sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lower grille is all dedicated to oil cooler
Upper grille is devided in 3 because
The center is the trans cooler. So the 2 on the sides are directly to the radiator.
And yes water spray is incredible.
I have 5 nozzles total
2 oil
2 radiator
1 trans

In 90f with real gauge
Oil temp
Standard 285f
Ducted 260
Water spray 240

With 70f water spraying keeps oil at 220
Trans max at 214f
CHT max 220

I lost a transmission already so cooling was my #1priority. If this year i will still have issues ..ZLE :)
Oh ok, that makes sense...I didn't realize the trans cooler was there. Have you had any complaints about spraying water on track? I can't imagine it being a lot, but people like to complain sometimes.
Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Oh ok, that makes sense...I didn't realize the trans cooler was there. Have you had any complaints about spraying water on track? I can't imagine it being a lot, but people like to complain sometimes.
I didn't.
There is no dripping for tge following reason
1. Well i did test it :) all the water gets i side tge coolers
2. Is 30-50% alchool so fast evaporation
3. Well is it all sealed.
Attached the video with testing (no sealing)

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn't.
There is no dripping for tge following reason
1. Well i did test it :) all the water gets i side tge coolers
2. Is 30-50% alchool so fast evaporation
3. Well is it all sealed.
Attached the video with testing (no sealing)
That's awesome.

what do you think about using something like this CryO2 intercooler sprayer, just maybe make it out of copper tubing with small holes drilled few inches apart to act as nozzles?
dei_cryo2.jpg

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome.

what do you think about using something like this CryO2 intercooler sprayer, just maybe make it out of copper tubing with small holes drilled few inches apart to act as nozzles?
dei_cryo2.jpg
It could be a solution. Although you need to cool down many items far eachother. Not sure how the circuit works.
Plus additional tank

I think the next step for me will be put another water pump imside the windshield water tank that activates automatically q ith specific temps

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
circulating water faster is not necessarily a good thing. You want the water to spend maximum time in the radiator shedding heat, but obviously not so slow as to cause localized heat spikes (boiling) in the engine. Also the faster you shove water thru a pipe the more turbulence you get on the boundary layer which makes energy transfer even less effective.

Fast water flow rate may shed more BTU/sec than running it at standard speed, but the radiator outlet temp will be higher than it was before. The race cars have massive vents in the hood to maximize airflow thru the engine bay and let the radiator 'breath' vs street cars which flow air badly. Ford Perf really should come up with some 'just shove it in there' ducting around the edges of the various heat exchangers.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Turbotyla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
circulating water faster is not necessarily a good thing. You want the water to spend maximum time in the radiator shedding heat, but obviously not so slow as to cause localized heat spikes (boiling) in the engine. Also the faster you shove water thru a pipe the more turbulence you get on the boundary layer which makes energy transfer even less effective.

Fast water flow rate may shed more BTU/sec than running it at standard speed, but the radiator outlet temp will be higher than it was before. The race cars have massive vents in the hood to maximize airflow thru the engine bay and let the radiator 'breath' vs street cars which flow air badly. Ford Perf really should come up with some 'just shove it in there' ducting around the edges of the various heat exchangers.
While this theory is sometimes applied to heat exchange talk with vehicles. With most components on a car it is very hard to move the water "too" fast or even closer to laminar.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I've read this theory on the interwebs before. Are you saying what Ford engineers did is questionable and you know better?

While this theory is sometimes applied to heat exchange talk with vehicles. With most components on a car it is very hard to move the water "too" fast or even closer to laminar.
Agreed.

Faster moving water keeps the water temperature more consistent everywhere in the system versus having very hot water in the engine and very cold water in the radiator. For good efficient cooling you want the water in the radiator to be hot.

Turbulent flow is actually the better condition for heat transfer.

Norm
True.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was speaking in generalities, not specifics. Because Ford Perf refuses to publish ANY scientific/engineering details on their flow rates provided by their various pumps. Nor the results of any validation testing.

And yes you want radiator inlet temps as high as possible and radiator outlet temps as low as possible because it's the delta that's important. The colder the water is entering the hot engine, the better it can suck heat out of the metal. If you crank up the flow rates, the radiator outlet (nee engine input) temp is now higher. Flow rates matter of course, too and it's not a linear relationship.

"no name" radiator or intercooler guys PUBLISH their results, so what's Ford's excuse?
Sponsored