tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Since I won't have the needed cable for probably another week I have been doing research on the changes I will need to make to the tune to get the car to run.

I need to update the maf in the tune as the maf tubing size is way bigger than stock. I also need to update the injector data as I have different injectors.

Those two things should be enough to get the car to idle and run. I then need to change the imrc as I have the 18 manifold with adapters and you need to adjust the imrc data. I may need to change manifold volume too although not 100% sure.

I will also need to update the camshaft timing as the car has cams. I think I will just log Lunds timing and steal theirs as a good baseline.

I have been poking around tune files with pcmtec and hptuners. I have to say hptuners seems way more user friendly and straight forward. Hptuners also seems to have a lot more parameters showing but maybe that's because I am using one of pcm tecs stock files you can create and its not fully populated?

We will see how it goes when I actually can read my tune and start tuning but it seems like hptuners has a significant advantage in the user-friendliness department.

Hptuners also lets you mess with check engine lights... This is a nice feature especially as I am catless and at least want the ability to turn off the light for the cat codes so I can use remote start. I know Rolls has mentioned previously that pcmtec has no ability to mess with any emissions components or code reporting. This will probably be an issue for people with dedicated race cars who have deleted a lot of the emissions components.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
PCMtec has multiples more parameters available vs hpt. If you aren’t seeing this then check the tabs at the top to expand the parameter list. Both softwares have options to turn on or off expanded/advanced parameter lists.

I agree that the hpt UI makes it easier to figure out what does what. I actually still use the hpt UI sometimes to find things then this spreadsheet to see where they are in PCMtec:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pcmtec.190584/page-14#post-3870002

I’m going to be very interested to see if you can read one or any of your current tunes.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I’m going to be very interested to see if you can read one or any of your current tunes.
+1 here.

HPT is easier to figure out as it is windows based. PCMtec has more abilities.

You will need a MAF curve for the PMAS, use their parameters. You will also need info for the LU47's. I can give you a file but I want you to figure it out yourself, or at least give it a real try.

The IMRC parameters you can grab from any 18 up 5.0 file.
I believe Comp cams gives a base for their cams, or like you said copy Lund from the logs you have. They look close to what I have seen from Comp. Unless you can see that tune you will need to log cruise and all possible running conditions to get a true VVT schedule.

Have fun learning.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
If it’s the same 47# injectors that Roush uses, pcmtec has Roush files in their built-in library.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
If it’s the same 47# injectors that Roush uses, pcmtec has Roush files in their built-in library.
Forgot about that. If I remember correctly Roush has 3 or 4 different sets of parameters for the same 47# injectors.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
What are all your mods
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6r80 3.15 Diff

Gen 3 Shortblock, Gen 2 Heads machined to 12.1:1 CR

Stage 3 N/A comp cams, Ford performance phasers, mmr valve springs, Boss302 tensioners, Upgraded OPG + crank sprocket

PMAS fenderwell intake, Ported 2018 Manifold with IMRC adapters, Headers no cats, LU47 Injectors, DW400 fuel pump

Stock transmission, stock converter, still 3.15 diff

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Where do you find those files? I was just using there stock rebuild tool to look at stock mustang ones

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
It’s at the top, in the "Calibration Tools" drop down. It's called “show tricore calibration list”. Then you can sort by year, engine, etc. if you want to find Roush, Whipple, or ford racing cals then don’t filter on anything except “os provider” on the far right.

Last edited:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Look for FSKW4. It is a gen 3 Roush tune but has correct LU47 injector data

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
How did you get OS provider? Mine stops at rear o2 sensor
PCM.png

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Try right-clicking on the heading and hit the "show column chooser" button. If you don't see OS Provider in the list you might need to update your version of PCMTec.

1716836523329-t2.png

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I highly doubt I will be able to read the Lund tunes as they lock them all. You can't even log most parameters as they limit what you can log to what they need (and they typically don't log that much).
Sponsored