Remote Tuning Vs. Dyno Tuning

Dapepper9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Remote tuning is typically done on a dyno.
Depends on your definition of "remote tuning". I'd argue that at most, there's only 1 remote dyno tune for every email/remote street tune
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Depends on your definition of "remote tuning". I'd argue that at most, there's only 1 remote dyno tune for every email/remote street tune
I personally consider remote tuning being when the tuner feels the need for the car to be datalogged and ran on a dyno before they turn things up. So for most bolt-on NA cars which typically don't require being on a dyno they really don't fall into that category. For a forced induction or all out race build the requirement for being on the dyno for the tuning session is what I would consider "remote tuning". Just my personal opinion based on experience with all of my builds over the years.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
With these Coyotes being closed loop fueling, adaptive intelligence, and all the data you need to view at your fingertips, There's no difference anymore. You can tune the car in on the dyno to run perfect on the street 95% of the time. Thanks to the Copperhead PCM.

IMO though, remote street tuning/logging is slightly more beneficial.
Sponsored