passing on the right.

The pick up blocked him...as he should. I hate people who pass on the right and refuse to wait in line for traffic to pass on the left.

The pick up then went a little douche baggy to make a point by not clearing the semi truck.

Camaro guy tries to pass on shoulder with a mega fail.
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[ame]

this is you you stop road rage.

Cades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
in the very beginning there was someone blocking the pick up. You can see the shadow on the pavement. The camaro tried to slot in behind that car, but in front of the pick up by passing on the right.

The pick up blocked him...as he should. I hate people who pass on the right and refuse to wait in line for traffic to pass on the left.

The pick up then went a little douche baggy to make a point by not clearing the semi truck.

Camaro guy tries to pass on shoulder with a mega fail.

yep, this. he was pretty much going to cut the truck off and force him to brake.

Zero chance anyone cuts me off flying up the right hand lane to bypass traffic and cut in front of me forcing me to brake. Granted i wouldnt have blocked him in either, but still.

9 times out of 10 there isn't anyone behind you and people like that still try to cut you off

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
There certainly is no defending the Camaro driver. He was intoxicated and driving without a license. He should be punished.

However, if you're the guy in the pickup, and you see something like that, just let it go and let the guy go on his way. Things are bad enough on the roads without intentionally trying to aggravate someone who is already driving dangerously. Just let the idiot pass and get as far away from you as possible.

I've learned to let a lot of things go since moving to Florida. Drivers down here are just brutal. It's hard to do, but it's not worth causing problems. The poor trucker driver was that guy who got screwed because one driver was drunk and the other was a jerkoff.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
There certainly is no defending the Camaro driver. He was intoxicated and driving without a license. He should be punished.

However, if you're the guy in the pickup, and you see something like that, just let it go and let the guy go on his way. Things are bad enough on the roads without intentionally trying to aggravate someone who is already driving dangerously. Just let the idiot pass and get as far away from you as possible.

I've learned to let a lot of things go since moving to Florida. Drivers down here are just brutal. It's hard to do, but it's not worth causing problems. The poor trucker driver was that guy who got screwed because one driver was drunk and the other was a jerkoff.
+1, this is normal Florida behavior.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I only watched the vid once and didn't pay much attention to anyone other than the Camaro. What law did the other guy break?

IMHO, pickup driver did nothing wrong by the letter of the law (discounting speed limit, they're all going the same speed). Moving over for faster traffic is not a 'law', as far as I know. Aggressive driving is... at least in MD I believe.

In louisiana, slow traffic must move to the right to allow faster traffic. So in LA, truck dude wouldve been in violation.

It's not enforced like it should be but it's there.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
In louisiana, slow traffic must move to the right to allow faster traffic. So in LA, truck dude wouldve been in violation.

It's not enforced like it should be but it's there.
On freeways, that's pretty much a "golden rule". Hard to enforce though. And in this case, the truck is moving faster than the semi, so he's not in violation and has the right to be on the left. Problem is he didn't pass the semi in a reasonable amount of time, then move over for the faster car to make it past.

Raven15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Z/28 Camaro
If this was in Ohio there may still be a law on the books that you have to stay right unless passing. There used to be when I lived there.

Here in SE Michigan this looks totally normal (except for the accident...usually the bonehead passing on the shoulder actually makes it). Sad but true...
If there is such a law here in Ohio, it is CLEARLY never enforced. The assclowns that love to drive in the left lane(s) at or BELOW the speed limit are at no end in this state. :frusty:

It's no wonder that some people lose it but it still does not excuse the idiot Camaro driver trying to pass IN THE DIRT.

Of course, a BAC of .19 explains it all, whether he was a Camaro driver or otherwise. He's just lucky no one was hurt or killed. I feel for the poor Semi Driver.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
From the video, I'd honestly charge the pick up driver with a lower count of reckless/aggressive driving. He intentionally was trying to block the Camaro from passing, then held speed with the semi to not allow the Camaro to pass.

Bar none the Camaro is at fault, BUT this also could have been avoided if the pick up driver didn't act like he was the law of the road. All he had to do was pass the semi OR let the Camaro in to pass.
Sponsored