Sponsored

Takeoff Brembo Caliper/Disc condition

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I recently bought a set of track pack Brembo caliper and disc set from shelbyauctions, presumably off of a track pack GT that got the Super Snake treatment. I'm just wondering if there is anything that is concerning in the pictures? The brake pad being that crooked doesn't look right to me, but I'm not sure if its just not aligned/fitted right or if there is some serious damage to the hardware. (Also both brake discs look to be in the same condition visually, so I only uploaded a pic of one)
20201004_190229.jpg
20201004_190106.jpg
20201004_185745.jpg
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I was thinking of going that route for a set too. Last ones I saw went for like $340, which is a steal!!

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Get some replacement pins & clips, but nothing else looks concerning there.
You mean this/that?

I was thinking of going that route for a set too. Last ones I saw went for like $340, which is a steal!!
You gotta have a faster draw than McCree to win them lol. I managed to get luck at the last second.

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Its a bit hard to tell since we are looking at the pins from the other side. I think the pads are just sitting like that because they have more room to slide vs when there is a rotor between them.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Its a bit hard to tell since we are looking at the pins from the other side. I think the pads are just sitting like that because they have more room to slide vs when there is a rotor between them.
Does this show them better?
20201014_191101.jpg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Get some 2 piece rotors and the 4 piston brakes are fine.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Get some 2 piece rotors and the 4 piston brakes are fine.
I'm sure.
But I already have the Brembos and on top of that, the Brembos look better.
shrug.jpg

They just do.

Plus, if I do take it to a track day, I want the better heat performance that the 6 pistons and better rotors offer.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interestingly I know guys with those brakes who don't track their cars and they change them out to something that doesn't dust as much. I just ordered the Power Stop brake and pads for mine. I have a guy in the Mustang Club with the PP2, that put the Power Stop Kit for the 6 piston brakes on his and he loves them...I don't think he tracks his car.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Yep that pin to the right is bent. Sucks they could not spend the 5 mins tapping those out. The oem pins and bolt are expensive.
Same here, but Shelby has always been known for doing things the fast way. Even if that's not always the correct way.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I agree the Brembos look much better and I almost did the swap myself. I was overheating the 4 piston's on the back roads.

When I found out how much the Brembos weigh, and are a PIA to swap pads. I looked for another solution.

Steeda makes a two-piece rotor for the 4 piston set up. I haven't been able to overheat them yet, and I get to keep the easy pad change those calipers allow.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I agree the Brembos look much better and I almost did the swap myself. I was overheating the 4 piston's on the back roads.

When I found out how much the Brembos weigh, and are a PIA to swap pads. I looked for another solution.

Steeda makes a two-piece rotor for the 4 piston set up. I haven't been able to overheat them yet, and I get to keep the easy pad change those calipers allow.
Maybe, but I in general don't do work on my car unless I know I can do it. So really that's oil changes, tire rotations and a undercarriage inspection.

I just pay for any actual work I want to get done correctly lol.
Sponsored