ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
uhh, a 'nice' letter from an attorney and a demand to cut you a check and fedex it to you within the next business day is not exactly unexpected. Once the check clears it's high time to name and shame these bastards.

If you're willing to drive 452 miles to a shitty-ass "dealer" why didn't you think to drive the 436 miles (or 90min plane ride) to Lindsay in Wheaton MD and gotten a MY21 GT for over 6000 off? They've still got 2 left. Stupid A10 though.
Because I don't want an automatic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still in limbo.
They still have my deposit, and I still have copies of my signed agreed price, etc.
I so what to put them on blast.
It's been a month.
Guess owning my first Stang just isn't to be, at least not this unit from these bozo's .

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Still in limbo.
They still have my deposit, and I still have copies of my signed agreed price, etc.
It's been a month.
Guess owning my first Stang just isn't to be, at least not this unit from these bozo's .
Sorry to hear that this still not resolved. Time to go to one of your local TV stations consumer affairs person. That will get their attention.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Still in limbo.
It's been a month.
Dude, you trollin? Sounds like you don't want the car and are talking yourself out of it.

One thing I am curious about, do you have an actual VIN number of the car on the paperwork? If what you say is true, it would take all of 2 minutes time with the sales manager to sort out. They would have no legal reason to breach the contract.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude, you trollin? Sounds like you don't want the car and are talking yourself out of it.

One thing I am curious about, do you have an actual VIN number of the car on the paperwork? If what you say is true, it would take all of 2 minutes time with the sales manager to sort out. They would have no legal reason to breach the contract.
Sales manger, seems to not be in, or on a call when I call, leave a voice mail, never hear back, DROVE TO DEALERSHIP, and was told he was not in his office, but should be back within the hour, It is a long drive, So, waited, no sign of him, So went to lunch with my wife, and came back 2 hours later, and had the wife go in. As they had not met her. She got the run around once they found out what car this was about.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
1623158729456.png

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
They still have your deposit. On a car you don't have. Seriously - why have you not contacted a lawyer, local law enforcement, or your bank?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sales manger, seems to not be in, or on a call when I call, leave a voice mail, never hear back, DROVE TO DEALERSHIP, and was told he was not in his office, but should be back within the hour, It is a long drive, So, waited, no sign of him, So went to lunch with my wife, and came back 2 hours later, and had the wife go in. As they had not met her. She got the run around once they found out what car this was about.
Do you understand why we are all losing patience with you? We feel for your situation but at this point the story just doesn't hold water. If you're not getting the car you legally have to get your deposit back, period. If you feel you can, go in there and be super assertive. If this means raising your voice on the sales floor, do it. Not enough to get the police in there but enough for them to get the point.

We have all recommended a lawyer or the media but you do not seem to want to do this. Obviously none of us can understand this. It just makes no sense.

Now if you still want the car from this dealer, please stop posting. You have a problem that none of can help you with.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you understand why we are all losing patience with you? We feel for your situation but at this point the story just doesn't hold water. If you're not getting the car you legally have to get your deposit back, period. If you feel you can, go in there and be super assertive. If this means raising your voice on the sales floor, do it. Not enough to get the police in there but enough for them to get the point.

We have all recommended a lawyer or the media but you do not seem to want to do this. Obviously none of us can understand this. It just makes no sense.

Now if you still want the car from this dealer, please stop posting. You have a problem that none of can help you with.
I am trying to be firm, but nice enough ,with the hope of them honoring the deal, and get the vehicle.
ONLY reason I have not lost my temper with them in person.
As I know, It is either get them to follow through, or wait till 2022-2023 for A new mustang.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I am trying to be firm, but nice enough ,with the hope of them honoring the deal, and get the vehicle.
buy some chain and shackles. locate the car on their lot and chain yourself to it. and for good measure announce a starvation protest. Post on social media for the local TV news. Should be a bundle of fun and excitement to liven up the week. Pin a copy of the sales order to your shirt and also have a big sandwich board made with the printout and have urchin children parade up and down the street with it on their shoulders.

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Would you do business with a outlet that pulls this type crap?
Would you want a vehicle ,that it took a lawyer to get, then if it had issues, or was a lemon had to deal with the same dealer for those issues.
I like the car, but Ford will make more, and I rather not buy from a Ford outlet ,that pulls this type crap.
Ford, already knows about it, and they have a copy of the P/S. signed P/s. and the banks loan approval, loan amount and rate.
Enforce your right: get the car, offer it back to them for the purchase price + $6000. Go collect and buy somewhere else.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Iā€™m beginning to question whether this is a real situation or not.

I just canā€™t imagine how anyone considering a GT would allow himself to be treated like this. The OP has had numerous sincere and workable suggestions but ignores them and continues to whine Instead.

OP, if this is real Iā€™d suggest you get your money back and proceed to the nearest Kia store.

OP
OP
ICU812

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m beginning to question whether this is a real situation or not.

I just canā€™t imagine how anyone considering a GT would allow himself to be treated like this. The OP has had numerous sincere and workable suggestions but ignores them and continues to whine Instead.

OP, if this is real Iā€™d suggest you get your money back and proceed to the nearest Kia store.
Sorry, but you've been an butt from the start.
It is real. If it wasn't for the long wait(orders), lack of cars on lots , I would have raised holy blue hell.
But going in with a hair across my ass gets nothing done.
My bank has been informed, Today. They advised I try one more time before , filing a dispute .
If I didn't like the car, or I could walk into another dealer and just move on, I would. That does not mean I am willing to fork over thousands more than agreed, to get the car.
Again, stop being an ass, I have the signed document from the dealership.
With the cars msrp, ford discounts, the dealers discount, the dealer fees, the title fee, the sales tax, the tag fees, my deposit, And the agreed total for the vehicle. Amount I will finance and the bank check balance , as I was not financing the total amount. 2/3rd was to be financed, and a third was to be a check. So it was 15000.00 ish down on the car total. balance financed.
Sorry dude, they thought because of me being an out of state buyer, and the lack of vehicles and it being spring, that they could change the deal and I would be fine with it.
IF they never took the 2270.00 off it it and the Ford factory rebate /discounts. when they quoted me. I would have never bothered driving there, sitting at the desk and working out a deal. The ford factory rebates to customers on 2020 left overs, and the dealer taking the 2270.00 off it was the only reason I drove there, test drove it, had them look at an issue it had the first drive. then come back ,and drive it again and then sign the document to BUY it.
But not fill out a p/s document , sign it, then , in the middle of financing , oh we are not going to discount it, now.

MSRP 44855.00
Dealer discount 2270.00
vehicle price 42585.00
title fee 27.00
admin fee (doc fee) 399.00
sales tax--------2573.19
total price 45584.19
factory rebates to customer 4000.00
deposit 2500.00

total balance 39084.19

bank check 12584.19
financed 26500.00 @ 2.29 for 65 months

When I got to the finance dept. they changed it to no ford rebate, and no dealer discount.
so it be 44855.00
not the agreed 38585.00
That is a huge difference.
And way to much for a left over turbo 4 mustang.
I'm sure someone will be willing to fork over 44855+ taxes and fees. for a left over turbo 4 mustang, it just isn't going to be me.
As they say, thAR is an ass for every seat. so I'm sure they'll sell it to someone.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
ONLY reason I have not lost my temper with them in person......

....I would have raised holy blue hell. But going in with a hair across my ass gets nothing done........
You're a beta cuckold, and you'll never get that car. You will also never recoup the money you put down. There are people at the dealership laughing their asses off just thinking about you.

Yes, there are times getting angry, loud and shouty are what gets things done. In point of fact, it's an extremely effective thing to so, in the middle of a car showroom on a busy day. You are incapable of doing so.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Sorry, but you've been an butt from the start.
It is real. If it wasn't for the long wait(orders), lack of cars on lots , I would have raised holy blue hell.
But going in with a hair across my ass gets nothing done.
My bank has been informed, Today. They advised I try one more time before , filing a dispute .
If I didn't like the car, or I could walk into another dealer and just move on, I would. That does not mean I am willing to fork over thousands more than agreed, to get the car.
Again, stop being an ass, I have the signed document from the dealership.
With the cars msrp, ford discounts, the dealers discount, the dealer fees, the title fee, the sales tax, the tag fees, my deposit, And the agreed total for the vehicle. Amount I will finance and the bank check balance , as I was not financing the total amount. 2/3rd was to be financed, and a third was to be a check. So it was 15000.00 ish down on the car total. balance financed.
Sorry dude, they thought because of me being an out of state buyer, and the lack of vehicles and it being spring, that they could change the deal and I would be fine with it.
IF they never took the 2270.00 off it it and the Ford factory rebate /discounts. when they quoted me. I would have never bothered driving there, sitting at the desk and working out a deal. The ford factory rebates to customers on 2020 left overs, and the dealer taking the 2270.00 off it was the only reason I drove there, test drove it, had them look at an issue it had the first drive. then come back ,and drive it again and then sign the document to BUY it.
But not fill out a p/s document , sign it, then , in the middle of financing , oh we are not going to discount it, now.

MSRP 44855.00
Dealer discount 2270.00
vehicle price 42585.00
title fee 27.00
admin fee (doc fee) 399.00
sales tax--------2573.19
total price 45584.19
factory rebates to customer 4000.00
deposit 2500.00

total balance 39084.19

bank check 12584.19
financed 26500.00 @ 2.29 for 65 months

When I got to the finance dept. they changed it to no ford rebate, and no dealer discount.
so it be 44855.00
not the agreed 38585.00
That is a huge difference.
And way to much for a left over turbo 4 mustang.
I'm sure someone will be willing to fork over 44855+ taxes and fees. for a left over turbo 4 mustang, it just isn't going to be me.
As they say, thAR is an ass for every seat. so I'm sure they'll sell it to someone.
I'll ask again, is there a VIN on the signed paperwork? Is the car sitting now at the dealer? Do you really want the car?

If what you are saying is true, that you have an actual signed sales agreement with VIN and a car sitting at the dealer, then you are indeed a fool. Sorry, but they made a mistake, sensed you were a pushover and they are screwing you.

I am not quite sure what your motivation is continuing to post here as you don't seem to be amenable to any of the good suggestions offered here about not getting abused by the dealer. It is pretty simple contract law. Offer and acceptance stuff. They know this too...

A quick call to the Attorney General's office in the dealer's state would most likely get things cleared up. (Probably even a threat to do so would suffice).
Sponsored